Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

fsif posted:

They did it for a loving 5th rounder come onnnn

1 spot. I love it. Dejean, JPJ, McConkey all still there. Soft rebuild, we generated good value. Even if we missed Barton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Amy Pole Her posted:

Chop Robinson sure looks like Charles Harris. Fast speed dude with no real production and no moves. Ugh. We’ll see.

Hurts knowing there was talent available and we went with him

So the plan is to take a guy with lovely stats and hope he gets better stats against much tougher competition? Great

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean Beane must hate the players that are left if he's willing to give up the fifth year option to upgrade a 6th to a 5th

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Cock blocking Bills

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
7 WRs in the first round.....

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

fsif posted:

I mean Beane must hate the players that are left if he's willing to give up the fifth year option to upgrade a 6th to a 5th

It's pretty drat close to moving up two rounds (59 spots) rather than just a 6th to a 5th feels like.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

7 WRs in the first round.....

WR's have been hitting hard the last 5 years in the 1st. Not shocked to see that explode with a bumper crop like this.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bills probably take AD Mitchell tomorrow? Bummer losing out on him by one spot. Pats should take a tackle there I guess if he's gone even though we are well past the top tier guys

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1783705957958045837
UGH loving Falcons.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

So I was exactly right, cool

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Bills didn't even gain any picks? Just moved up from the 4th to the 3rd and from the 6th to the 5th? Yikes

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...
I'm wondering if, outside McConkdy being a target, Mitchell surprised them and they're buying time for more research.

I can live with the chances KC benefits from a 165lb wr with bad hands.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Kinda feels like the Bills wanted A Guy, but they couldn't get up and he got snatched and they didn't feel like anyone else was worth a first, so they've been trading down.
......without really gaining a whole lot.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
At least Miami is consistent. I just watched a whole season of their edge rushers get close to QBs they can’t tackle, Chop appears to fit right in.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Considering I would have probably been happy with them drafting AD Mitchell at 28, I can't really be upset with them drafting him (or an equivalent) at 33 and getting some pick upgrades. Yeah it sucks in the feelings that KC got Worthy from the trade, but they would have been able to get him anyways I think.

5th year option being gone is a thing, but not the end of the world. Who the gently caress knows what the team even looks like by then.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills must not feel like any of the receivers left were must haves, or just felt like there were so many clustered together in the same tier that they were fine getting whoever.

I mean my guy's still on the board. 🤷‍♂️

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CubanMissile posted:

At least Miami is consistent. I just watched a whole season of their edge rushers get close to QBs they can’t tackle, Chop appears to fit right in.

Was funny watching some clips and he's just blowing past tackles and vrooming around the back of QB's as he gets redirected by them as they recover

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Kalli posted:

Was funny watching some clips and he's just blowing past tackles and vrooming around the back of QB's as he gets redirected by them as they recover
Definitely the guy I want charging at Josh Allen, personally.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That falcons front office blocked bill Belichick lmao

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CubanMissile posted:

i do think chop is the most talented pure pass rusher in the draft, he's not a bad choice it's just wild to me to keep ignoring interior o-line when it's derailed your offense two years running

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Metapod posted:

That falcons front office blocked bill Belichick lmao

Penix will start his first NFL game at 31 lol

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i do think chop is the most talented pure pass rusher in the draft, he's not a bad choice it's just wild to me to keep ignoring interior o-line when it's derailed your offense two years running

bingo. it's not that grier can't identify talent at an average rate to NFL GMs overall. he just seems to establish miami's big board (and FA priorities) in a vacuum where objective positional value trumps anything else, particularly how much his team needs new/different players at that position. (e: realized i'm just describing BPA)

sometimes this has worked, but one of his couple wins with that strat got traded to PIT on his rookie contract. same team who drafted Fautanu which was also cool, but at this point i don't trust that MIA would have taken him if he was there. i know grier is a better GM than others in the league and it's only round 1, but this trajectory seems like "last year, but worse in the areas you'd expect reinforcement"

at least we didn't take worthy

stuker fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 26, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I loving hate that the Giants got Nabers.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I loving hate that the Giants got Nabers.

at least the Jets made a solid pick and managed to get some trade down scratch as well. i think they should've tried to get Odunze but more and more it sounds like Atlanta was fully locked in on Penix

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

afce has to be the stupidest loving division in the league

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

at least the Jets made a solid pick and managed to get some trade down scratch as well. i think they should've tried to get Odunze but more and more it sounds like Atlanta was fully locked in on Penix

It could've been WAYYYYYYYYYY worse but I hate that the giants fell rear end backwards into another generaltional LSU WR.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I also hate seeing Nabers go to the Giants but they just lost Saquon and still have Daniel Jones at QB. It's actually a pretty interesting side by side test case with the Pats taking a QB vs the Giants taking a WR, and both rosters starting from a position of being utter dogshit

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It could've been WAYYYYYYYYYY worse but I hate that the giants fell rear end backwards into another generaltional LSU WR.

i mean they still don't have an o-line or a QB so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I mostly feel bad for Nabers on that one

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

yeah i feel bad for nabers being on the giants far more than i am worried about his success with the team

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

stuker posted:

yeah i feel bad for nabers being on the giants far more than i am worried about his success with the team

I don't think they will win much with him but I'm still pissed that they got him. He was my favorite player in the draft.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I don't think they will win much with him but I'm still pissed that they got him. He was my favorite player in the draft.

I'm mad that Mike Williams is on the Jets and I can't root for him anymore. Don't like him for any specific reason he's just a cool and fun player. Who always gets hurt.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Docjowles posted:

I'm mad that Mike Williams is on the Jets and I can't root for him anymore. Don't like him for any specific reason he's just a cool and fun player. Who always gets hurt.

He'll be cool and fun for like somewhere around 9.5 games.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

gracious me, i cannot wait to find out which pass rusher grier decides is expendable once the waddle extension comes around: the project we used our 2021 first rounder to draft, or the vet we traded our 2023 first rounder(+) away for

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Like a child who wakes up Christmas morning to find Santa hasn't been, I am deflated.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah. I have slept on the pick and I hate it. Don't think he was the best player on the board and isn't a position of need. We have a single second rounder to fill two glaring holes at guard and wr.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Going to lol and lmao if the Bills trade back again

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Like a lot of our options here at 34 now as long as it's still offense, or maybe a trade back

- AD Mitchell (better scheme/body type need, but has those nagging character concerns...) / McConkey
- Suamataia

Or honestly trying to pick up an extra round 3 pick would be fine too, and then double dip in the next tier of like Amedgadjie, Patrick Paul, Blake Fisher, etc

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Listened to the Beane presser and I'm guessing the Bills stop mucking about and actually make that selection at 33.

He claimed they had a lot of offers at 28 but they didn't want to move too far down so they took the KC offer. He expected to make a pick at 32 but then Panthers offered a pick swap that sent them up the board 59 places and felt the value was too good to pass up.

He also claimed that any of the rumors about the Bills wanting to trade up were a smokescreen and he really values their 2 this year. Sounded like in general he was fixated and getting an additional Day 2 pick. Hard to get too much concrete info out of a mid-draft presser but he more or less confirmed that the Bills would not have taken Worthy in the 1st.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
gently caress Chris Grier and his inability to even slightly improve the O line.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/why-miami-dolphins-didnt-take-offensive-lineman-round-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That article is so drat stupid. Chris Grier is an idiot. I’m just over this constant ignoring of our OL. Every year we’re told hey guess what? No worries here 😎

Then Tua gets smacked repeatedly