Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If the Pats got rid of Mac for a conditional 7th, I'd consider it a win tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

:byewhore:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Docjowles posted:

I’m pretty happy with all NE moves so far. Not like in a win the division way but in a pulling the chute on a roster that was in free fall toward worst in the league way. Draft will be huge of course.

Brissett feels like the biggest tell yet that they are taking a QB at 3

Yeah, it all hinges on getting a real QB in the draft which is a HUGE "if" but so far the Pats strategy seems to be "just be loving normal for once, christ."

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Flikken posted:

OR Rodgers realized he doesn't have it anymore and this is his way of bowing out without actually admitting he couldn't hang with Brady.

Rodgers and Wilson both thought they could copy what Brady did going to the Bucs for another ring, and both instantly ate poo poo lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Bill would have disapproved.

Get a guy who runs a 4.7 40 but says yessir more.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mac Jones trade is officially done btw. So happy.

:feelsgood:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My hot take is Pats fans freaking out and doomering this early in the free agency period are jumping the gun, and generally showing themselves to be reactionary dildos.

What will doom them for 3-5 years is picking a QB who sucks, but not quite enough for them to give up on him immediately.

Which is what will probably happen.

Optimism! :sun:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

My Hot Take is the Pats should go QB if they really think their scouting says the future of the franchise is there for the taking. But taking one just because you need a QB and have a high pick is super bad and dumb, especially when the whole offense roster sucks too.

:geno:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Can't wait to rationalize whatever my team does tomorrow!

:yeah:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Maye will probably bust because most quarterback picks bust.

I have no heartburn with the pick. They used a high pick and took someone with actual physical ability at a position of critical need.

It's a whole new world, man.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Kalli posted:

Oh I agree, but also looking at free agency around the league... there's very few contracts I would've wanted.

The cap going up like it did hosed us a bit. There's a few trades I wish we could've gotten in on, but like even loving Michael Pittman Jr got franchised due to all that cap space.

My Hot Take is the Patriots basically did everything they realistically could/should have. It will probably still suck in 2024 because a) their offensive talent to start with was SO BAD and b) most QBs bust no matter how high you pick or how hyped they are. Like even if they hit multiple times in this draft they are probably pretty bad!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Yeah, that's not some amazing hypothetical haul. It's super mid for 3rd overall. You probably take it if you hate everyone at #3, but otherwise meh.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Basically this lol. Kraft ran Bill out of town on a rail but also is promoting a bunch of guys Bill himself picked to succeed him :iiam:. Although to be fair Wolf is not a typical dipshit Belichick disciple, he was in Green Bay's front office for like 15 years before coming over. Of course, he only had a job in Green Bay because his dad used to be their GM. Because the NFL is just one giant nepotism circle jerk. He seems to be reasonably well thought of, though?

The logic FWIW is that Bill constantly blew off the advice of his own scouts and front office guys to take giga-trash players for 5 years in a row or something.

~Allegedly~

Front office guys who left the Pats have done better than Bill himself lately sooo :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

The Patriots didn't draft an undersized Rutgers DB this year so there's clearly something's different going on in the draft department :shrug:

Using the top 3 picks on the top 3 offensive needs was crazy to watch.

I mean, the picks might suck but it's definitely different from late career Bill.