Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know what the funny part is? Jonnu's most productive season was last year except for touchdowns, by a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, Henry at whatever money over the next 2 years is fine, 3rd won't be guaranteed, and we literally need to plug the monstrously awful holes all over the offense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

3 years, $27m, up to $30m with incentives for Henry.

Perfectly happy with that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jacoby Brissett, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

How did the Bills only get a fourth? Tremaine got paid! How is he still letting us down!

Blame the 49ers. Not only did they and the Rams get 3rds from having a minority hire poached, the 49ers also handed a $21m contract to Javon Hargrave which along with the Chiefs giving Jawaan Taylor $20m APY, knock the Bills comp pick to a 4th since Tremaine Edmunds only got $18m APY.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Two, one for each of the next two seasons.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tim Whatley posted:

On an exciting day I'm stoked and blessed to say I just got told I'm in complete remission.

My silly football team and I will rebuild together.

Congrats man, my mom's struggling through chemo right now, and it seems not great! glad for you!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I presume this was posted, but still, perfectly encapsulates the Parker experience:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1765774912307011681

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Too rich for Joe Douglas’ blood. Get Van Roten on the line.

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1767328033155780889?s=20

He just re-signed. Seems like a great deal compared to the scary deals guards were getting today.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767332163224047918

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A pretty funny bit on the Athletic podcast yesterday:

Patriots - oh they're signing a bunch of cheap guys, makes sense, make sure the cupboard isn't bare and you can develop around your rookie QB
Jets - oh they're signing a bunch of cheap guys, makes sense, they think they're contenders and trying to fill in the obvious holes.
Dolphins & Bills - oh they're signing a bunch of cheap guys, makes sense, they went all in and have to replace expensive guys with guys a rung down now

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

someone tell the krafts to spend some loving money

they spent the last two months blaming bill for all the problems and so far all they've done is resign players bill drafted or signed

I mean I'm pretty happy with all the contracts the Pats have signed, and haven't wanted too many of the ones other teams have made so far. Once I saw the Ridley numbers, I was fine with not getting him, that's probably gonna end poorly

They do have to sign a left tackle, and a bunch of depth pieces. At this point, I think their best option at WR is probably Mike Williams on a mostly bust-y presuming short term contract.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He doesn't have the official title, but it's Eliot Wolf.

Weird how the son of Ron Wolf got his start in the Packers and worked his way up to the top,

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's who's left in FA. I think they pretty much have to sign either Tyron Smith or DJ Humphries for way too much money, and could throw money at one of Williams / Hollywood / Samuel in the WR market and maybe Logan Thomas as a depth piece and then a few defensive depth pieces as well, but this isn't exactly fixing your roster

Quarterback
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ryan Tannehill
Joshua Dobbs
Carson Wentz

Running back
J.K. Dobbins
AJ Dillon
Cordarrelle Patterson
Alexander Mattison
Ezekiel Elliott
Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Wide receiver
Mike Williams
Marquise Brown
Michael Thomas
Odell Beckham Jr.
Hunter Renfrow
Curtis Samuel
Tyler Boyd
K.J. Osborn
Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Tight end
Logan Thomas
Adam Trautman

Offensive line
Tyron Smith (T)
Trent Brown (T)
DJ Humphries (T)
Connor Williams (C/G)
Kevin Zeitler (G)
Dalton Risner (G)

Defensive line
Chase Young (DE)
Calais Campbell (DE)
Jadeveon Clowney (EDGE)
Tyus Bowser (EDGE)
Emmanuel Ogbah (EDGE)
Arik Armstead (DT)

Linebacker
Devin White
Tyrel Dodson
Jerome Baker
Oren Burks

Safety
Kamren Curl
Justin Simmons
Julian Blackmon
Jamal Adams
Jordan Fuller
Quandre Diggs
Micah Hyde
Eddie Jackson

Cornerback
Stephon Gilmore
Xavien Howard
Adoree' Jackson
Tre'Davious White
Kristian Fulton
Steven Nelson
Avonte Maddox
Ahkello Witherspoon

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lol, dangit. I thought this would be our mid-value signing. Though honestly, not sure how much he provides over even JuJu.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1768394326722162944

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

So Keenan Allen was available and the worst GM in the NFL didn't get him.

Mad my team didn't do this as well

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bellmaker posted:

I don't hate the KJ Osborn signing, but I am just thoroughly whelmed.

I mean we've got 3 guys you want to chuck straight into the bin, so yeah, he's better to have around then Juju, Raegor or Thornton. I agree, I'm just whelmed, he's another Kendrick Bourne.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, in a world where you can get the 2 1sts + a future from the Vikings, sure. You could possibly trade up from 11 + other picks to jump a few spots to grab a WR / LT, or suddenly trading that 2nd for Tee Higgins is less egregious. Just a lot of moving pieces that still leaves you missing a QB prospect.

