Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

gay picnic defence posted:

Is there anywhere to actually put new schools in those areas? Wouldn’t nearly all the land already be used for other poo poo?

we have options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

EoinCannon posted:

A mate of mine jaywalked dangerously while pissed, a car had to show down cos he was walking in its path. They were plainclothes cops and they jumped out and told him to get in the car. He wasn't looking at the car and didn't see them get out or twig that they were cops. He pulled away from them and they got extendable batons out and beat the absolute piss out of him. Bruises all over his face and body, swollen eyes etc. He got charged and had to go to court for fighting the cops but the judge let him off. Ethical standards interviewed me. One of the cops went on to bash several other people and his missus and was transferred away from Ballarat.

Mate was being a dickhead but you can't go around, unidentified, snatching and bashing people

lol good ol' catholic church model.

i was on a jury for a cop who raped and assaulted another cop (guilty on 5 counts; the system works), and the one news article i saw about the sentencing (five years, min 3) mentioned that he'd already been done several years before (but not convicted) for sexual assault on another cop in a completely different state, and he was subsequently transferred to victoria.

vindicated our verdict, but i mean, come on.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
if you're pissed off and inconvenienced by a couple hours of traffic, imagine how annoying and inconvenient the collapse of civilisation will be

i think that's the idea, anyway. in practice, 99.999% of people are only ever going to actionably care about what's right in front of their face at any given time; climate stuff is still too much of an abstract problem for australians

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Good news for anyone who thought the disinformation article was too long to read and suggested an audio version, it’s now in podcast form. This episode skips the ancient history stuff and gets right into who started pizzagate etc.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-dirt-unit/id1701913743?i=1000649956511

thank you, this is much easier not to consume

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

the housing crisis is driving me to despair.

is "despair" one of those new housing estates 50km+ from the cbd

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you can go to music festivals in fortnite

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the paper's author:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
this judge thinks he's pretty clever doesn't he

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
we need a total and complete shutdown of sydney until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

EoinCannon posted:

This has come around a few times, apparently the person told him to use it like that and he thought it was odd but did it anyway :shrug:

why don't you marry him if you love him so much

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
how about we argue about all the potential ways of addressing the housing crisis for another few political terms.

then, when we're done with that, we can enact none of them, except for another price-juicing first homebuyer incentive.

then repeat that process in perpetuity. anyone complains, look mate just compare what we've got to somewhere really lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
good news; we're not reforming either of them

e. everyone who matters politically is balls deep on property. nothing will be changed to impact these people negatively.

i'm not going to write a bucky-esque post about it, but the way i see it, the only way out is some sort of parallel ownership system, like the freehold model or something similar. i think nightingale folks are doing this locally; on a tiny scale, but there's lots of interest.

you basically need to carve out a separate, fairer system so that you don't touch the politically protected existing structure. although that probably still fails immediately since you're tied to the same fatally compromised planning and construction regime as everyone else.

Mola Yam fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 23, 2024