Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Josh Allen, you are the only hope for an AFC East playoff win next January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hellyeah: bye Mac

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phobeste posted:

Aaron rodgers: it seems pretty tough to get thaaaat many people to those camps. Trust me they can’t even get ME to go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

My favorite part is we all know how this ends

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think that's a fake account.

quote:

Writer for
@TheAthletic
| No Fake News | Parody

Yep

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ByMarkDaniels/status/1772231101076881609?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

Why are the Jets always so funny? Other teams perpetually suck but no one is ever as outright funny as the Jets are.

:agreed: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39808338/owner-woody-johnson-vows-jets-keep-qb-zach-wilson-no-trade

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I simply root for chaos. Has worked out for me more times than not :stoked:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a team panic-take a QB (one that isn't one of the top 3 expected=Caleb/Maye/Daniels) between needing one and knowing next year's class of them already looks noticeably worse than this class. If MHJ falls at all you take him, don't be that team

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tarbrush posted:

And, God willing, benched by Christmas

Peak is the Mac option where he's benched 4 times in a year before they finally get the point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

4 way 7-10 tie

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

It is kind of crazy that Diggs got traded and everyone's reaction is kind of like "well, okay I guess." If you told this thread a year go that would be our reaction we probably all would have laughed.

If you told this thread a year ago how the Bills' season would go pre-bye and how they still wouldn't get past Divisional even with a comeback from that, we definitely all would have laughed and probably all would have said the window's shut

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As long as they have Allen people will still be saying their window's not closed, but man it feels like their window's closed and locked

"But Burrow" oh yeah the guy who made a Super Bowl ever and has already made more conference championships, that's a comparison that's equal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I know he's no longer the division's problem but still lmao

https://twitter.com/985TheSportsHub/status/1775970236698607868

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

As much as I generally agree with the sentiment that it's often foolish to project prospects more than a year in the future, it does seem like the draft community consistently nails when a lovely QB class is coming.

Yep. They may occasionally gently caress up thinking one's gonna be good (2021), but when one's definitely gonna be bad they know

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He can't even manage his hair equipment well, how can he be trusted with football equipment

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The new ones are all pretty good

:yeah:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

syzpid posted:

I know I have only been posting about Wilson, but since voluntary workouts have just started and he announced that he isn’t attending, I read somewhere that pretty much the Jets would owe him 5 mil if they cut him and 1.4 mil if he was claimed off waivers. Such a ridiculously small amount to give a poo poo about if your an NFL franchise, especially one that just raised the cost of tickets for a team that was sub 500 and hasn’t made the playoffs in over 10 years. The Johnsons are embarrassing, even the cheapest teams in the league would have cut Wilson before now.

They hold out hope that they can get a trade partner/something for him, entirely because they just saw the Pats do it with Mac. It is pathetic, not arguing with you on that one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

the idea that the wrong draft pick is going to ruin the pats is hilarious

Mac was the wrong pick and it ruined the last two years for them, this will be year 3

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mac had a playoff game and a Pro Bowl. That's all Maye has to beat (he will not beat it this year)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

afce has to be the stupidest loving division in the league

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

AFCE not exactly adding a lot of WR talent this year.

Last year the question was "if every team in the division combined the rosters would they have one competent O-line"

This year it'll be "if every team in the division combined the rosters could they form a decent receiving corps"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/benvolin/status/1787790751494979973?s=46&t=2io1YhzTqhtijryQ4jU7MA