Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Wtf, did he lock his own thread? This was a wild afternoon. I hope you're proud of yourself Recoome, driving that poor racist to adopt the racist position he wanted to support anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Captain Theron posted:

Wtf, did he lock his own thread?
I think that was Anive Davimation.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Captain Theron posted:

Wtf, did he lock his own thread? This was a wild afternoon. I hope you're proud of yourself Recoome, driving that poor racist to adopt the racist position he wanted to support anyway.

I’m sorry

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought everyone here was too old, cynical and ironic for a real meltdown to occur.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Recoome posted:

I’m sorry

never apologise!

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Well! If this is the thanks I get, next time I'll vote No with a non-progressive attitude! Hmph!!

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

As soon as I saw this, I knew he was close to the edge:

"Don't even care!" [edits post to make sure it's absolutely clear how little he cares]

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
i maintain that the OED can get hosed

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

As soon as I saw this, I knew he was close to the edge:

"Don't even care!" [edits post to make sure it's absolutely clear how little he cares]

lol yeah

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Let's make Auspol a better place. unban and mod IWC and raptorfag

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

I'm just sad we'll never find out who (((they))) were.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Please stop doing the echo.

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*
Bring back Serpentine (to troll us again)

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

u mad, white bastard?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Comstar posted:

What the hell was all that about? I gave up trying to work it out.

Why yes I'm also sleep deprived. Is that why I didn't understand any of it?

someone wrote a purportedly serious article about van badham without asking about her infamous online sockpuppet accounts

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'm still getting my head around that their progressive no was to save indigenous black people from themselves and then said they got no praise for it from Recoome, or otherwise indigenous people with a chip on their shoulder, and thus their all scum and to prove that they'd... take the positions they already had except rather than argue purity of conviction argue its because they hate black people.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

What the gently caress was with the outrage at changing "the founding document" of our country? That had me wondering if they were actually Australian, and if so for how long.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

quote:

"I've only ever wanted to be a theatre person," says Badham.

"When I was very young, I wanted to be an actor. I think it's quite common for young people, who would like to be the star of their own movie, [but] I had always written and I felt a calling to write.

"When I was around 10, I thought, 'Yep, writing — this is what I do.'"

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Coward posted:

What the gently caress was with the outrage at changing "the founding document" of our country? That had me wondering if they were actually Australian, and if so for how long.

Classic imported Seppo right-wing outrage bullshit.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Coward posted:

Who knows, I went and looked and since the referendum the blak sovereigns have said nothing except what they said pre-coverage and it gets no traction - mandated seats in parliament or calling for a sovereign blak state. But now they're treated like cranks and despite there being "this result will embolden and increase their numbers" instead the entire movement looks dead because there is no enthusiasm at all for it. What a dumb part of our history, and frustrating because the real reason yes failed wasn't these people but how shambling Yes was as a campaign. A genuine embarrassment. It's just easier to make fun of these because it's some real dumb poo poo that will never ever stand up to scrutiny.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

shouldn't be surprised that "progressive no" turned into mask-off racism in record time

was he really the guy behind poo poo Towns of Australia or was that just a throwaway comment

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

thatbastardken posted:

i maintain that the OED can get hosed

In this thread we only recognise the Macquarie Dictionary.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Coward posted:

confused the australian constitution with the oed

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'll be hosed sideways if I let those freemasons touch the Magna Carta

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
All those bike path posts, lost, like tears in the rain

Megaprops to Bucky for assisting to break that racists brain though

slorb
May 14, 2002
If Australia has any "founding documents" worth poo poo they're union contracts and industrial legislation and the history of the strikes and violence that were required to win them.

After half a century of mismanagement by the British, power in the early Australian colonies shifted to the squatters. The squatters had broken the law and headed out past the legal boundaries of the colonies to regional NSW/VIC/QLD to murder indigenous people and steal the best grazing land. Utter pieces of poo poo who would be more at home in Likud than today's National Party.

As long distance shipping improved significantly in the early 19th century, Australian goods like wool and meat began to be shipped back to Britain profitably, which made the squatters obscenely rich and gave them political control of the colonies. That combination of genocide and improvements in transport is the foundation of modern Australia, not the constitution.

If significant land rights are ever granted to indigenous people they'll need to be actively defended or we will get a new generation of squatters that will dispossess them all over again.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

lol yeah

I'm just saying, this never happened when hambeet was making the threads.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Coward posted:

This was the most confusing thing to me. Holding up the constitution the same way the seppos talk about theirs and expecting any traction.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Megabound posted:

This was the most confusing thing to me. Holding up the constitution the same way the seppos talk about theirs and expecting any traction.

Gobbled up the Advance Australia propaganda

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My thing was "people who hate our country", which I don't think was ever an accusation or even insinuation about the "yes" voters. Or what would happen if we did get an Indigenous Voice.

It reeked, (to me) of him wanting to say "uppity" and then eventually just saying it.

But yeah, it does sound like American culture war style Right Wing talking point nonsense. That he never told us who "they" were or why/how they hated "his" country.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I'm confused. Is our 'founding document' actually that important? Most Aussies are barely literate, how much stock are they putting in a piece of paper that barely tells us how to run a company.

Secondly, Recoome is black?

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Konomex posted:

I'm confused. Is our 'founding document' actually that important?

How very dare, I, personally think The Complete Adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie are very important

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
founding document (sheet music of waltzing matilda)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The founding document stuff was funny but the best bit was where they briefly (before the post was edited) told Recoome to “die in metho and drink a bunch of custody”

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

On a city train at peak hour, Van Badham chats rapidly down the phone.

She's on the Sutherland line, heading into the CBD ahead of the opening of her latest play, A Fool in Love, at Sydney Theatre Company.

Her excitement is palpable.

The play is an adaptation of the 17th-century farce La dama boba by Spanish playwright Lope de Vega.

The story centres on two sisters from a once-rich family who must marry to avoid financial ruin. One is smart but poor, while the other is rich but daft (she has a better dowry). There's a squabble over suitors, duping and miscommunication.

All the classic ingredients of a farce, and one ripe for adaptation into a modern class comedy, says 49-year-old Badham.

This is unequivocally worse than anything anyone posted in the previous thread

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Pretty entertaining 48 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMa-Ba-2Mo

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I thought it was a 48min bait and switch where they didn't sneak in to anything and didn't tell us anything we didn't already know or couldn't find out.

I don't know the format of the channel though maybe that's what it's supposed to do.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

It's always somewhat disconcerting when you come across a video that has 750K views in 24 hours on a channel you've never heard of before.

For youtubers they could have been more insufferable, they seem reasonably well put together. But yes, shockingly they don't actually manage to make it inside the billion dollar top secret obscenely well guarded American military base stationed in the middle of the outback, but props for actually going there to ask at least.

Watching Jordie wrestle with the will to live is pretty funny though.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 9, 2024

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Isn't Pine Gap more of a NSA facility than a CIA one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the fun local game of american accent equals tourist or mil contractor