Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The plan is to move McGovern to center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Pablo Bluth posted:

I think it's a good time to remember this masterpiece...

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1482527512345423877

I think this is my favorite Bills game of all time. Second place would probably go to either the '92 SF no punt game or the '91 Raiders 51-3 playoffs.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Enjoy the weather Jordan <3

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Any day now

lol

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

t a s t e posted:

I have to assume Diggs was injured to end the year. Wouldn’t love seeing him go but assuming they replace him through draft or trade, so it goes

There was an article on Banged Up Bills that did some sleuthing into what was going on with Stef last year because it did seem like they were hiding an injury.

TLDR is that Stefon took a punch to the ribs in week 5 vs Jacksonville, ran into a camera man in week 9 at Cincinnati which had him holding his back in pain and led to the only time he was listed as injured and then lastly taking a late, hard hit week 12 at Philly which had him on the ground for a minute or so in pain. The week 5 punch probably wasn't major, but after the week 9 and 12 incidents there was a notable decline in his snaps and he was probably playing through an undisclosed back or abdomen injury.

I think the rules on reporting injuries needs to be tightened. If you don't miss practice they don't need to report and the Bills admittedly used this to keep Elam off the report and it really looks like they did the same with Diggs. Also Diggs isn't getting younger and dealing with nagging injuries is probably going to be more the norm for him. Getting depth behind him and letting the man sit when he's hurt would help.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

TheBizzness posted:

I own two Dolphins jerseys. One player is no longer on the team and impregnated 4 women at the same time in the last calendar year.

The other had impregnated 3 women at the same time in the last calendar year and can’t go a month without some sort of domestic incident.

I’m never buying another jersey.

Tua would never do anything like this. He's a good boy who deserves your support.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I'd ask what they're going to do without a wr1 but their late season push came while Stephon was playing like poo poo so :shrug:

Division is going to be real tight this year

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Yeah building an offense around an aging WR who apparently melts when playing hurt isn't the play. Focus on building around Kincaid and Cook while giving younger guys time at WR. This offseason has been moving on from the old roster. Probably be painful this year but eventually for the best.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
At least that 2nd is from the Vikings who last report were claiming Darnold was their 2024 starter.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

stuker posted:

yeah i see everyone posting this like it's a gravestone: https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775541328757108767?s=20

and clearly no one has actually looked at the contracts those guys wound up signing (future OPOY gabe davis aside)

Morse is the only one of these I really wish we could have held on to. The rest were either guys I really liked but were washed or JAGs.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Kaiir Elam tore a ligament in his foot during training camp and it was never talked about until he finally went on IR in November. Don't know how ready he was by the KC playoff game. This is also why I believed Diggs was also hiding an injury. Not sure how this was legal.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I also wasn't really meaning legal as in breaking the law so much as I thought the NFL was stricter than that regarding reporting injuries.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
A lot of Bills fans were Twittering unnecessarily hateful poo poo at him when he got traded (and before to be honest) and someone called them out on it, which he clicked like on.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
This better be a good trade lol

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Brandon Blueballs Beane

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The Bills were never getting a player looking as good as Diggs at the end of the 1st. That's the top 3 WRs of the draft. Best you can hope for at 28-33 is a player who looks solid to good and hope he develops in to something special. That player could still be on the board right now but it's a crap shoot as to if your team lucks out.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

pasaluki posted:

Bills' draft rationale for not taking more receivers is odd. They can't get free agent wrs because they cost too much, so why not try to take some swings at the position in the draft?

Keon Coleman seems pretty cool. People are freaking out because he seems slow but watching his highlights and thinking about what he could do with Josh Allen throwing him the ball is fun.

Keon's only slow in the 40 so his career as a track star is not happening, but his times running routes were all in the top 3-4, including tied for 2nd in go routes, so I'm not really too concerned he'll be too slow.

edit - Also I really don't have any complaints about the other picks, so taking a 2nd receiver doesn't bother me. Seemed a pretty solid draft.

Sunday Morning fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
LOL Who's money were the Bills going to spend to get Odell? They don't have anywhere near 8 million or whatever he's getting. Sounds kinda fishy to me.