Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Z Fighters
GOKU
VEGETA
GOHAN
PICCOLO
KRILLIN
TIEN
YAMCHA
View Results

Esc Ctrl PgUp
Jan 1, 2023

Bro came in here to hate on Goku. Mad disrespect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Edward Mass posted:

68? Dang, that's too young.

he couldn’t even get old enough to be nice, what a fail

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Gasmask posted:

Goku dead, so what

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
:goku: :smith: :goku:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Goku is a good example of how hard work, self improvement and persistence pays off, and is a bad example for a father.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

…we’re gonna wish him back!

WHO’S WITH ME???

You can't have my dragonball! That's grandpa!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Caesar Saladin posted:

Goku is a good example of how hard work, self improvement and persistence pays off, and is a bad example for a father.

I'm dead! Sorry pregnant wife.

But Goku we can bring you back to life!

"...Nah."

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I mean it's not that surprising. Dragon Ball revels in the gender binary. Men are Muscle Men and Women are Curvy Women and the people in-between are villains or joke characters. So yeah Goku is super popular in every culture where men view themselves as traditionally masculine. Which is a lot of the world.

lmao

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
op you forgot to add “goku pants” to the poll

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

So yeah Goku is super popular in every culture where men view themselves as traditionally masculine children enjoy watching cartoon characters kicking the poo poo out of each other

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

imagine missign the point any harder than strangersinthenight

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

imagine missign the point any harder than strangersinthenight

probably just an alpha, they think differently or so i’m told

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Grey Cat posted:

"...Nah."

dude comes back to life, sees a new son and never speaks to him again

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I mean it's not that surprising. Dragon Ball revels in the gender binary. Men are Muscle Men and Women are Curvy Women and the people in-between are villains or joke characters. So yeah Goku is super popular in every culture where men view themselves as traditionally masculine. Which is a lot of the world.

Yeah, but it doesn't make a bit of difference because the balls are inert.

Esc Ctrl PgUp
Jan 1, 2023

Grey Cat posted:

"...Nah."
IN DEFENSE OF GOKU: He did say his presence constantly endangered everyone, dips out for 7 years peacefully, then the second he reappears Vegeta throws a fit and gets Majin Buu spawned.

Grey Cat posted:

Yeah, but it doesn't make a bit of difference because the balls are inert.
Wait did you check your other pants pocket?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Linoleum Mushroom posted:

IN DEFENSE OF GOKU: He did say his presence constantly endangered everyone, dips out for 7 years peacefully, then the second he reappears Vegeta throws a fit and gets Majin Buu spawned.

Goku just wanted to fight the strongest people that have already died from all of space and time. It wasn't until he found out that the strongest people are currently alive that he wanted to be alive again. Only Toriyama could write that.

Esc Ctrl PgUp
Jan 1, 2023

pixaal posted:

Goku just wanted to fight the strongest people that have already died from all of space and time. It wasn't until he found out that the strongest people are currently alive that he wanted to be alive again. Only Toriyama could write that.
Being a deadbeat dad with no consequences is the real power fantasy DBZ fulfills.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Piccolo isn't Gohan's step dad, he's Gohan's dad that stepped up.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I didn’t even watch Dragonball at any point despite being the prime age for it and I’m weeping fat tears seeing how strongly Toriyama’s work impacted people and culture.

There’s an old Sakura Wars stage show where Luffy’s VA sings “Stone Monkey” and while that’s very roundabout I’m gonna listen to it in respect anyway

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Caesar Saladin posted:

On the first comment; I’ve known so many dudes who are not anime fans, but they are Dragonball fans. And it’s because they resonate with Goku as a symbol of pushing past barriers and becoming your best self. My one dude does competitive power lifting wearing a dragonball shirt.

On the second comment; Toriyama gave all of us with absent fathers in our real lives Piccolo. I know a ton of people that love that character as an icon of a surrogate father figure. The most recent movie brought him and Gohan back together in a spectacular way and it was great.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Woku

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm gonna pour one out for a real one tonight.

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/dragon-ball-z-reeses-puffs-cereal/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Linux Pirate posted:

What if we get all the dragon balls?

:rip: to a real one
when the creator of the dragon balls dies, so too do the dragon balls.

This is very not surprising, most of the big names in manga die young. The stress of working so hard but being totally sedentary destroys the body. Osamu Tezuka died at loving 60.

Guess we'll never know what happens to Goku in the end. Does he ever become Super Saiyan 34???
he didn't die from "natural causes", he fell and hit his head and that was that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

when the creator of the dragon balls dies, so too do the dragon balls.

he didn't die from "natural causes", he fell and hit his head and that was that.

Only reason you can't be revived is natural causes, it's why Trunks time traveled, his Goku died of heart disease and couldn't be revived. I'm saying there's still a chance.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

when I was eight, my friends and I stayed up all night watching the Buu saga. when I was 18, my friends and I stayed up all night watching DBZ Abridged. when I was 28, my friends and I stayed up all night watching DBS: Broly

I don't know what we'll be watching when I'm 38, but I know Goku will, as always, be among my friends

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Linoleum Mushroom posted:

I found out from a now deleted engagement bait tweet saying he deserved it.

RIP

wtf lol

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I got dragged to see the newer Broly movie by a very enthusiastic friend of mine. I was sure my time with Dragonball was long past. Seeing that in theaters is in my top five movie going experiences of all time. It’s a twenty minute set up to an hour long fight scene and it’s completely pedal to the floor the entire time. The soundtrack is just these huge taiko drums rhythms interspersed with screaming the names of the characters. The whole crowd was going pig poo poo hog wild. If you have a chance to see it in a theater full of fans take it.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I always liked how he based one of his most evil characters, Frieza, on unscrupulous real estate speculators.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Goku is an example of hard work and effort letting you transcend your limits...as long as you are genetically gifted to have transcendable limits. Krillin took the correct route of locking down someone way out of his league in every conceivable category.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lt. Cock posted:

I got dragged to see the newer Broly movie by a very enthusiastic friend of mine. I was sure my time with Dragonball was long past. Seeing that in theaters is in my top five movie going experiences of all time. It’s a twenty minute set up to an hour long fight scene and it’s completely pedal to the floor the entire time. The soundtrack is just these huge taiko drums rhythms interspersed with screaming the names of the characters. The whole crowd was going pig poo poo hog wild. If you have a chance to see it in a theater full of fans take it.

GO BROLY GO GO
GO BROLY GO GO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8mLdsbTCkA

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Hope he is having fun with king Kai in heaven.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Extra Large Marge posted:

I always liked how he based one of his most evil characters, Frieza, on unscrupulous real estate speculators.

loving nailed it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SettingSun posted:

Goku is an example of hard work and effort letting you transcend your limits...as long as you are genetically gifted to have transcendable limits. Krillin took the correct route of locking down someone way out of his league in every conceivable category.

Truly it was a show filled with role models.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Chrono trigger was really good

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

listen son, if you wanted to troll the thread Mr Popo is right there

get outta here with that weak poo poo

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
No TRUNKS poll option, and people thinking you can wish someone back who died of natural causes? This isn’t a Toriyama fan thread. Gas.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

bossy lady posted:

Chrono trigger was really good

My favorite game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
drat I met a dude in rehab a few years ago who had a Vegeta tattoo and said he was planning to name his kid Trunks I hope he doesnt relapse over this