Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This agent speak. They traded what, a 6th for him? And he was ok. Feels like thats an overpay for a guy the Vikings gave up for a ham sandwich and a stale bag of chips.

edit: Yes I understand he would be an upgrade for the Jets and they could have afforded a 5th for him (to outbid the Jags) but its not some world beating move.

\/\/\/\/ hell yeah brother

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tim Whatley posted:

On an exciting day I'm stoked and blessed to say I just got told I'm in complete remission.

My silly football team and I will rebuild together.
Congrats!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Congrats man, my mom's struggling through chemo right now, and it seems not great! glad for you!
gently caress cancer, I hope your mom beats its rear end.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Maye is good, him supposedly dropping to the talking heads is the same bullshit as Levis getting taken 2nd last year or whatever the dumb storylines were.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

The Jags stay bad for a reason.
gently caress Trent Baalke and gently caress Shad Khan for hiring him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

I presume this was posted, but still, perfectly encapsulates the Parker experience:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1765774912307011681
That is some amazing consistency.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hamhandler posted:

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1767342576326119523?s=46&t=4v69OlVJpK1h7pgGOGqqoA

I kind of hate this, he’s too small to be an NFL starter. Like he’d be fun if he was a Patrick Ricard style experiment or whatever but he’s going to get bullied in pass pro and that’s the one thing we can’t have

A Dolphins friend of mine thinks he'll be great in McDaniel's system. Pass blocking is, as mentioned by others, a concern, but I dont think he'll be getting highlight gifs of him planting his feet then getting pushed back into Tua on skates by some no-name DT.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mack Hollins had some great games as a Raider a few years ago. I wish him nothing but success.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mac Jones trade is officially done btw. So happy.
:sigh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm not convinced we get one of MHJ, Nabers, Odunze just sitting at 10. At which point you're forced to reluctantly draft OT2/3 and sit him behind Tyron Smith and Moses.

Not the worst outcome, but still not ideal.
If you're relying on Tyron Smith and Moses you'll want a good swing tackle so drafting a guy and letting him sit for a little to get up to speed before he subs in for one them when they get hurt. A long term answer for one of the T positions would probably be smart?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I want to be clear that Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, Lazard and MVS is a terrible WR room.
This is Jason Brownlee erasure!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pablo Bluth posted:

Diggs is untradeable this season. Anyone who suggests he's leaving hasn't bothered to look at overthecap...
According to OverTheCap if he is cut/traded post-June 1 the Bills save like 19m in cap space and suffer an almost 9m dead cap hit.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nosre posted:

"He might not push through an injury for a bad team" doesn't exactly bode well for him on the Pats or Jets either though :v:
Who says he made that decision? Staley is an idiot but I think most teams are smart enough to let their best receive not rush back from an injury when their season is lost and QB is on IR.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

I'd love to join in on hating WR rooms, but my god, the Chargers are right there.
and New England!

I think if the Jets signed Mike Williams, then both GW and MW get hurt... Xavier Gipson, Allen Lazard, and Jason Brownlee would still be better than the Chargers starting 3.

edit: Oh, I forgot that Joshua Palmer is ok. He is better than those 3 Jets backups.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Just saw a mock draft with the Jets trading up to 5 to take MHJ. How would you like that mcmagic??

Kalli posted:

Hey! Hey! we've got Kendrick Bourne, we've got Demario Douglas, we've got KJ Osborn. That's 3 guys right there who'll probably hit 500 receiving yards!
Kendrick (Bourne, not Osborn) might do that in like 10-12 games if his ACL recovers fast enough!*

* and if the QB isnt eating poo poo

edit:

The K in KJ stands for Kendrick.

Kendrick Bourne and Kendrick Osborn.

Pats are cornering the market. :smug:
lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My wife insisted on a kitchen torch on our wedding registry. We've never used it. Its been 7.5 years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anderson Koopa posted:

Can you use it like a lighter? It might still have value if you can make bonfires with it
I'm going with yes based on what Impossibly Perfect Sphere said. I'm sure the kids will love it!

I'm not this talented but I respect it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

He will literally have like 350 yards on the Dolphis next year. If that.
and he'll get pissy when he doesnt get the ball enough/Tyreek steals all the attention.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anderson Koopa posted:

Speaking of things the kids will love...

Just fill it with something flammable and enjoy the fun.
lmao I wish you were my dad

mcmagic posted:

He's way worse than Waddle too.
Yeah he aint got nothing on Waddle

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’d be coming in as a Cedric Wilson replacement so a 1 year 6 million 3rd receiver

It’s not like they’re bringing him in for a huge contract
Waiting in the wings for Tyreek to get hurt or suspended

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pablo Bluth posted:

If there's one thing McDermott loves, it's a good clapp
He's no Jason Garrett.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This doesnt seem like enough (for his side) when you consider that the Metlife turf is going to end his season by week 3.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

Pats matched the ridiculous Titans offer for Ridley. Got denied.
https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan/status/1772603424351145998?s=20
His girlfriend wanted to win those bets about where he would sign*

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Deleted

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ah that sucks for him, I hope he didnt hurt anyone and he gets some help.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

How’d you even notice?! That took me a while to see
You couldnt see that perfect forehead and crisp hairline over Bernie's left shoulder??

