Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlgD5PozR5U

It's extremely pro-BBQ

Edit: i should note that there are pictures of gang violence and people getting very hurt. It is a documentary and it has a lot of violence. I've only watched the first one to completion so I'm only going to post that one because I dunno how bad it gets in the later ones.

Finished this series. There’s a lot of funerals but the worst stuff is definitely in the first part. BBQ might not be perfect but the big takeaway is just how much the US State Department hates him and has invented crimes to accuse him of, so he deserves support almost for that alone imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

No, no. This time when we're sending the Marines to Haiti, it's for good reasons, and only a handful. :dumb:

e: Why the gently caress does the US Embassy in Canada have a platoon of Marine guards if they needed to send additional marines to Haiti? I realize photo ops and dress blues or whatever, but I'm confused about what the point is if the (evacuated?) US embassy in Haiti needed a fleet level asset deployed there?

It’s basically reinforcements. FAST teams are basically regular marine infantry who have pretenses of being elite operators. (So, regular marine infantry.)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The Kenyan high court ruled that Haiti's government needs to approve the deployment of police, hence trying to set up this quisling council I suppose.

quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/26/kenya-high-court-rules-against-plan-deploy-hundreds-police-haiti-un

Kenya high court rules against plan to deploy hundreds of police to Haiti

Judge says UN-backed proposals to tackle gangs in Caribbean country contravene Kenya’s constitution

Fri 26 Jan 2024

Kenya’s high court has ruled against a government plan to deploy hundreds of police to Haiti to lead a UN-backed multinational mission to fight escalating gang violence in the Caribbean country
The court’s ruling that the deployment was “illegal” did not turn on the major issues raised in the case, which lawyers said blind-sided both sides. The judge found that parliamentary approval was only required for military, and not police deployments, and that police could be deployed abroad.

It said, however, that for officers to be deployed, there needed to be a reciprocal arrangement with the host government, which the petitioners had argued – with no contest from the government – was not currently in place.

As far as this new security deployment, it is a state department Diplomatic Security Service team plus the marine FAST team. It seems there is a bit of censorship about the nature of the later, I pulled this pic from google cache from a quickly deleted DVIDS post.

code:
cache:https://www.dvidshub.net/image/8286419/us-marine-corps-fleet-anti-terrorism-security-team-deploys-haiti
And no surprises on reddit

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Oh as far as the embassy goes they have just evacuated non essential staff

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hatebag posted:

sure, get venezuela in there too so they can get some heavy industry and steel production in there

https://twitter.com/BTnewsroom/status/1765155848387453283

https://twitter.com/yvangil/status/1768001701607243867

quote:

#Comunicado Venezuela expresses its deep concern about the events that have been developing in the sister Republic of Haiti, and the risks that loom over this nation by resorting to formulas of interference in its sovereignty, which include a greater deterioration of its institutionality and the use, once again, of foreign forces without comprehensive support that guarantees a lasting and stable peace, which opens the way to the economic and social development that the Haitian people require.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've not even heard this guy's name

https://twitter.com/JakobJohnston/status/1768038141510779001?t=sEwuU3MgbxgcFqgiynGDUQ&s=19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/WHAAsstSecty/status/1768033972712288761

quote:

Secretary Blinken’s Call with President Ruto
READOUT

OFFICE OF THE SPOKESPERSON

MARCH 13, 2024

The below is attributable to Spokesperson Matthew Miller:

Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken spoke with Kenyan President William Ruto today to discuss the expeditious deployment of the Multinational Security Support mission to provide security and stability to the Haitian people, including immediate next steps to facilitate deployment.

Secretary Blinken and President Ruto underscored the United Nations Security Council’s stated expectation that the Multinational Security Support mission to Haiti deploy as soon as possible to provide support to the Haitian National Police. Secretary Blinken updated President Ruto on commitments by the United States and other international partners to support the mission.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

err posted:

BBQs workin on it

lol a bit heavy handed with the mural

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

lol a bit heavy handed with the mural

mission accomplie banner

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlgD5PozR5U

It's extremely pro-BBQ

Edit: i should note that there are pictures of gang violence and people getting very hurt. It is a documentary and it has a lot of violence. I've only watched the first one to completion so I'm only going to post that one because I dunno how bad it gets in the later ones.

hey what's this about

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al! posted:

hey what's this about

freemason symbol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gmasons

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
nice to see g-unit still around

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

hey what's this about

architecture enthusiast

would you like to connect this to any particular movement?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i know about the grotesquely evil french genocides and colonializing, but what does america get out of trying to maintain haiti as an oppressed colony anymore? seems like US has plenty of other exploited colonies that are vastly more profitable and of more strategic value that they could just leave haiti alone with no loss in the us gdp

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
because it would set a bad precedence if they didn’t

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

has anyone blamed Russian misinformation yet

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
america no longer really remembers why they do the things they do because no one at the top really knows how the empire was built in the first place
that being said haiti is a key component in america's textile industry, and has a sizeable amount of raw resources
the fact this is all valued so low is, in fact, kind of the point

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Xaris posted:

i know about the grotesquely evil french genocides and colonializing, but what does america get out of trying to maintain haiti as an oppressed colony anymore? seems like US has plenty of other exploited colonies that are vastly more profitable and of more strategic value that they could just leave haiti alone with no loss in the us gdp

but what if the united states was loving evil and saw the haitian people as exploitable bodies to increase wealth? back during the duvalier days there was a big business in literally selling blood to america and more recently hillary successfully lobbied to prevent a raise in the minimum wage for the benefit of t-shirt manufacturers

also its telling that the biggest american (and only really functioning) development project is a giant textile factory owned by a korean company

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

there's also the dominican republic who would love nothing more than to keep haiti destabilized so they don't finish that irrigation canal, which is the main reason they're keeping the border closed

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

he should go join bbqs group

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

he leads a smaller gang called 5 seconds, although i think this dumb fuk is conflating "power" with "violence"

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

haha

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

500excf type r posted:

There are a lot of reasons to lol at the power projection capacity and material logistics of the us military or clown on the stereotype of the us infantryman and his dodge challenger but none of those things involve their individual ability to fight man to man and you would be a fool to think that

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

cspam guy

burger troops are the best fighters in the universe

"summon the fremen"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

amazing lol

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

port-au-prince of america gtfo here lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

they're in it for the love of the game

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

dead gay comedy forums posted:

port-au-prince of america gtfo here lmao

that would be LA

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
the idea that any large enough group of United States residents large enough to refer to as "we" even knows what Port-Au-Prince is much less WHERE it is hahaha

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Mayors lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i unironically loving love eric adams

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Megamissen posted:

that would be LA

it would probably be miami imo

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Al! posted:

it would probably be miami imo

there is famously prince in the LA area, is there any prince in miami?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
that'd be Minneapolis by my reckoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be