Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know what the funny part is? Jonnu's most productive season was last year except for touchdowns, by a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Patriots

Amen brother

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

You know what the funny part is? Jonnu's most productive season was last year except for touchdowns, by a lot

Well yeah it's not like he was competing for snaps with the literal highest drafted tight end in history or anything. Wait, hang on...

It wasn't really a bad touchdown year (for him), 3 is right in line with his career norms. He just had one weirdo outlier year in 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh good another warm body at TE!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I like the Smith signing just fine in its context. He’s a solid short-area YAC TE in an offense that could desperately use one, and I don’t think he rules out a draft pick there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s getting like 2.5 a year and if he hits something silly like 750 yards or 10 TDs he gets a huge 2mm a year bonus. Other 500k is apparently a 2025 workout bonus. Big whoop

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins were the only team that didn’t have a TE score a TD last season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Michael Lombardi said that the Eagles are all over Bryce Huff. Makes sense that a much smarter team than the Jets would get that done.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/some-chiefs-dolphins-fans-who-attended-record-cold-playoff-game-now-need-amputations-per-report/

lol. Not for the fans, this big time sucks for them, but for the situation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Bryce Huff contract/money from the Eagles is going to break every Jet fan's brain on how reasonable it's going to be. What a complete failure.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1766126531586212328

I'm torn between "sweet, we've got a ton of cash to burn and he's a team captain who was a lone bright(ish) spot the last 3 years" and "uhh 3 year deal for a 29 year old with injury history?"

Have to see what the details look like

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I'm fine with bringing back Henry, they need someone to catch passes and JuJu/Parker are completely worthless

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Maybe Bill's best GMing move of recent years was finding someone give an actual asset to take Jonnu Smith from us, I'm crossing all my fingers the same can be done for those two

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Henry at whatever money over the next 2 years is fine, 3rd won't be guaranteed, and we literally need to plug the monstrously awful holes all over the offense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

3 years, $27m, up to $30m with incentives for Henry.

Perfectly happy with that.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

3 years, $27m, up to $30m with incentives for Henry.

Perfectly happy with that.

yeah I am totally fine locking down one of the 9 million roster holes with a reliable vet even if he's nothing special

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

16m guaranteed, that's actually team-friendly even. Good deal.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now please get him a QB that doesn't overthrow him when he's running wide open to the end zone.

Guy probably would probably have double his TD total if it weren't for Mac Jones being a total garbage man who can't make a loving easy touch throw.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jacoby Brissett, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The Bryce Huff contract/money from the Eagles is going to break every Jet fan's brain on how reasonable it's going to be. What a complete failure.
I'm guessing like $16-18m per year? I'd probably pay that even with the other gaping holes they need to fill.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm guessing like $16-18m per year? I'd probably pay that even with the other gaping holes they need to fill.

You can't buy enough good players in free agency that you can ever let guys like huff walk but the jets are very stupid and very desperate.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1766181135309066321

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol. Dude will be 39 this year, might finally be the end of the line for Hoyer the Destroyer.

Nov 6, 2002

Please retire and save us from ourselves or just become a QB coach, cause that's basically the only thing you're good at.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1766197291919045096

lol i'm sure teams are falling over themsevles

Nov 6, 2002

He'd make a great developmental backup for the Jets. Good reclamation project for Joe Douglas.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He really would be a great backup, honestly. I wouldn’t hate him for a 6/7

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How did the Bills only get a fourth? Tremaine got paid! How is he still letting us down!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The Jets get to pick Mr. Irrelevant this year

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1766204335606690141?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

How did the Bills only get a fourth? Tremaine got paid! How is he still letting us down!

Blame the 49ers. Not only did they and the Rams get 3rds from having a minority hire poached, the 49ers also handed a $21m contract to Javon Hargrave which along with the Chiefs giving Jawaan Taylor $20m APY, knock the Bills comp pick to a 4th since Tremaine Edmunds only got $18m APY.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is it 1 third or 2 thirds for a minority couch being hired away?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Two, one for each of the next two seasons.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Please retire and save us from ourselves or just become a QB coach, cause that's basically the only thing you're good at.

Unless you are coaching JFF.

Hoyer did nothing wrong

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1766486256140063063

The Jets are so loving stupid man...............

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Joe Douglas is an awe-inspiring dipshit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Look this incompetent franchise always treated Bryce Huff like a RFA. He played in the 4th quarter of preseason games THIS YEAR. He was inactive for games this year. They never played him as a 3 down player even if his metrics suggest that he's an elite 3 down player so I'm sure he would take less money to GTFO of here and play on a good franchise like the Eagles.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He wants top dollar based on every interview he gives.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

He wants top dollar based on every interview he gives.

Oh he's going to get it. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the highest paid non QB in free agency. 25 year old premiere pass rusher.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There are two DTs that’ll get more than him imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

There are two DTs that’ll get more than him imo

Yeah you're right other than Jones and Wilkins. Either way, he's getting paid.