Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pablo Bluth posted:

I think it's a good time to remember this masterpiece...

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1482527512345423877

That game was amazing to watch live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pablo Bluth posted:

We had one of those but then the rancid pathetic incompetent NFL officials robbed it from us.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Holy forking shirt balls

Hardee is gone.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Pablo Bluth posted:

I think this is my favorite Bills game of all time. Second place would probably go to either the '92 SF no punt game or the '91 Raiders 51-3 playoffs.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Hardee is gone.

Seems like a Bryce Hall replacement more than a Hardee one. But we’ll see.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1766883056441307455?s=20

This probably will for better or worse change the draft as well, you've got both your starting tackles.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sunday Morning posted:

the '91 Raiders 51-3 playoffs.

That full game is up on YouTube and it's crazy to watch. It's like seeing a modern offense go up against a defense from the 70s. They had a 260lbs linebacker trying to cover James Lofton.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets FO is getting the narrative out early.

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1766891892795420985?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Nodoze posted:

Zappe is such a clown, he thinks he's hot poo poo and played even worse than Jones did

Guy thinks he's Rudy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Jets FO is getting the narrative out early.
I forget who it was but I saw a separate post last week about Woody and Saleh being on board some big spending, but Joe pushing back. Now this.

It’s such a weird dynamic. There’s no benefit to not filling as many holes as you can prior to the draft.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sure I brought in this 40 year old qb and let him dictate the roster and coaching staff, but that doesn't mean I'm going all in on this little project. Better save a few bucks for next year in case this doesn't work out.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was wondering why the other thread wasn’t moving. I still doubt the Jets sign Minshew. But they are definitely going to have to cut Wilson, no one is going to trade for him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Guy thinks he's Rudy.

He thinks he’s Sean Aston Rudy but in reality he’s the real life Rudy.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Hamhandler posted:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1766883056441307455?s=20

This probably will for better or worse change the draft as well, you've got both your starting tackles.

I hope not. We’ll be lucky if Armstead plays 10 games and then he’s done.

Drafting his replacement and letting him fill in when Armstead is out and take over in 2025 sounds ideal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The thing about Joe Douglas' plan is that it's going great so it would really make no sense to anyone to deviate from it.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1766967450250133892?s=46&t=qfoJ94TmUQZIW48zWgrrKw

its not hunt but ill take it for now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1766891892795420985

quote:

Douglas learned almost everything he knows working with the Ravens and Ozzie Newsome. He’s grown and evolved over the years, sure, but that’s the person he models himself after. So look at how the Ravens do business. It’s not about winning the offseason. It’s about drafting players, developing them, keeping them, then supplementing the roster in free agency.

Keeping them just like they are keeping Bryce Huff, right Connor?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean, he made a huge trade for Rodgers. That sure seems to be swinging for the fences

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Douglas has nothing to lose, might as well go big. If they don’t make the playoffs this year he’s fired, and then it’s someone else’s mess.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It could be worse Jets fans, you could have signed Russel Wilson

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Rodgers hasn't demonstrated that he isn't cooked in a live fire situation yet, so I'm honestly not sure if signing Wilson would be worse for the Jets than Rodgers.

Signing him to that megadeal that the Broncos gave him, plus the picks? Absolutely a mistake. Holding off on Rodgers last year, then swooping in on Wilson for vet min this season while the Broncos keep paying him? Probably puts the Jets in a better situation overall heading into this season.

Benefits of hindsight I guess

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I’m all aboard the MHJr pick @ 3 now.

I feel like it’s a huge risk these days taking any QB top 5 and having it end up being a huge miss. I’m sure Daniels is an exciting pick @ 3 but with no superb talent around him he could just end up being Bryce Young or injured. I just don’t see how you can miss taking MHJ, even a middle of the road average QB can throw him the ball. He’s another Jefferson or Chase that just gets it.

