Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

aren't these the dudes that survive entirely on access?

regardless it's not remotely unbelievable that Saleh and Woody have a strained relationship since it's pretty clear Saleh isn't in control of poo poo while having to eat all the losses. maybe he would be terrible anyway but ive never gotten the feeling the dude's allowed much of any input outside of defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

of all the teams in the top 3 the Pats are the only one where it'd make sense to trade out for a boatload of picks. that roster is just loving brutal right now and I dont think any of the available QBs is going to make it look any better

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

And that's why you take MHJ like I've been saying.

I'm also fine Vikings trade for the haul of picks.

yea i'd do the vikings trade. get a functional team built first. while the true top tier guys can elevate a dead roster if its a qb that requires actual development or even a dude who's good but not top 3 they'll get destroyed on that roster. it's time to just restock in general, lord knows the pats will still have a high pick next year too

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

what an out of touch idiot

people have been appreciating trumps sense of humor for decades but especially since 2016 for his posting chops

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

I dunno, I think I'd be much more worried about Tyron Smith going down then Mike Williams. Also you can find workable WR's later in the draft where that's much harder then with tackles.

They can definitely find a decent slot guy in the 3rd round or trade a future pick to jump back up into the 2nd to snag a legit starter. Alternatively every other TE will be available in the 3rd round.

It's bananas to me that they'd consider anything but o-line at their pick when the need and value will be incredibly strong where they're at. Not to mention the single most important part of their offense is keeping Rodgers upright. Rodgers with no receivers but healthy will still be the best offense they've had in decades

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

dolphins could very easily get one of the best interior o-lineman which would be both a huge position of need and good value. i take it ya'll assume Grier isn't going to do anything that good?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

congrats Jets fans! your long nightmare is over at last!

god im so happy i won't be subjected to yet another set of prime time NYJ games with that idiot at QB

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The reality is TLaw - the guy every draft pundit said was a can't miss generational prospect - has been incredibly mediocre. You could make a case his development was seriously set back by what happened his rookie year and it's taken two years just to get to replacement level. I dunno. But I do know the Jags have wasted years of his rookie contract and still don't know if he's a franchise QB by dropping him into a disaster of a situation.

This is the main reason I think the Pats should trade down. If they had the #1 overall pick and could choose their ideal QB that'd be a little different but right now that's not the case. Even if they draft someone who's not ruined by the current situation it'll take years to figure out if he's the guy or not bc the supporting cast will be garbage. I'd say Wash should do the same but Wash has a fuckload of picks in the 1st 3 rounds and already solid receiving corps.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Docjowles posted:

People keep trying to say Washington is set up way better. McLaurin is vastly more talented than any Patriot no argument. But they lost Samuel who was quietly their second best receiver and it’s not clear at all yet if Dotson is actually good or not. Logan Thomas will be 33 this season and almost didn’t make the roster last year. Despite these dubious advantages they ended up with the same record as New England and a better draft slot.

Maybe because they didn’t have a QB :thunk: I will concede that Washington has a couple more early round picks this year and that matters.

I don’t really have a problem with your post I just needed a launch pad for my rant and you mentioned Commanders receivers which is my pet peeve lately :v:

lol i know, we've been through this and yes Mclaurin alone (ie having a true #1 receiver) is already a massive difference. Everyone else you listed is as good or better than what the Pats have on the roster so yes, they're an all around better receiving corps. and a combo of Brian Robinson and Ekeler are a better RB tandem than the Pats have as well. I'm not saying any of the skill groups are setting the league on fire, but they're solidly average meanwhile the Pats have a collection of dudes who are at best #3s in a real receiving room.

And yes they have the same record bc Washington's o-line was horrific (they did sign a very good young center in FA so combined with their one great olineman at RG the interior is pretty solid now), their defense is pretty mediocre, their coach was clearly getting fired, they just got a new owner, and they didn't get a few intra divisional gimmes like the Pats. And in case you're curious who's worse, they still beat the Pats H2H last year.

idk how to convince you that the Washington roster is better positioned for a rookie qb than the Pats but everyone in the league saying the Pats offensive roster is an absolute wasteland isn't doing it for the hell of it.

