Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress.

Anime Dave, is this the good place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

So the Australian Psychological Society planned to rebrand to Psychology Australia, which is a name more fitting for a peak body in the year 2024. Unfortunately despite being the organisation for psychologists, we didn't follow our own rules and had to put the rebrand on hold because we forgot to do proper stakeholder consultation. We did everything else but actually get people on board.

This cost just shy of 300k, money well spent

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

do it on my face posted:

really earning that consultant fee

supporting australian business mate, albo would be proud

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Captain Theron posted:

Wtf, did he lock his own thread? This was a wild afternoon. I hope you're proud of yourself Recoome, driving that poor racist to adopt the racist position he wanted to support anyway.

I’m sorry

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hambeet posted:

Bucky supporting click bait methods. You hate to see it.

‘One man designed a cycling super highway, but you won’t believe what happened next!!!’

And I would've finished that Super Highway, if it wasn't for that dastardly Cycling Australia!!!!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Last time we almost had a meltdown was the 'read theory' guy a couple months back, but he's actually turned out to be pretty cool now that he's chilled out a little.

We all have our poo poo phase, some never leave (me)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

trickle down bike paths

evaluation of hypothetical bike helmets

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

not because it's a dictionary, mind you.

because it's from oxford.

Stamford University alumni spotted

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

They weren't going to start counting preferences until today anyway - good showing regardless by the Greens, the ALP should take note (they won't)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeast posted:

Extinction Rebellion protestors had their sentences increased on appeal.

Lol democracy

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I guess protests by definition are disruptive, sad day when Victoria ends up being like Queensland when it was illegal to protest.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Tbh those union protests are big inconvenience, we should really clamp down on that poo poo.

I was late to a meeting once due to union protests in Brisbane, wish they’d think about the people needing to get around rather than protesting about whatever it was (unsafe worksites)

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Honestly just say that you support using the law to crack down on protests/protesters you don’t like. Hope it doesn’t get used on the ones you do!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The Aldi truffle chips own bones

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

I said they're doing antics to impress the other three people back at the xr clubhouse. They're not a group that respects or speaks to normal people experiencing day to day concerns.

Anyway I'm not sure what that has to do with people prioritising housing and economic security as an election issue. Climate just isn't going to cut through the financial distress right now. It's a luxury item.

Should come to the Northern Rivers if you want to see the impacts of climate change.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Big shock that a big piece of poo poo worked for 7 and Sky.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Megabound posted:

Is that true? Do you have to tip in Sydney now? If so burn it down.

Sydney is a tip so it checks out.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-08/tertiary-education-union-federation-university-redundancy-plans/103680816

This will be the first of many. Basically all unis are operating in an unsustainable mode - turns out years of corporatisation and lack of support from all sides of politics has ramifications.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Aware posted:

Maybe we can close the border to Qld for a decade or two.

Completely agree, we’ve got enough blow ins from the southern states to last us a lifetime.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Captain Theron posted:

loving got him

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

This is what we call “doing a BRS”

the BRS manoeuvre.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

JBP posted:

BRS is Steve Caballero to BL's Tony Hawk imo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

shame JBP can’t negatively gear themselves out of being a bad poster

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

I feel like we’re witnessing the metamorphosis of a union organiser into a liberal voting landlord in real time

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Thank you for your service Rigel in defending the ~e-honoure~ of notable rapist Bruce Lehrmann

Anidav posted:

Sure.

I failed to cook a hamburger, ate it thinking it was cooked and realised the middle was kinda pink halfway through.

Thought she will be right mate and kept eating.

Now I have a case of the endless farts and i hope i do not die.

lmao the sins of the other mods come to roost

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

Apparently the ALP are claiming their HECS reforms are cost of living relief, but as far as I can tell the rate you repay at a given level of income is unchanged so I'm not sure what difference it makes.

Really being hard on the ALP here, none of those politicians would’ve had to pay a HECS debt so they can’t be expected to know how this all works!!!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hooman posted:

hmmmm..

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

And for a brief shining moment, a whole stack of people made some money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hooman posted:

I missed this somehow, but no surprises Albo from government housing has grown up into a loving landlord.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-16/albanese-tenant-blindisded-eviction-notice-rental-cost-of-living/103854966

Gosh, I wonder why this oval office had to be dragged screaming and kicking by the Greens into doing *anything* about housing affordability.

Albanese also made a gaff on Hack where he said he also knew how hard it was to be a young person growing up in social housing with free university while the cost of housing to wages was more reasonable.

Absolutely tone deaf poo poo