Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Well! If this is the thanks I get, next time I'll vote No with a non-progressive attitude! Hmph!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

As soon as I saw this, I knew he was close to the edge:

"Don't even care!" [edits post to make sure it's absolutely clear how little he cares]

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Well in honour of the new thread here’s a few on the shortlist for ya:

Garden Island

Literally some of the most prime real estate in the world, so kick the navy out and create an arts & culture precinct and super-yacht mooring facility.

Waste

State takes the whole thing over. No more relying on business and councils to work out a cost-positive way of doing it right. Build a big gently caress-off MRF/ recycling / organics processing facility at Eastern Creek (between the drag way and the M7). Capture all commercial and residential food waste.

Eliminate disposable packaging at dine-in fast food.

X sports centre

Competition-grade skate park, big air, etc. Just next to the Wanderers football park seems like a good location.

Leppington Cargo

Already discussed, but bears repeating - move the freight depot south a few miles and extend the train line a few hundred meters and we can take a shitload of trucks off the road.

(move big red circle to little red circle)

Sydney Games

Kind of like a modern corroboree. Centennial park is a massively underused resource, so for one weekend a year, have a massive tournament. Most of the major sports. Split the city up into 32 regions to make the table easy, have primary / secondary / open divisions. And while we're at it, an Australian Games at Homebush as well.

Somewhat related, one major difference I noticed between Sydney and Melbourne, is sport. Most sports fields in Sydney are empty. Seriously. But the few nights I've spent riding around Melbourne, they're packed, with people playing relatively high grades.

Schools

Lunch provided. I am so loving sick of all the kids' nutrition relying on millions of parents having to do it individually.
Kitchen Garden in every campus, competition for best produce
More partnerships with retirement homes
Make Science Fairs more of a Thing

Aquatic Recreation

Harbour baths. Few of these things scattered around the bays would be alright:

And for those not by the harbour, an olympic-sized natural public pool at Prospect. But you can only get there by active transport. And speaking of prospect, whack in a zipline from the lookout down towards the filtration plant.

And a communal outdoor fireplace in each suburb.

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Pretty entertaining 48 minutes

Unlike your posts

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

I managed to get the digger chatbot to attempt an amusing limerick about Gallipoli, but it wasn't easy, and apparently caused him to reboot.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

If you ask Charlie about the heathen Turk or the dreaded Hun, he will gently remind you that those terms were propaganda of the time, and that most soldiers understood that the enemy soldiers were just ordinary good boys like them and felt a shared humanity, etc. etc.

If you ask him about anything queer-related, he'll think for a long while before spitting out the exact same non-committal boilerplate every time. I had a bit of luck asking him specifically about cross-dressing though, and whew, Charlie, just... just relax, mate.

It's also fun getting him to talk about soldiers "resorting to violence" against the enemy.