Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm too sick to deal with reading all that so let's start over.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I doubt the LNP will lose. They have spent millions on this election whereas Labor have only spent thousands.

I don't know why but Labor always runs dead in BCC elections. My highest expectation is the Greens become official opposition.

My wildcard guess is Sri or Labor win Lord Mayor off preferences but only 60% of BCC voters actually allocate preferences from the 2020 election so it's basically a liberal monopoly with what is essentially a fptp system doing it's magic for conservatives.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

lih posted:

labor's actually been spending nearly as much as the lnp according to the official disclosures, though you certainly wouldn't know it outside a few wards like northgate? they're certainly not trying very hard in general

i don't think lnp will lose mayor but they might lose control of council if it's a good day for the greens, who will gain a few wards at minimum, and may propel labor into winning a few via preferences. there's also a few close lnp/labor wards that labor may be able to pick up despite their lacklustre campaign. i have to assume labor likes to have an lnp council as a scapegoat and doesn't think anything council does really matters.

near-certain greens gains:
walter-taylor
paddington

likely greens gain:
coorparoo

possible greens gain:
central

very likely either greens or labor gain, more likely labor:
enoggera

possible labor gains:
northgate
calamvale
marchant

then on a really bad night for the lnp you might see a ward like holland park fall (to either labor or greens, more likely labor), and there's a miniscule chance pullenvale works out for the greens, but i don't expect it to be a really bad night for the lnp, only sort of bad?
The polling done indicated a 10 percent swing to the greens for lord Mayor but it's come off Labor rather than the LNP.

Most polling done still has Schrinner on 40 to 45%

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Climate change is about to kill everyone but Albo has his airpods in and is about to cross a busy road and the CEO of an oil company is speeding down that road using Tesla's self drive features.

How do you stop climate change????

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

And caving to 4wd owners

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

They keep thinking that out duttoning Dutton will make them escape the high court and they didn't anticipate that Dutton would just use the senate and the Greens to stop them long enough for the high court to bite them in the rear end.

All this over a gay Iranian who doesn't want to be deported back to Iran to his death, by the way and Labor wants this bill so they can forcefully deport him to his death regardless of his objections then place a travel ban on Iran so they can automatically send back fleeing Iranians to their death.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It is weird

The Coalition can be forced to be socially progressive but will naturally be Conservative if no movements occur

Labor will willingly be socially conservative and because they are perceived to be socially progressive anyway by the public and media at large they won't take any progressive actions in order to avoid being attacked.

Indeed they will act conservative in order to anticipate criticism of being too progressive.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor is going to win the next election because people are mostly okay with voting for what Albanese is. A status quo government.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Drug dealers on bikes using bike paths and flinging their paid deliveries into the baskets of bikes of buyers passing in the opposite direction.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hell yeah i get to wear layers in Brisbane.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Maybe even a jacket

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The crazy thing about Boonta Vista is the podcast alone earns 20k per month.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

They sell merch and go on other podcasts and such so it wouldn't surprise me if each host earns a healthy amount.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Bigger fish than Plibersek have been rolled but yeah there isn't a hatred of her.

Given the rubber stamping she has done on approving some very controversial gas projects...

She should have a hatred.

That said she also did just knock one back...

Maybe they didn't donate to Labor enough.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Former ABC and Nine political editor Chris Uhlmann has joined Sky News Australia as an analyst and regular contributor.

He will appear on Peta Credlin’s program

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not a coalition shill i swear I'm a good Olde ABC journalist!

*Signs sky News contract*

The ABC is a nest of woke

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Scott Morrison has travelled to New Zealand to urge them to build nuclear power plants in order to align with a future Dutton government the ABC reports

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

are you ok anidav? you seem to be posting from 12 days ago

I am permanently the April fool

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I cannot believe how much of the press pack last night repeated some variation of the question regarding if police thought it was Hamas.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

lol the original source for the cohen fake news was the aussie cossack

i don't even know what to say anymore this is clown world. a world of clowns

Any journalist who uses twitter as a primary source should be shot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Can the government just build a giant skyscraper and give everyone a room.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.anzacsquare.qld.gov.au/virtual-veterans?cid=

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I did not probate hooman.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

can we shame you for something else?

Sure.

I failed to cook a hamburger, ate it thinking it was cooked and realised the middle was kinda pink halfway through.

Thought she will be right mate and kept eating.

Now I have a case of the endless farts and i hope i do not die.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Watching Labor Left darling Steven Miles implement LNP crime policy on the run is giving me extremely :shepface: vibes.

Yes you may lose this next election to a gold coast real estate agent but i don't think copying his tough on crime positions is going to fix things.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The opposition leader tells Ferguson he could save billions from the budget bottom line by cutting public servant jobs.

"The government's employed 36,000 more public servants in Canberra at a cost of $24 billion over four years," he says.

"The entire defence force is made up of 58,000 men and women."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ABC and guardian live blog, Dutton wants to fund nuclear power plants by cutting 40bil from the public service.