Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It's March 7th. Here's the table:

It's an honest to god three horse title race with 11 matches to go. At the bottom of the table, Everton getting four points back gave them a bit of breathing room and made it look a lot more likely that the three promoted clubs all go back down together, but the Premier League's points deduction people are still sniffing around them and Forest which threatens to make the end of the season very interesting.

In the midtable, Chelsea lost £90.1m last year to add on to the £121.4m they lost the year before, which calls into question how on earth they're going to fit their way into the Premier League rules that limit financial losses to £105m over any three year period. Oh wait, no it doesn't call that into question, they're going to do another firesale of every homegrown player left at the club and then blow past the limit anyway when Boehly spends another billion dollars on even more new players and managers.

In summary,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kri kri posted:

i dont like having to switch threads

it used to be essential when there were many more of us :(

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

No the hate is fine it's just the hate with the additional obseqious appeal to an authority which we all generally acknowledge as corrupt and stupid as hell that confuses me.

it's very simple, we all want two things to happen: one, our teams to do well and win things, and two, the funniest possible result to occur, and despite the FFP authorities being corrupt and stupid as hell it would be extraordinarily funny if they started docking City points and retroactively taking their titles away like Juventus, so that's what we want to happen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
a "jocular slap"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Seems like a dumb punishment, if their defense was true.

On the one hand yes, they should get some leeway on the Johnson transfer given how the financial reporting year and the transfer window don't align perfectly. On the other hand they have signed 400 players since promotion at a total cost of infinity pounds and they are owned by a Greek mobster, so it's hard to say they're actually innocent of financial crimes.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm surprised that the Premier League managed to swerve all the NFT garbage, whenever I watch La Liga with my brother in law on his Movistar service they're advertising NFTs of the match balls that you can buy.

John Terry NFTs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
D(km)/90 is the new hot thing that the American advanced stats community is getting sweaty about

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

probably nothing in the end but city are fighting it in court instead of accepting the charges so its taking way longer

turns out if you shred all the documents, don't write down mycrimes.txt in a WhatsApp group, and tell the investigators to contact the world's highest paid lawyers instead of a knucklehead former footballer you appointed CEO for some reason, the footballing authorities are at a loss for what to do next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
even when I have dementia myself I'll still remember that one of his own players demanded a transfer because Joe Kinnear called him Charles Insomnia.

jesus WEP posted:

rip to a real one