Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1765729948852006954
$2.5m for the Titty Kisser (I'm guessing he won't play enough for the incentives)
If he does, Josh is dead and we win, like, 7 games tops.

Anyway, I’m still shocked they cut Morse in tandem with trading Ryan Bates away for a 5th, but I’m glad they’re being proactive about creating cap space and not being sentimental idiots. It just sucks this is happening because we gave Von Miller a gazillion dollars for him to get hurt and suck poo poo after, what? 6-8 games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

VM's salary made it worse but I think a lot of it was still coming; a lot of aging players from the early years of the current regime who's salary was creeping up while their performances were starting to decline.
Oh, absolutely, it's just that blew up in their faces and left them less wiggle room to maybe keep someone like Morse (who is still playing at a high level) another year, for example (I'm definitely concerned about the center situation now). It's def time for Tre White, Micah Hyde, and Jordan Poyer to go regardless: they're all at or past their expiration dates, and big money safeties aren't a luxury we can really afford now that we're paying Josh something like what he's worth anyhow. Deonte Harte and Nyheim Hines underperformed, Neal was a bit of a luxury.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Morse was a big one, though, and they also got rid of Ryan Bates for some reason??
I mean, how could Brandon Beane pass up on that sexy 5th-round pick. It could be anything, even a center, and we really need one of those!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Woof, that’s brutal.
I suppose now McCorkle has a shot to audition for being a career backup though!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Awesome, dude has been playing great! Glad we’re not going to be a disaster in that specific way just to fit in with the rest of the division.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Brisket is a great get for the Pats. Perfect dude to start for a few games before handing the keys off to Jayden Daniels or whoever.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

Oh yeah, it's a solid move. I can't hate how Beanes been handling the offseason so far.

He probably moves like the speed of light compared to AJ Klein.
Seriously, watching AJ Klein "play" "linebacker" last season was painful.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Isn't it a little early for "he's in the best shape of his life!!!!" tweets?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
He's a really good special teams guy.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TheBizzness posted:

My favorite part is we all know how this ends
Including the Jets fans! But I remember how it was: you got excited for your stupid cursed team anyway, because as a fan you want to be happy.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, I agree. The Browns, Lions, and Bills stretches were probably all worse than the Jets' current stretch purely from a football standpoint, but the Jets are very dumb in a very loud way that feels uniquely Jets and makes everything that much worse.

The Butt Fumble, the Cruz 99 yard TD, TEBOW, Geno Smith getting his jaw broken, Christian Hackenberg, hiring Adam Gase, the press conference, Darnold's mono, seeing ghosts, beating the Rams to blow the tank in 2020, Zach Wilson #2 overall, the 2022 meltdown, Aaron Rodgers' achilles, Zach Wilson meltdown #2.
Yeah, the Bills were grindingly mediocre(and mostly dull as dishwater) for almost 20 years, the Browns were/are depressing (but now nobody likes them, for obvious reasons), as were the Lions (everybody loves the knee-cap chewing LOINS).

But the Jets? The Jets are sad in a funny way. Like, they're slapstick (slapdick?) comedy. At least...to outsiders.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

I love the New York Jets.

Like I actually hate them and want them to lose all the time, but if the Bills ever move and I had to become a fan of a new team, I think I'd just become a Jets fan.
Dude, seriously?

I would still root for cool teams, like teams quarterbacked by Josh Allen and the Lions.
I would never root for the Jets, though I would never have the good sense to bandwagon a proven winner.

I would still post in this thread though, I'm a part of it now. And it's a part of me.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
We're so hosed next year if we don't land at least one really good receiver in the draft. Eating that cap hit tells me they're pretty much punting on this season.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

To take the bait a bit, the Bills literally beat the Chiefs last year in Kansas City. They pretty regularly (in the regular season) beat the team that constantly wins Super Bowls.

The last two matchups against them in the postseason were coin toss games (in one case literally) and singular plays going differently would have netted different results. (e.g., How the gently caress does MVS learn to catch for just that one game specifically?)

The Chiefs are better than the Bills and probably always will be, but like, the Bills have been good enough that with just a smidgen of variance they could conceivably beat them when it matters. It's conceivable!
I don't know, but it kind of feels like Bills players not named Josh Allen disappear in the clutch, while the Chiefs are guaranteed to have someone step up, even if it's a total JAG loser like MVS.
It's maddening!

The good news is that we'll actually have cap room next year, even before we cut Von Miller. Hopefully we don't blow most of it on an aging pash rusher again!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Oh good, maybe we’ll actually sweep the Jets this year. Somehow being in Met Life with Zach Wilson makes Josh extra dumb.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

That's a pretty zany framing of my post.

The Patriots have a golden and rare opportunity to draft a decent rookie QB prospect now. What exactly is the plan at QB if they just spend a year or two creating a good team sans QB? Is it a fool's errand to have some kind of medium term plan for acquiring a QB?
Yeah, we’ve already seen what that looks like: your best case scenario is somewhere between the post-Ben Steelers and the post-Brady Patriots.Please do this, it’s the only way the Bills win playoff games

That’s…not something to aspire to! Plus, you know, Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo presumably would like to remain employed and a franchise QB is an organization’s golden ticket to job security.
Building a “good foundation” that lacks a QB and goes 8-9 is a solid thing to do for the next staff though!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

stuker posted:

all it’s describing is the order any player in that position comes off the board

no one is saying maye or daniels is the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the class— it’s just shorthand saying that the pats selection will be between the 3rd QB drafted or whatever
I mean, Josh Allen was the third QB off the board. Patrick Mahomes was the second. Lamar Jackson was 5th. NFL teams are dumb, routinely pick players who suck poo poo (lotta recent history of this in our division!) and you shouldn’t be certain that *checks notes* the Chicago Bears and Washington ”Football” Commanders are going to pick the best/only QBs.

