Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T Bowl posted:

It's profitable long term and not just government, it's the overall effect of an area.

This is what every team claims, and...

Akbar posted:

Wait what? Public financing of private sports stadia are rarely ever profitable for the city. There's an argument that keeping teams around brings expressive benefits to cities and fans but I don't think there's a financial argument that they're good investments.

...it's hardly proven or to be taken as fact. tl;dr billionaire owners of private property should pay for that property to be redeveloped.

2-1 over Brentford, never in doubt (because I saw the scoreline before watching the highlights this morning :v: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

kri kri posted:

I have been hearing this

More and more people are saying it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Very good news indeed

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jose posted:

their owner should just have all the premier league executives murdered

Nuclear Spoon posted:

hearing marinakis has diverted some shipping containers from greece

big if true

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You love to see it :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

I expected the Qatar smart football thing to take off more in the top leagues since everyone loves data, it would also be a good way to measure how hard the ball had smacked someone on the head

xF, Expected Falcon