Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just re-read the tweet and he says "holy forking shirtballs" twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Morse was a big one, though, and they also got rid of Ryan Bates for some reason??

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How did the Bills only get a fourth? Tremaine got paid! How is he still letting us down!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can see the argument that Wilson is worth at least as much as Mac Jones. Wilson still has the far better athletic profile.

I completely disagree with the argument, but I guess all it takes is one GM enamored with their pre-draft scouting homework.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I kind of don't get why Jacksonville makes that trade. The backup QB market is loaded with players that are equal to or better than jOwns.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

indigi posted:

did Von Miller agree to that restructure as insurance against a potential suspension? I haven't seen any details but that's the only motivation I can think of to take such a pay cut

That's what Gregg Rosenthal claimed on the ATN podcast.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1767192703681397079
There's a lot of chatter about it being another straight up pay cut (guaranteed to incentive).

I mean good, but why would Knox's camp accept?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Gabe Davis in Jacksonville feels about right.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kind of a good year to not have cap space because honestly this is a pretty underwhelming FA class. This isn't cope. I'm not coping.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills bringing back AJ Epenesa. Two-year deal. Probably a good signing idk

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Still not seeing Epenesa's contract numbers which I presume means he didn't get paid very much.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyrod no

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay good.

https://twitter.com/Cover1/status/1767412988946898988?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Poyer is cooked and often hurt.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How demanding are the responsibilities associated with running as a third party candidate VP really anyway? Was Cheri Honkala's calendar really that packed?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is Mack Hollins just an (even more) off-brand Gabe Davis?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Genuine question: what are the moves that Jets fans want Joe Douglas to make (or to have made)?

My sense is that outside of re-signing Bryce Huff, there's not a ton of reasonable, concrete moves they (or really any team) can make this year. They upgraded their backup QB and overpaid for a mediocre OL; I guess that's largely what I would have expected?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Pretty sure they want a WR2 and better oline play.

So like, shell out a ton of money for Calvin Ridley and Tyron Smith?

Gabe Davis was like legitimately one of the better WRs on the market and we'd have been lolling if the Jets gave him the contracting Jacksonville did.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Why on earth did the Ravens make that trade? Why did no one beat the Jets' offer? His age, I guess?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So this Mike Williams fellow.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

But oof, he will be 30 and coming off a torn ACL.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think he'll be relatively cheap. Look at what Nuk Hopkins commanded last offseason. Hopkins is the better player and had a cleaner bill of health.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Gabe Davis is now a team's WR1 lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rodgers is a Sandy Hook truther and I am ascending into heaven.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's because he's now somehow maybe a politician.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What about anything Aaron Rodgers has said ever would lead to the skepticism here?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also—just me—but if an even semi-credible news agency came out with a false story claiming I didn't believe in Sandy Hook, I would probably find a way to very, very quickly say, "uh, no, unequivocally, I'm not that big of a loving dipshit."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

If you know anything about Poyers wife this is not much of a surprise.

If you know anything about Poyer it's not much of a surprise.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Michael Lombardi said the Bills want to trade Diggs.

Pablo Bluth posted:

Diggs is untradeable this season. Anyone who suggests he's leaving hasn't bothered to look at overthecap...

I believe both these things.

I love Diggs but I think there's a very not insignificant chance that his best days are behind him. If the Bills were actually able to get a good return for him, I'd be okay with it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I wouldn't say Diggs was "TERRIBLE" in the latter half of last season, but he did look pretty mediocre and he's on the wrong side of 30.

If Keenan Allen—who I assume from his box scores still looks great—only fetched a 4th, I don't see any realistic world where the Bills trade him unless he becomes unspeakably toxic.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

From week 7 on he didn't have 90 yards in a game once, avg'd under 10YPC with a barely 61% catch rate. That falls well within the terrible band imo.

If that's "terrible," what band describes, like, Allen Lazard?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Well, can't say JD isn't trying to plug holes this offseason.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I already miss Zach Wilson.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll always love him for his resilience. It is unbelievable a quarterback as bad as he was could start as many games in the NFL as he did.

Oh! And the loving "Zach Wilson refuses to play" storyline? Underrated subplot to the Jets' 2023.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mike Williams if healthy would be one of the best WR2s in the league.

I mean I guess he's turning 30 and he's never actually healthy, but I still think it'd be an outstanding signing for the Jets.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lmao, you really believed Austin Jackson agreed to a contract restructure?? Got your rear end.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

New York is good. New York 'burbs become tolerable because of their food.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You can make any food at home.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Why are the Jets always so funny? Other teams perpetually suck but no one is ever as outright funny as the Jets are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills obviously had their massive playoff drought and sustained mediocrity, but the Dick Jauron, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, et al eras were largely forgettable.

Adam Gase started his tenure with the crazy eyes and was already a hilariously bad hire that only happened because of Peyton Manning and it had Sam Darnold seeing ghosts and catching mono, and it is STILL only at best the third funniest Jets tenure of the past couple decades.