I see that we resigned Bourne for 3 years and Jr. would be a great pairing. Give me Kirk for 2 years and sure up the D and let’s gooooooooooooooo

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think it's pretty clear the Pats are drafting QB at #3.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Enough people have said with 1000% certainty that MHJr is a slam dunk sure thing that it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up not being one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trading your QB and not being in the QB market is the perfect time to draft a WR it’s true

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cool
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767199360037589491?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Too bad he didn't miss that kick in the commies game.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1767192703681397079
There's a lot of chatter about it being another straight up pay cut (guaranteed to incentive).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Rodgers hasn't demonstrated that he isn't cooked in a live fire situation yet, so I'm honestly not sure if signing Wilson would be worse for the Jets than Rodgers.

Signing him to that megadeal that the Broncos gave him, plus the picks? Absolutely a mistake. Holding off on Rodgers last year, then swooping in on Wilson for vet min this season while the Broncos keep paying him? Probably puts the Jets in a better situation overall heading into this season.

Benefits of hindsight I guess

Wasn’t at least part of the reason they did zero at backup QB to avoid denting Rogers’ ego? Imagine dropping Russ into that locker room lmao

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Docjowles posted:

Wasn’t at least part of the reason they did zero at backup QB to avoid denting Rogers’ ego? Imagine dropping Russ into that locker room lmao

Oh yeah the Jets absolutely couldn't have brought in Wilson with Rodgers on the team, would be a matter/antimatter level of locker room destruction. Just spitballing on how this year might have gone if the Jets didn't sign Rodgers and went with Wilson this year instead.

(Wilson + Wilson) 2 Wilson

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You're probably in better shape if you have Russ at 1MM this year than A A Ron for 17MM this year and dead cap money for the next 70 years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1767192703681397079
There's a lot of chatter about it being another straight up pay cut (guaranteed to incentive).

I mean good, but why would Knox's camp accept?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think it's pretty clear the Pats are drafting QB at #3.

If Daniels goes to Washington at 2 I don't see them taking Maye at 3 the way he's losing stock rapidly with each day.

I also don't see them reaching for any other QB @ 3 so if they don't end up trading for Fields or signing a FA in the next 48 hours then they should take MHJ.

Taking Maye @ 3 and running things back with Parker and Bourne as their top two receivers would be malpractice for a team that won just four games last year while ranking 31st in points per game last year

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 11, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

fsif posted:

I mean good, but why would Knox's camp accept?
Probably some self-aware that he's overpaid, and a frank discussion on his long term prospects by Beane. More so than a lot of players, Dawson strikes me as someone who wants to get to play in the place he loves over chasing every last dollar. It's likely it's not some decimation of his salary but enough to get him to the correct $:performance ratio and makes it more likely he'll get to stick around at least until they have to pay Kincaid.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 11, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets should be involved.
https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1767212222499979522?s=20

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

On an exciting day I'm stoked and blessed to say I just got told I'm in complete remission.

My silly football team and I will rebuild together.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Obligatory

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If Daniels goes to Washington at 2 I don't see them taking Maye at 3 the way he's losing stock rapidly with each day.

I also don't see them reaching for any other QB @ 3 so if they don't end up trading for Fields or signing a FA in the next 48 hours then they should take MHJ.

Taking Maye @ 3 and running things back with Parker and Bourne as their top two receivers would be malpractice for a team that won just four games last year while ranking 31st in points per game last year

Who is Maye “losing stock” with? It only matters how the front office evaluates him, not various pundits whose livelihood depends on the top ten shuffling constantly so they can put out another mock draft.

The team is probably going to be rear end for at least another year no matter what. If they have a high grade on a QB I think they should take the QB. Take some shots at pass catchers on day 2-3 and hope at least one works. It’s rare to be in a spot to draft a top QB prospect and I would like them to take the shot while they can.

I wouldn’t hate them taking Marvin or Nabers but it’s not my preference. I mostly don’t want them to trade back and come away with NONE of the blue chip guys.

E: congrats Tim that is amazing :unsmith:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 11, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/DDawkins66/status/1767221961204052338

lol. jets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767207725576912983?t=5TgpGxZzur8DLbnURkJP4g&s=19

Hunt gonna get PAID.