Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Let's make Auspol a better place. unban and mod IWC and raptorfag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Isn't Pine Gap more of a NSA facility than a CIA one?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Being critical of the overreach of intelligence agencies particularly after Prism is a good thing. But if you don't know the difference between the premier civilian HUMINT and military SIGINT agencies of the United States in your video title then you are showing ignorance.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Well it’s a good thing they clarify that in the first few minutes of the video then I guess

e - “for all the nerds out there” lol

1:03 - "One of the most important CIA's spy bases"
1:13 - "It shouldn't be controversial to say that the CIA wants to control the world"
2:30 - "These CIA guys are literally out here laughing as Bond villians"

Finally at 3:45 he talks about the nerd poo poo.

Why can't the video creator have the video title "We sneaked into the largest US spy base in the southern hemisphere" or something catchy like that? The CIA has done lovely things over the years but it is no reason to make lazy rear end poo poo clickbait like this.

Pretty lol that their previous video is "Youtubers Will Promote Anything"

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Is there anywhere to actually put new schools in those areas? Wouldn’t nearly all the land already be used for other poo poo?
Brisbane had the BSSSC recently built in Dutton Park which is 1.5km in a straight line from the Brisbane State High School, the 'premier' state school in QLD. It was the first secondary state school built so close to the city in many decades.

webmeister posted:

Eagerly anticipating the Google maps crayon drawings that will solve the problem
Dick shaped lots and ballsack bike tracks.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

trunkh posted:

Not sure of the background, but the Fortitude Valley State School is also freshly built.

I didn't know about that one. The BSSSC opened last year.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

QLD Police? A well loved institution in the Brisbane metro area.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I just came back from voting. I am in the Tennyson ward and our councilor is Nicole Johnston who has been in the position since 2008 and interestingly she is an independent. She also gets kicked out of council chambers a whole bunch of times. I preferenced her after voting 1 to Greens and put LNP last. Not sure how things will go in my ward but I did notice where I voted there were as many LNP supporters handing out HTV cards as the rest of the other parties combined.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Why does anyone care about what Holly Valance thinks in TYOOL 2014? Let alone 2024?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Tasmania finally with a non-based statement.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

How about music festivals to bike paths? We attract people to the superior mode of transportation with entertainment?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I can't emphasize this enough. I feel like there was a golden age of the Big Day Out where they could cram multiple big international acts into a day long festival and make money. And that golden age was when the Aussie Dollar and US dollar were close to parity, or when the Australian dollar was even above the US dollar. It was a weird time, the mining boom was booming hard, we took holidays to Hawaii because it was relatively affordable. Oh and it also killed off what remained of our manufacturing industry.

Look at where the Aussie dollar was at in the 90s and look at the line up of BDO.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

JBP posted:

It was the only one, it did six (maybe more?) shows and it toured while bands did loads of side shows. It's probably much harder to justify getting paid for a single weekend festival that's on hours out of town and a few side shows that pay poorly rn.
It was more of a counterpoint to the fact that how the AUD is doing does not really have that much to do with music festival lineups. There is plenty of good music to go see. There is the Lookout festival north of Brisbane this weekend and I spent 3 loving seconds looking for live music happening near me.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I haven't seen OJ's cadaver. Makes you think.

At least this was resolved quickly unlike the Lindt Café siege.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

'Start hosed war' seems eerily prophetic.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So it's was just some yellow cake, then? Hardly dangerous.
It is dumb to get worked up about it however the situation is OSHA. I am not sure why anyone would keep yellowcake around but each to their own?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

JBP posted:

E: it's also tiktok populism anyway. Aus Institute released a report that removing negative gearing might reduce prices by up to 2%. Pocock WIN, we removed negative gearing! Prices only increase 4% that year.

2% is almost $19K and mean house prices in Australia. That is a significant amount of money.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

if you feel you have to like a nazi (and you shouldn't, just to be clear) why not wilhelm canaris?
John Rabe is probably a much better choice imo. The right choice is that you don't have to like a nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Lehrmann housing day.
Dumb church paying minimum service speed.