Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's March 7th. Here's the table:

It's an honest to god three horse title race with 11 matches to go. At the bottom of the table, Everton getting four points back gave them a bit of breathing room and made it look a lot more likely that the three promoted clubs all go back down together, but the Premier League's points deduction people are still sniffing around them and Forest which threatens to make the end of the season very interesting.

In the midtable, Chelsea lost £90.1m last year to add on to the £121.4m they lost the year before, which calls into question how on earth they're going to fit their way into the Premier League rules that limit financial losses to £105m over any three year period. Oh wait, no it doesn't call that into question, they're going to do another firesale of every homegrown player left at the club and then blow past the limit anyway when Boehly spends another billion dollars on even more new players and managers.

In summary,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mad that arsenal are going to win the premier league without anyone noticing until the final day

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

vyelkin posted:

In summary,

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Caicedo ain't a flop

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
if any team wants to stop city winning the title tehy just need to break Rodri

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

i dont like having to switch threads

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

kri kri posted:

We all love the monthly threads offset by a week

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Mad that arsenal are going to win the premier league without anyone noticing until the final day

:pray:

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

the sex ghost posted:

up the arse

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kri kri posted:

it used to be essential when there were many more of us :(

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

vyelkin posted:

it used to be essential when there were many more of us :(

Yeah :thisagain:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RIP to our fallen posters

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Except all the ones that sucked

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

the sex ghost posted:

They are existing in a quantum superstate of both having bottled it and not bottled it and as long as nobody watches them play this will continue. Luckily everyone at the Emirates is asleep.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
As a city fan if we don't win it's a real doozy of a choice between crowing Liverpool fans acting as if their winning amounts to divine anointment of their lord and saviour's final year, and arsenal fans being, well, arsenal fans

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Butterfly Valley posted:

As a city fan if we don't win it's a real doozy of a choice between crowing Liverpool fans acting as if their winning amounts to divine anointment of their lord and saviour's final year, and arsenal fans being, well, arsenal fans

Imagine being a United fan

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The human mind cannot manage such a feat

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

The human mind cannot manage such a feat

Not all of us were burdened with an Arsenal supporter's lack of brain cells

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gross

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I see nobody else has been brave enough to say it so, fine, I will.

I don't think Sheffield United are a very good football team.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Let's just say that none of us wants to see 115 asterisks after the league's done IMHO.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Butterfly Valley posted:

good ebening

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope this weekend rattles Pep so much that they lose every game they play for the rest of the season

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Xabi posted:

Let's just say that none of us wants to see 115 asterisks after the league's done IMHO.

Just digging down on this point for a second - does anyone here seriously think a club like Chelsea, for example, came into their wealth and spent it more morally or sustainably than City? Does FFP represent some objective and incontrovertible truth, or is it an imperfect collection of rules thrown together by fallible organisations with numerous competing vested interests?

More to the point, if City are cleared of the charges, or if we're handed a punishment that doesn't include revocation of all previous titles, would people who talk about the charges accept the result? Or will they continue to use it as a stick to beat us with, like the fact we spent a loving shitload of money to get to where we are is somehow lost on some people?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Like I get hating us for the money and sportswashing, just the judgement of whether we spent that money 'legally' or not seems incredibly arbitrarily defined both within the PL and across world football in general.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
everybody hates chelsea too. try a different example

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

No the hate is fine it's just the hate with the additional obseqious appeal to an authority which we all generally acknowledge as corrupt and stupid as hell that confuses me.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

No the hate is fine it's just the hate with the additional obseqious appeal to an authority which we all generally acknowledge as corrupt and stupid as hell that confuses me.

it's very simple, we all want two things to happen: one, our teams to do well and win things, and two, the funniest possible result to occur, and despite the FFP authorities being corrupt and stupid as hell it would be extraordinarily funny if they started docking City points and retroactively taking their titles away like Juventus, so that's what we want to happen

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

See that I can totally get

Edit:

Have some silly images of Klopp and Bald courtesy of the Beeb:

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 8, 2024

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i hope 115 FC is dissolved and has to restart like rangers imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Klopp posted:

“Phil Foden best English player at this moment and Trent respects that. But, he was born in Liverpool and he has played for all the youth teams - one of our slogans is ‘this means more’ and it means more to us - what happens here means more to us.

"When we are feeling like that why shouldn’t we be allowed to say it, I am not interested it is just how he feels and I have no problem with that and I am pretty sure he showed respect as well."

The “this means more” poo poo is the absolute worst Liverpool fandom related thing and I’m sure Klopp knows its bullshit but he always understood his assignment at Liverpool to be fair to him.

that it was an artificial slogan created by an advertising agency and then gulped down by the fans and apparently some of the squad is particularly egregious

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 8, 2024

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It's just scouse for "Mes que un club"

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
theres nothing more cringe than city fans trying to defend their club lol. ive seen them irl too

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

mila kunis posted:

i hope 115 FC is dissolved and has to restart like rangers imo

This

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

nawilo_420 posted:

city fans ... irl

Doubt it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Butterfly Valley posted:

The “this means more” poo poo is the absolute worst Liverpool fandom related thing and I’m sure Klopp knows its bullshit but he always understood his assignment at Liverpool to be fair to him.

that it was an artificial slogan created by an advertising agency and then gulped down by the fans and apparently some of the squad is particularly egregious

Listen no other football club has fans who really want their team to win football matches. Such a special club

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

i have an australian colleague who is a city fan. he is also really into crypto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Man United are planning on knocking down Old Trafford and building a Nou Trafford at the same location

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1766140030253174864