Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I'm confused. Is our 'founding document' actually that important? Most Aussies are barely literate, how much stock are they putting in a piece of paper that barely tells us how to run a company.

Secondly, Recoome is black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Bucky has a point. If we set up a honeypot trap for the billionaires we can introduce more of them to Mr Guillotines and then gut their superyatchts for parts.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

I'm not sure Bucky's idea is total trash, but I'm also not sure he's thought it through properly. The problem with ultra billionaires is they horde poo poo, they're not spending money here. If anything, they'll waste our money by forcing us to medievac their rear end off their boats and spread police all over so they don't have to see poor people.

Take the similar idea, but set up more modern moorings for Cruise ships in a ring around Australia. Bigger and better then the ones we've got now. Pour some of that tax money into tourism dollars and set up a rotating ring of Cruise ships that target the moderately wealthy. Rich enough to bleed them for their cash, but not rich enough to know how to horde it in the Caymans.

You revitalise a bunch of regional towns, provide jobs of all sorts, and we don't have to worry about setting up ridiculous spaces to moor one guys boat.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

If we don't let them block roads in protest, they're going to start bombing poo poo.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

I had this book idea where climate protestors had set up an unknown number of bombs on random peoples cars, and start the day by exploding a bunch of them during peak hour. It's like Extinction Rebellion on steroids, but they're so angry they're indiscriminately telling the populace to go gently caress themselves. And if their demands aren't met, more poo poo explodes. The city grinds to a standstill as everyone is too terrified to drive to work. It was going to be a thriller/mystery kind of thing with a climate bent on it. I think I'll change the book so the villain is a fat guy going 'Why are they blowing up the workers cars, we're not the problem here! This is just red flag operation to get public support onside for more oil!"

But the true villain is that it actually was Gina Rinehart and her mining cronies all along.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

You're all missing the obvious solution to ALL of these problems. Hovercraft. No need for bike paths if everyone's using a personal hovercraft. Need somewhere for a ferry to dock? You know what doesn't need to dock? A hovercraft. Oh no, don't have a venue for your music festival? Just get a hundred hovercraft and tie them together out in the sea, no need to pay for the venue, no need to get 100,000 toilets. Just poo poo in the sea.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Bucky Fullminster posted:

They are famously dropping left and right, to the point where it’s a pretty big news story, and yes unless you like metal there isn’t really anything.

I think the children are alright, it’s the promoters who are getting it wrong by failing to provide a sustainable offering.

And a bunch of other kings like Aussie dollar and cost of living.

So they need to take a look at how the metal bands are running things and copy their methods.

Also, hovercraft can easily be electric. You can even put solar panels over the skirts.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Oh its going to be bad when the bubble bursts isnt it

Depends where you're standing I suppose.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

EoinCannon posted:

I heard that the way atomic level stuff is taught at the basic level is all wrong but it aids in understanding so they just keep using it.

As a person who teaches this stuff. Yeah, that's it exactly. If I tried to explain probability and electrons existing as standing harmonic wave then my students heads would melt.

I think people in here are overestimating just how much the Channel 7 crony had access to cocaine and good hookers, Bruce probably got a bag of plaster dust and a toothless meth addict who kept offering handjobs outside the car wash.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

In one of PTerry's science books, he described education as deliberately teaching things wrong, but wrong in such a way that you could move to the next level of education where things would be taught slightly less wrong.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I think a lot of confusion comes from people not understand what a model is. It's not the actual thing guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

When I was a kid you were encouraged to carry a knife around. It's weird that they don't want you doing that now.

Also, anyone concerned about cost of living who looks at the Liberals as their saviour deserves what they get.