Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Z Fighters
GOKU
VEGETA
GOHAN
PICCOLO
KRILLIN
TIEN
YAMCHA
View Results

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I mean it's not that surprising. Dragon Ball revels in the gender binary. Men are Muscle Men and Women are Curvy Women and the people in-between are villains or joke characters. So yeah Goku is super popular in every culture where men view themselves as traditionally masculine. Which is a lot of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjTSluMuCxo&t=135s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Hell yeah

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I mean it's not that surprising. Dragon Ball revels in the gender binary. Men are Muscle Men and Women are Curvy Women and the people in-between are villains or joke characters. So yeah Goku is super popular in every culture where men view themselves as traditionally masculine. Which is a lot of the world.

lol is that redtext new

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

This is some real Yamcha posting.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Can everyone stop responding to that dipshit and talk about how cool Goku is instead

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Work hard, study well, and eat and sleep plenty! That is the Turtle Hermit way! 

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Lt. Cock posted:

Can everyone stop responding to that dipshit and talk about how cool Goku is instead

*13 yr old me, in computer club, googling Goku SSJ+highest number*
"Sick"

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Rest easy in the next dimension

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Goku is cool, and my friend.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

His character designs are amazing but his vehicles, machines, and robot designs are somehow even more amazing than that

:agreed:

New Sandland game looks dope.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Also the daughter of mister satan (ruler and multitime savior of the universe) himself, Videl.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Okay there's a bunch of Dragonball games on sale on steam, which one should I buy and why? I've only played Xenoverse.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Everybody needs to try and do a Kamehameha today. We all tried it as kids, lets not kid ourselves, maybe we just weren't strong enough to do it yet.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Androids 17 and 18 pretty much shoot this argument to poo poo, and I'm sure I could find other examples if you were worth my time. Now go find another thread to poo poo up, because we're in here mourning a loving legend.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Ville Valo posted:

No TRUNKS poll option, and people thinking you can wish someone back who died of natural causes? This isn’t a Toriyama fan thread. Gas.

It's funny you should say that, I actually was seriously considering putting Trunks in, but then I would feel compelled to put Goten in, and I wanted to keep it at seven because of the seven Dragon Balls.

Also lmao that Yamcha isn't at the very bottom of the poll.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

This is Zarbon erasure

This really sucks though. His art style was utterly unique. RIP dude.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We have female Broly now

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

be less weird in honor of toriyama please

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
rip to the man who made dragon quest what it is + gave us dr. slump. this next bowl's for you sensei

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

pixaal posted:

Okay there's a bunch of Dragonball games on sale on steam, which one should I buy and why? I've only played Xenoverse.

If you like fighting games pick up FighterZ. They just implemented rollback netcode.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
This man once sat down with a pencil and paper and was like "Okay, time to create Magus now."

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

A Fancy Hat posted:

I just started re-reading Dragon Ball a few weeks ago and have been blown away by some of his designs. Every chapter there's some new car or plane or boat he's drawing. They all look like they could work in real life and they all look cool as hell.

https://gizmodo.com/akira-toriyama-mechanical-design-dragon-ball-sand-land-1851320681

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pixaal posted:

Dragon Ball Fighter Z, it's so fast and beautifully animated that getting your rear end handed to you while you flail mashing buttons is still fun

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
yay i got 69th vote for goku

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

shame on an IGA posted:

Dragon Ball Fighter Z, it's so fast and beautifully animated that getting your rear end handed to you while you flail mashing buttons is still fun

It’s crazy that it’s like a five year old game now too. They really knocked it out the park with a graphical style that is gonna stand the test of time.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Not joking when I say DBZ probably changed my life and got me into lifting/working out. RIP.

We have all tried to go super saiyan

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Dragon Quest (Warrior) was like the OG thing that got me into computers and tech and fantasy and everything back in the 80s.

This one actually hurts real bad. loving sucks, man.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

Not joking when I say DBZ probably changed my life and got me into lifting/working out. RIP.

We have all tried to go super saiyan

i have heard/read this a lot actually and dbz has made a positive impact in so many peoples lives in this way

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

I met a guy who had his first name legally changed to Goku but still had a normal whitebread last name

like Goku Wilson except it wasn't Wilson

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ville Valo posted:

No TRUNKS poll option, and people thinking you can wish someone back who died of natural causes? This isn’t a Toriyama fan thread. Gas.

You can. The dragon balls give two wishes:

Wish one: I wish for Akira Toriyama from one hour before he had an accident resulting in his death to be safely transported here to the present
Wish two: I wish Akira Toriyama immortal.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
https://twitter.com/springbris/status/1766160747262800098

open the entire image

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
whoops double post

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Three pages without a single “dragon deez balls across your face”.

I’m proud of you GBS :unsmith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

drilldo squirt posted:

Hope he is having fun with king Kai in heaven.

Did they ever bring King Kai back to life after Goku blew him up?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Captain Invictus posted:

he didn't die from "natural causes", he fell and hit his head and that was that.

loving subdural hematoma.

The creator of Goku went out the same exact way as Bob Saget. Died of a loving head bump. gently caress. :(

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I. M. Gei posted:

Did they ever bring King Kai back to life after Goku blew him up?

No lmao. He stays dead all the way into Super

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
One of the nicest things I've seen today is just how many people (not just professional artists) shared sentiments along the line of 'His work is the reason I got into drawing.' Anything from people just learning from copying off of a paused TV screen to full-fledged professionals. I'm sure that's pretty much the biggest compliment an artist could hope for :unsmith:.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SettingSun posted:

No lmao. He stays dead all the way into Super

I always liked how being dead made no functional difference except they now had a halo over their head

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Away all Goats posted:

I always liked how being dead made no functional difference except they now had a halo over their head

Don't you become unrecoverable if you die with a halo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

pixaal posted:

Don't you become unrecoverable if you die with a halo?

One of the quiet nightmares is that yes, dying while dead will just erase you from existence the same as a Hakai would, which made Vegeta fighting Buu to let Goku charge the bomb a genuinely tense and terrifying act