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pasaluki posted:

Looks like Vontae Davis quit halfway through again
I am a terrible person for laughing at this

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Declan MacManus posted:

who's christian benford
Yeah I never heard of him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

This is why you trade up to draft a WR because they will need a rookie contract WR when Garrett is making 30 next year.
Garrett wont have a cap hit of 30m/year until like 2027 at the very earliest. 2024 is rookie contract year 3, 2025 is year 4, 2026 is 1st round pick option at a controlled price, then an extension will probably have a low cap hit year 1 like how most team structure new deals for a low cap hit year 1.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think they’re going to pay Waddle after ditching Reek. 2025 problems.

I just get this feeling they’ve got one year left of Tyreek and he’s gone. The antics are wearing super thin
and the phins save ~11.5m against the cap next year if they cut or trade him before June 1 so if they want to pay Tua and Waddle... yeah, he gone

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

Trading up for Brian Thomas, Jr. is probably my preferred move.

But just saying, IF Nabers happens to fall into that 9 spot and IF the Bills can get away with only giving up an additional first and, like, a third…
It would probably be similar to the Falcons trade up for Julio - 1st and 2nd this year, 1st and 3rd next.

edit: and with how trades get weird these days, Bills would get a 7th back this year and a 5th back next year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The new ones are all pretty good and I feel like I'm the only one who has actually seen them.
There are new planet of the apes movies?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Professor Funk posted:

Anyways, I never want to hear Zach Wilson's name ever again.
You'll hear it again when he is hoisting the Lombardy as super bowl MVP for the Broncos.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

syzpid posted:

Sean Payton is a moron. I can’t believe anyone traded for him.
Payton is taking his poo poo talking of Nathaniel Hackett to the next level, by trading for Zach Wilson so he can coach him up to being a decent NFL QB, which Hackett failed to do.

List of pre Stroud QBs that Nico played with:

Kyle Allen, Jeff Driskel, Case Keenum, Davis Mills and a handful of Tyrod Taylor.
Yeah and his advanced metrics were fantastic when running routes with those clowns (and Tyrod) throwing him the ball. I called that he would have a breakout year last year with a real QB throwing to him and got laughed at by my friends but, uh, whoops.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mooseontheloose posted:

Jeffords, 11+23, 2025 First Rounder, and 2026 First Rounder?

That is the floor if I am the Pats anyways.
Jeffords? You mean Justin Jefferson? He's worth two firsts on his own. I dont think Minny trades five SIX firsts for a QB who would then not have one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL to throw to.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 24, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Professor Funk posted:

I get the positional value arguments but calling him a "disaster" is insane.

Anyways, I agree totally that the best move is to trade up for one of the big 3 WRs if they can. Garrett is going to be getting paid $30m a year soon, and they need a cost controlled option behind him.
Is three years from now "soon" now?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Professor Funk posted:

Do you think they're not planning for extending him and Sauce already or are you just being obtuse for no reason
Rookie contracts cannot be renegotiated. Garrett Wilson's rookie contract runs through 2025, with a team option for 2026. Those cap numbers are locked in for each of those years (cannot go up). Therefore he will not be earning 30m/year for the next three seasons (2024, 2025, 2026).

If he signs an extension, the extension starts after the current contract. Most extensions, like if we look at AJ Brown's, do not have immediate high cap hits. In 2019 As a rookie, AJB signed a 4 year rookie contract as a second rounder (no fifth year option); he signed a 100m contract extension in 2022 upon being traded to Philly. He played 2022 on the fourth year of his rookie contract, with the extension tacked on the end. In his first extension year, 2023, his cap number was 8m (eight million). This year, year 2 of the extension, his cap number is 12m (twelve million). He is making 25 million a year because of signing bonus, but his cap number will not actually be 25m or higher until the 2025 season.

Joe Douglas is incompetent and will probably (hopefully) get fired after this year, but I dont think he is so stupid as to somehow sign GW to an extension that has his cap hit above 30m before like 2028.

I could have said "five years" instead of three and still been right (assuming someone halfway competent on the Jets side is involved in structuring the contract (which I guess is a big ask)), so no, I'm not being obtuse.

edit: Also, its important to note that GW cannot even sign an extension until after this year (2024), but most teams wait until after year four (2025) before working on the extension. So, for full clarity, realistically we are two years away from him even having signed a 30m+/year contract, but the cap hits wont hit 30m+ for at least four years, probably more.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 24, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Professor Funk posted:

Yes, I know how the mechanics work. And if you draft Odunze/MHJ/Nabers this year, you (unless they're busts!) have a cost-controlled running mate for Wilson for the duration of his rookie deal and most (or all) of his eventual extension. Seems like the most efficient possible way to a top-end WR room for the foreseeable future.
I agree on everything you're saying, I was just explaining why I wasnt being obtuse. I would rather be informative than not if there is any doubt about what I am saying, and you expressed doubt that GW wont be a cap concern for 3(+) years. I hope the Jets are able to get an OT or one of the top 3 WRs at 10, but I doubt it so I hope they swing a trade with Atlanta for 8 to get one of the two.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Professor Funk posted:

I think maybe I just misinterpreted your comment, my bad. :) I think I could reword my original post to frame it more exactly: the Jets will have to think about extending Wilson soon, though they might not be actually paying out for several years. So they should plan accordingly.
All good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

It feels like N'Keal Harry has been in the NFL for like 10 years now, how was he only drafted in 2019?