Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Autisanal Cheese posted:

shouldn't be surprised that "progressive no" turned into mask-off racism in record time

was he really the guy behind poo poo Towns of Australia or was that just a throwaway comment

Old post but he was reposting them (from Facebook I guess) nobody thought he was behind them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

in case you were wondering whose fault it is the liberals fail to preselect women in winnable seats:

it's the gays

The gays? I knew it was them. Even when it was the misogynists I knew it was them.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

webmeister posted:

If you can, go to Aldi instead. Their Blackstone brand of not-Kettle-and-definitely-not-Red-Rock-Deli-either of flavoured chips tastes basically the same (and I'm pretty sure is made in the same factory), and they're usually $3.50 for a 200g packet.

Hell yeah, also +1 for Aldi's Sprinters Salt and Vinegar

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SecretOfSteel posted:

Also, good luck to Linda Reynolds defamation suit against Brittany Higgins. Suing a victim of rape, that was in your office, and that you called a lying cow. Trifecta of self-owns please.

The Guardian had a list of the cases arising from this whole shitshow and the amount of "Reynolds v" was impressive

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Get 'em Murray

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SecretOfSteel posted:

Would it be possible for the Government to step in and explicitly set and control rent (through whatever formula), but just have some way of ensuring that people can afford a house and both live and save for the future. It can't go on without becoming a wrecking ball through hopes for any long term social stability. Even from the ultra-precious economic standpoint its loving poo poo up.

loving landlords/real estate agents won't be happy until they wring every drop of blood out.

Greens have called for a rent freeze for two years previously, didn't get through. Government can certainly put some controls on rents, Labor and LNP don't want to

https://greens.org.au/housing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Saw a printed out A4 sign the other day saying CASH IS KING and it's like, why do these motherfuckers think anyone is going to get rid of hard currency. WHY

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

hooman posted:

Because the more they can remove hard currency the more people can insert themselves as middlemen charging fees for transactions.

Our entire banking system is backed by hard currency/gold/whatever and that's not going away any time soon

JBP posted:

Cash is good for not paying taxes I suppose, but I still have to pay for a bank account and electronic is cheaper than paying $2 to withdraw cash.

For sure

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

freebooter posted:

We haven't been on the gold standard for more than 100 years and IIRC the figure of money that actually exists as physical cash in any industrialised country is like 10%

hooman posted:

Uhhh, I'm not a real bank head so I can be corrected here, but I'm pretty sure it isn't and hasn't been for quite a while. Even the RBA's gold reserves haven't changed since '97.

Wow I'm really out of touch, I thought Die Hard 3 was a documentary, clearly

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I thought his church believed depression and anxiety were the devil?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SecretOfSteel posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-29/albanese-plays-down-claim-lied-women-rally-invitation-to-speak/103778800

Good job Albo and great timing.

Got up at the the rally against gender violence and told the crowd he wasn't invited to speak, organisers of the rally got pissed because they say was invited, Albo dismisses it as "comments on an emotional day".

There goes women being emotional again and not being able to remember what really happened! At a rally against gender violence (male violence that is).

loving. Idiot.

This is dumb as gently caress on Albanese's part but if Morrison or Abbott were still in charge they wouldn't rock up at all, so progress?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I was going to say "good" but Channel 7 must have a shithead quota to maintain:

e: misread, the West Australian is getting Dore

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

EoinCannon posted:

*edit* some of the useful stuff they could legislate could end up changing the role of the cops and maybe they're scared off pissing them off

That is 100% where any conversation on this stuff should START. Women aren't comfortable going to the police for numerous reasons, including multiple cases of cops breaching restraining orders to let violent ex-partners know where they're currently living.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lucy Zelic doing a solid public audition for any potential Sky After Dark sports show.

Vocal support for Sydney Ustase FC
Terf brain melt
Yelling about globalists

https://x.com/lucyzelic/status/1785202755273179619

:stonk:

Holy gently caress am I not reading all that garbage

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Morning all, time to wake up and check what folks are saying about the budget...

lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Love the right-wing commentariat focusing on 1.5m for "woke" poo poo when right in the middle of the budget is 700b+ for defence over the next ten years