Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
As a city fan if we don't win it's a real doozy of a choice between crowing Liverpool fans acting as if their winning amounts to divine anointment of their lord and saviour's final year, and arsenal fans being, well, arsenal fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Xabi posted:

Let's just say that none of us wants to see 115 asterisks after the league's done IMHO.

Just digging down on this point for a second - does anyone here seriously think a club like Chelsea, for example, came into their wealth and spent it more morally or sustainably than City? Does FFP represent some objective and incontrovertible truth, or is it an imperfect collection of rules thrown together by fallible organisations with numerous competing vested interests?

More to the point, if City are cleared of the charges, or if we're handed a punishment that doesn't include revocation of all previous titles, would people who talk about the charges accept the result? Or will they continue to use it as a stick to beat us with, like the fact we spent a loving shitload of money to get to where we are is somehow lost on some people?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Like I get hating us for the money and sportswashing, just the judgement of whether we spent that money 'legally' or not seems incredibly arbitrarily defined both within the PL and across world football in general.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

No the hate is fine it's just the hate with the additional obseqious appeal to an authority which we all generally acknowledge as corrupt and stupid as hell that confuses me.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

See that I can totally get

Edit:

Have some silly images of Klopp and Bald courtesy of the Beeb:

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Klopp posted:

“Phil Foden best English player at this moment and Trent respects that. But, he was born in Liverpool and he has played for all the youth teams - one of our slogans is ‘this means more’ and it means more to us - what happens here means more to us.

"When we are feeling like that why shouldn’t we be allowed to say it, I am not interested it is just how he feels and I have no problem with that and I am pretty sure he showed respect as well."

The “this means more” poo poo is the absolute worst Liverpool fandom related thing and I’m sure Klopp knows its bullshit but he always understood his assignment at Liverpool to be fair to him.

that it was an artificial slogan created by an advertising agency and then gulped down by the fans and apparently some of the squad is particularly egregious

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 8, 2024