Personally I want to do that, since I believe in the more bites approach. Ideally you trade down then back up with the Falcons to grab Fausano or whomever the 2nd best LT is, since the Falcons can probably drop to 11th and still get the best defender on the board, heh.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah well they're going QB at #3 so you better pray they don't pick a bust.

Oh I agree, I also think busts are made as often as not, and I bet we're making a bust.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just whatever they do, make picks that are consensus top players who are great athletes, and not whatever the gently caress Bill was doing.

Yeah.

....Yeah.

That said, I think QB's are made as often as drafted, so I'd rather solve LT and find a WR. If you get that godfather offer you then have 2 (probably mid) 1st's next year to play with to find your QB. Or heck, just sign Dak in free agency after the Cowboys gently caress things up :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd love to join in on hating WR rooms, but my god, the Chargers are right there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

and New England!

I think if the Jets signed Mike Williams, then both GW and MW get hurt... Xavier Gipson, Allen Lazard, and Jason Brownlee would still be better than the Chargers starting 3.

Hey! Hey! we've got Kendrick Bourne, we've got Demario Douglas, we've got KJ Osborn. That's 3 guys right there who'll probably hit 500 receiving yards!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I hope the Patriots can turn #3 into 3 firsts. As every CB was saying to Mac in a short zone last year, gimme the picks!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also as far as assistant coaches go, hard to top the Lions guy just Donald Ducking a drive thru

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh my god, that Lions story was from 2007. Jon Kitna and his wife then went to a halloween party as naked Lions coach and fast food worker and had to apologize for it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it's the most Jets thing imaginable to end up having Zach Wilson start half the season again.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My view is that the surrounding talent and offensive coaching are as important as the prospect themselves, so if you can get a haul of 3 firsts you should do that, especially if the prospect is as flawed as JD looks to be.

Like I don't think being at the top of the draft is that relevant when finding a QB. I think the Lamar Jackson at the end of the first is a red herring, since the league has learned and that kind of guy won't fall so late anymore, but even beyond that, Mahomes was a 10th overall, Josh Allen a 7th, both gotten by modest trade ups from the middle of the 1st. Love was taken late 1st, Dak's a 4th, Stafford was a trade. The only guys you'd really crank hog for in the top few picks are Burrow and Stroud.

So yeah, get those 3 firsts from the Vikings, solve WR and LT in round 1 then just sign Dak in free agency next year. Simple.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

The pats are taking a QB they aren’t going into the season with the Zapp attack

Whether that’s a good idea is another matter

I mean they aren't anyway, they signed Jacoby Brissett.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Same, I just think it'll be the wrong move to make.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

haha, so the lowest you can get paid by that program is $20 a snap? not bad not bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

God twisting knobs and cranks until all 4 teams end up at 7-10 as nature intended

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sirtommygunn posted:

Gotta see what he was traded for but right now this does not look good for the Bills.

2025 2nd
for Diggs + 5th + '25 6th.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Can they with the cap hit they just ate?

You can probably do just about anything if you're desperate enough, but it's probably a really bad idea.

Just draft a guy round 1 / 2 and another on day 3 and hope they grow on the job.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That game against the Chiefs was played in negative degree weather and so bad it was worth a negative win.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

What does their window being closed mean here? Like, the Bills are at least three seasons away from being contenders again? If so, I disagree.

That they pretty much need to hit home runs in the draft to be a contender instead of just singles and doubles.

Like if their draft mimics any of their last say, 5 drafts, they're not likely to be a contender over the next two years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Jets doing anything but drafting tackle seems like an incredibly bad idea, so here's hoping.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I dunno, I think I'd be much more worried about Tyron Smith going down then Mike Williams. Also you can find workable WR's later in the draft where that's much harder then with tackles.

And also the Patriots are just the Jets if they had already sustained those injuries, heh.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think everyone is pretty thoroughly over Rodgers, but I still appreciate a lil' Art Bell to liven up a workday.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1778500044871598495

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

tarbrush posted:

I don't necessarily think the risk is drafting a bust, it's drafting someone like Mac/Daniel Jones or Pickett who clogs up your spot for years while you try to figure out if you can elevate them from A Guy to The Guy.

I think the bigger issue is more that busts are made as often as they're drafted. A QB on this roster, with no answer at LT or WR means they're going to ingrain some horrible habits as a rookie that have to be beaten out of you year two.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

No matter which one he is talking about he's wrong lol

https://i.imgur.com/mEFoq3u.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Look buddy he’s played better than an average sixth rounder or whatever, ergo, draft steal :colbert:

Exactly, anytime you can get a guy who had a mere 900 less receiving yards then super high 5th round draft pick Puca Nacua you LEAP at the opportunity.

Pop's a nice player, but it's kinda weird how much some Pats fans hype the guy. Dude showed flashes on the worst offense in the league, but he was still like the 11th most productive rookie WR.