I still don't think it's a terrible idea for Wash to trade down, but they're getting to pick from every other QB (besides Caleb) before then having two picks in the top 10 of the 2nd round followed by another 2 picks in the 3rd round all while their greatest area of need (o-line) is a super deep pool in the draft. It's a very good setup for them to have a solid offense very quickly if they get moderately lucky.

Put another way, if the Pats had the #2 pick, McLaurin, just signed a very good young center, and had 2 high 2nd round picks I'd say them going QB is a solid idea but unfortunately that's not how things stand.

As a Pats hater tho I hope they go QB and then get that Georgia WR who's always injured so I can laugh and laugh as they continue to be garbage on offense

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 23, 2024

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Also Jacoby Brissett is pretty much the same caliber as our WR's right now.

If you're going on a purely raw need argument, the answer becomes LT. They don't have a functional one currently.

trade down and then back up to take Alt while still walking away with an extra first and probably some 2nd or 3rd round change

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

stuker posted:

with who? NYG is the only team that might want a QB in Alt's expected range, and as awful as danny dimes is they hardly have their back against the wall

trade down with whoever wants a QB (Minn, Denver, NYG) then trade back up to 5 or maybe 6 just to leapfrog the Titans to take Alt

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Metapod posted:

Just trade back up it's so easy lol

obviously everything depends on how things shake out but AZ did exactly what I described last year so it's not exactly unheard of

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not fast though. Probably didn't even run the 40 in shorts.

didnt bowers skip a lot of combine tests or am i misremembering

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Giants trading up with the Pats is sort of best case scenario for the Pats. Trade down a little, still get a QB you like (assuming they like JJ) and additional picks

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

CubanMissile posted:

At least Miami is consistent. I just watched a whole season of their edge rushers get close to QBs they can’t tackle, Chop appears to fit right in.

i do think chop is the most talented pure pass rusher in the draft, he's not a bad choice it's just wild to me to keep ignoring interior o-line when it's derailed your offense two years running

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I loving hate that the Giants got Nabers.

at least the Jets made a solid pick and managed to get some trade down scratch as well. i think they should've tried to get Odunze but more and more it sounds like Atlanta was fully locked in on Penix

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

It could've been WAYYYYYYYYYY worse but I hate that the giants fell rear end backwards into another generaltional LSU WR.

i mean they still don't have an o-line or a QB so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I mostly feel bad for Nabers on that one

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

that’s a good jets pick

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Patriots are truly a dumb org. Should have taken a tackle instead of reaching for a WR you loving idiots.

Feel the same about Wash, they didn’t reach on that DT but they had 3 picks in the 2nd round and didn’t use a single one on o-line. Two teams taking top QBs and then doing very little to address massive holes on the o-line

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I guess the league thinks JFM sucks. I thought he would bring back like a 3 lol

or they value him but know the jets have zero leverage in a trade deal

also I reallly like the Miami draft. If Patrick Paul goes to the outside maybe one of the other dudes can shift into the interior, they got the fastest edge rusher, one of the most productive edge rushers, one of the best rbs, and a super intriguing WR. Jets had a solid draft too, they didn't do any stupid poo poo this time which is...miraculous. Fashanu, Corley, and Allen is a solid group to get from those first 3 picks

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

They’re not shifting Armstead or Jackson inside.

They’re gonna give him the chance to backup Armstead. He’ll have tons of opportunity

gotcha, I mean Armstead is always injured so good pick regardless but yea still need literally anyone else in the interior. Other than that, really like their draft

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

He’s awesome and I think he’s a good combo with Josh but it’s an entirely different skill set to Diggs. His route running is garbage but he’s a monster in the red zone and with jump balls

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

fsif posted:

This is probably the most shared tweet in Bills circles rn:

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1764054057264529412

I can largely buy that he just had a lovely 40 and plays faster, but I can't get over that he can't separate against college DBs and that his contested catch % isn't even particularly good.

But he seems pretty funny so hopefully he's actually good.

as a FSU fan i will say the separation thing is overblown, jordan travis doesn't exactly throw with timing or with good accuracy so there's a lot of having to run back for a ball or stopping entirely to wait for it to arrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Well, scratch the Jets' cast off as a possible answer at LT, lmao

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1785041054372073519

Wash should bring him in