Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Anything to get that turd flushed is fine with me.

yeah he got done dirty but was also a dirty player on and off the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kalli posted:

I presume this was posted, but still, perfectly encapsulates the Parker experience:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1765774912307011681

I knew he wasn’t great but woof :yikes:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

92 mil with 50 mil guarenteed For Calvin Ridley??? No thanks I’m good

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Every team in this drat division except maybe the Dolphins should have been in on that? Just a fourth?! :argh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

This isn't true. He had 1 season since 2017 where he played 10 games and he's played over 13 games every other year. And he had 1200 yards in 13 games last year. He's an incredibly productive and consistent player. He was GREAT last year.

And I believe that 10 game season was due to a LACERATED KIDNEY not exactly a normal football injury :barf:

He probably would have come back last year if the team wasn’t 3-10 or whatever

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I don't hate the KJ Osborn signing, but I am just thoroughly whelmed.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

what the poo poo is a Taylor egg

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nodoze posted:

I hope this is just posturing and he isn't for real

Trying to bait a panic trade for a wheelbarrow of picks maybe if someone thinks JJ or Bo is the guy, I'd rather they just pick at 3 but maybe they'll get a Panthers-esque offer they can't refuse

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Docjowles posted:

Hey now the Pats are by no means immune to clownshoes losses. Never forget the Jakobi Meyers lateral that may or may not have made Bill run him out of town. Or the Miracle in Miami.

Also, you know, the entire history of the franchise pre-Brady :negative:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pats and Jets really hosed up beating the Bills.

You’re not wrong but maybe the Bills should have been less fraudulent :hmmyes:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Getting bad vibes, I feel like this QB class is gonna make the 2021 one look uhhhhhh not good but uh better than this one.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There are new planet of the apes movies?

The new trilogy (2011-2017) was fantastic and a new one comes out like next week

The 2001 Mark Wahlberg one was not good though

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

QB WR OT that’s what the Pats need :shrug:

No Rutgers players what the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think there is probably plenty of truth to this. Belichick loved to draft guys that his college friends recommended. He also put a premium on drafting guys that were "versatile" and could play on special teams, but too often this was at the expense of the actual position they were supposed to play and actually sucked at. He was more interested in players that exhibited his brand of football IQ, guys who would fall in line and not ask questions - he'd draft randos from small schools because they seemed more like the round peg that would fit rather than any of the more accomplished athletic choices available.

That being said, I'm skeptical that the Patriot's scouting department was recommending him five All Pro's every year to draft.

The Patriots didn't draft an undersized Rutgers DB this year so there's clearly something's different going on in the draft department :shrug: