Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I skimmed through the most recent ones and Page 376 of exhibit MRS-70 is the Thai massage charges. Not sure if it’s a credit card limit thing or booking after booking or just booked all of them and they charged it separately.

It’s hosed up that Seven is willing to pay for a years rent, expensive meals, trip to tassie, rounds of golf, and sex workers for a rapist. That the executive approving all this had no problems with it, I guess maybe it’s not unusual for them.

It’s funny they googled-translated into Thai how to say “please refund my company credit card and I’ll pay you in cash + $250”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I wasn’t aware of that - or the show more generally but that’s horrible poo poo.

I guess it’s not surprising that early in one of those docs the fired Seven producer and the Seven executive have a text exchange the day after they aired the Lerhmann interview saying something like “Ten and Maiden aren’t happy and we should clean up before the lawyers call”. The fired Seven producer then states in his affidavit “I took that to mean delete any materials that could make Seven look bad and I permanently deleted all such items”.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
He is also not very believable - I’m listening to that and a boring work update at the same time.

On the brothel charges - at 7:30am the morning after those charges he wrote his resignation letter saying he made a terrible mistake and charged thousands and thousands of dollars to the company card. He also told his psychiatrist similar, that he’d used the company card for personal expenses, which was recorded. He then claimed he was trying to protect the show and Seven.

There’s also something from the opposing lawyer about him illegally sending a topless photo of someone around to other media, not sure if it’s Higgins or someone else. And there was a video of him doing a crazy face and destroying the golf clubs his old boss had left at his house that he posted on facebook (after losing his job or resigning or whatever).

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Catching up on today’s court on abc, hard agree that $750 wouldn’t even do even one night of that kind of partying. Still don’t know quite how much of this guys story to believe: more than none but less than most I guess.

I hope Seven cleans house now, starting with Kerry Stokes.

quote:

"He [Brucie] said that he appreciated the fact that I wasn't sitting with the rest of the 'feminazis' in the press pack," Mr Auerbach told the court.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
The only aussie podcast I listen to regularly is Risky Business, which is weekly computer security news & discussion. Probably has a limited audience here but it’s pretty big (within the audience) and really great.

I’ll sometimes listen to the Dr Karl podcast because I’m too old to listen to jjj and old enough to be nostalgic about it.

Whatever happened to the Green Guide letters guy? Did he get bored or did they stop publishing letters?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
If it was illegal to list empty properties on the internet we could shut down all the real estate agencies.

It did remind me of this story from a few years ago - a police woman decided she liked the sound of the squatters rights and went a bit gung ho:
A Victorian police officer claimed squatters’ rights on at least five properties to expand her investment portfolio and used her position and police uniform to help in the scam, a Melbourne court has heard.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I couldn’t really find a way to make this politic chat but I needed to share this SpongeBob / Pizza Hut promo.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
It’s bad enough that so many arseholes project their prejudices onto the situation, no one needs that dickhead throwing in his pet peeve anti-bike poo poo in too.

fake edit:

I was curious who he actually was and he’s definitely a dickhead, but no point in me being upset about him being a dickhead
https://x.com/WhiteRoseSocAU/status/1779045001668005988

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

gay picnic defence posted:

How is she alleging people defamed her?

Her feelings were hurt?

I haven’t looked at them but based on my terrible memory: the reporting both at the time the story broke and during the aborted trial was very negative about Reynolds, and some people may have said things she didn’t like. She already got $90k paid out by the ACT DPP for defo.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Another mushroom death in vic, I was honestly confused while trying to think what kind of drink you would make with mushrooms but the age made it clear. ABC doesn’t mention mushrooms though, just a “drink”.

I’m no expert (or even a fan) but I don’t think you can OD on shrooms so maybe someone picked the wrong ones?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Kerry or another rich dude will stump up for him. Maybe John Singleton who is still backing Roberts-Smith (in words at least).

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Spend all your super on the deposit and then take out a loan you can’t service, effective policy for emptying our pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
My guess is Lehrmann's going to have to go bankrupt. Defo lawyers costs tend to run high and it has been a big trial. The judge also mentioned it on today’s costs hearing - when discussing Wilkinson getting her cut from Ten rather than the defendant.

The piece of poo poo ex-seven producer thinks he can make some money from his day in court.

ABC live blog posted:

Justice Lee has once again, put something bluntly.

Former Network Seven producer Taylor Auerbach's lawyer presented an affidavit for her client about costs he hopes to be awarded after attending court for one day and giving evidence in the defamation case.

Mr Auerbach was a producer who helped arrange Bruce Lehrmann's appearance on the Spotlight program last year and he gave evidence in the case last month.

Justice Lee said he would likely appoint a referee to determine what reasonable costs would be.

“But I got to tell you, it’s not going to be anything like this,” he said, motioning to the affidavit.

“The whole idea that someone can spend $17,500 to comply with a subpoena to give evidence, strikes me as ill-determined.”

“That’s just not on.”

Mr Auerbach's lawyer said she was OK with the referee option, instead.