…if you’re going to point out there’s no reason to believe the Patriots will get it right, well…:shrug:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Nosre posted:

MHJ is the worst of the 3 options to me, exactly because there's so much stud WR talent coming out seemingly every year.

If not QB, give me the 1-3 extra FRPs from the Giants or Vikings
Absolutely: if they don't think Maye or McCarthy (:lol:) is a franchise guy, you trade out with someone who thinks differently and squeeze them for every drop, in part because you're probably going to need that capital to get your guy in the future.

It's not even a regime-ending move if you're wrong so long as you land a franchise QB soon after!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Mooseontheloose posted:

This is where I am at. Draft Maye if you think he's going to be average to good but if some teams gives you a first next year, a first the year after, and like a 2nd and a 4th, take the haul and rebuild the team that way.

edit: of course it all falls apart if Maye or Daniels is the next Mahomes or Allen or something. You are going to have to take the risk at some point.
I mean, the Bills literally made the trade that netted the Chiefs Patrick Mahomes.
Lucky for them, they happened to use the accrued draft capital the following year to acquire "sure-fire bust" Josh Allen.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills RB room and offensive line (even minus Morse) are way better than that.

Receiver is probably a little low, since we have Khalil Shakir, who is notably capable of doing good things.
Edge is a good starter, The Incredibly Washed Robber, and a gaggle of JAGs, so pretty good.

Also Josh Allen is the 2nd best QB in the league, so that part is right.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

I'll basically be happy if the Bills come away with a WR (even Ladd) and will be upset if they don't.

Big hope for a BTJ trade up and would mark out for a Watkins esque trade up for a top 3 guy. Mitchell is my favorite at 28.
Yeah, I want a receiver tonight and ideally tomorrow or early Saturday as well.
We definitely need help elsewhere: OL, DL, S, even CB, but none of those is anywhere near as acute a need and this WR class is ridiculously stacked.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
drat, Jets drafted beef.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
If we’re moving up, it’s probably gonna be the Rams or Eagles.
Probably the Jags won’t play ball with another AFC contender unless it’s for a premium.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Sensible pick for the Dolphs.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Sorry bros, sises, and non-binary sibs, the dream is dead.:sigh:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
We traded…with the Chiefs!?

Can’t wait for their pick to be way better than ours.:smith:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

Can’t wait until he catches the winning touchdown in their next playoff matchup
I can see him burning Dane Jackson to ash already!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

You missed that we’re free of that bum :pray:
Look, it doesn’t matter what the bum’s name *is*, they’re gonna choke in a playoff against the Chiefs. It was written when the Lord created the Heavens and Earth.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills making us wait until tomorrow to be disappointed.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Kinda feels like the Bills wanted A Guy, but they couldn't get up and he got snatched and they didn't feel like anyone else was worth a first, so they've been trading down.
......without really gaining a whole lot.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Kalli posted:

Was funny watching some clips and he's just blowing past tackles and vrooming around the back of QB's as he gets redirected by them as they recover
Definitely the guy I want charging at Josh Allen, personally.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Fine with a DT. DaQuan Jones is great, but he’s old and injury-prone. Carter seems like he could be a force at DT if things go right.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
There'll be receivers tomorrow, and we should def get at least one more. Would like to see a DB and an interior lineman as well.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

Hopefully we'll now see more of this....
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1713227295186407549
..instead of...
https://twitter.com/nflrums/status/1749310798223089812/
Hopeful Cole Bishop will be a good safety. DeWayne Carter is probably another year of a DL addition who isn't the gamewrecker the team really needs and just can't find.
I mean…I wish I could be a homer and argue otherwise, but the Bills have an eerie ability to draft/sign defensive linemen who cap out at “pretty good” but are mostly JAGs.
Especially when it counts!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

A future third for… our fourth string running back?
The logic is flawless, just like Tua’s beautiful brain.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pablo Bluth posted:

Although they had a bunch of draft picks, they were mostly day 3. I think missing out on that third round comp pick left Beane without draft capital to be aggressive, and it seems none of the other GMs were inclined to play ball with what he did have. He reportedly tried to trade up in the third and got no bites; perhaps there was another WR he was targetting.

Next year they should have an additional second round pick and two extra in the 4th (if the NFL don't gently caress the comp picks again), so I would expect an aggressive Beane. If the Vikings suck, they could have picks 32 and 33....
Yeah, I'm pretty okay with what they did, and lots of teams were fishing for WRs and that position thinned out a lot in the 2nd. As long as Keon Coleman turns into at least a solid contributor and they get some hits elsewhere, they did pretty well.

This was always going to be a bit of a transitional year, and they all but committed themselves to that when they dumped Diggs. We'll have lots of cap to work with next year, even before jettisoning Von Miller.

And def hope they shuffle McD off: 5-6 in the playoffs and no road wins is...not encouraging. To say nothing of losing to both the Chiefs and Bengals at home.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Amy Pole Her posted:

Im pretty confident in Wynn coming back, but Im concerned with RG. Very little faith in Eich, but happy he had a bit of a late season resurgence into "not total dogshit" territory.

If we can bring in someone that kicks him down to backup depth for C and G, Im happy.
I'm not really impressed with a team that looks at Liam Eichenberg being a potential starter and...just goes with it. Serious :tif: energy.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
:lmao: Chase Claypool. Pretty sure some UDFA from a DII school would be more likely to have a positive impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

t a s t e posted:

Actually I’ve always liked him
Yes, definitely he just needs the Bills to unlock him.

We've developed so many wide receivers, of course. So many, that are just off-screen, not dropping touchdowns.