Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Well, if you're town then good job being right about some people and extremely wrong about me. If you're scum, all of your posturing is fake and I'm actually amazing. Either way you're the shmuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

If you're town tho we probably win so like I'm not mad

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Also if you're town(aka Anarc scum) then you have no reason to call my gameplay bad because I confirmed a town and we ended up winning

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

In hindsight calling me the Gambitting Andy or whatever was probably a scum slip, as it is tantamount to calling me town. Earlier he said I am scum pretending to pull the gambit, but later when I questioned his reads post he said he rescinds suspicion on me because something I did was explained by being a Gambitting Andy. That part was where he accidentally thought of me as town

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

YPM taking such a long time to give short blase replies shows he's not as casual as he's pretending. He is putting on an act

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Johnny Keats posted:

YPM taking such a long time to give short blase replies shows he's not as casual as he's pretending. He is putting on an act

What are you talking about? I’m posting while I’m drafting a Reply to a Motion to Dismiss ya dingus, I’m not F5ing

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

So? I was at work that whole time

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Good on Anarc for convincing me she's town if it's not you bro.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

(Even though she would still lose the game)

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Johnny Keats posted:

Good on Anarc for convincing me she's town if it's not you bro.

They

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I was excited to see you posted :negative:

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Thanks though

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

:glomp:

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

YPM, in the interest of winning this game I want to come to some agreement with you on the chance that you are town. First, I do not trust Pmuzz, Hal, and Cpig to seriously consider you for scum after my death if they have not already listened to my words while I'm alive. So I am not comfortable dying and leaving fate in the hands of you not being scum after all. I need something that will be acceptable to you in the case where you're town, but also not endanger town's chances if you are scum.

That leaves voting Anarc today, and I would like to find some way to convince you of that.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Cpig, who is already confirmed town, can declare preemptively that he will target me tonight. That puts scum in a bind, especially if it's me. Think about it. Try to find any way I could possibly weasel my way out of death after a no-kill happens. I pride myself on being able to talk myself out of anything, but that is not a situation I would even allow myself to be in. I don't see a way out for me, if I'm scum in this plan.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Johnny Keats posted:

YPM, in the interest of winning this game I want to come to some agreement with you on the chance that you are town. First, I do not trust Pmuzz, Hal, and Cpig to seriously consider you for scum after my death if they have not already listened to my words while I'm alive. So I am not comfortable dying and leaving fate in the hands of you not being scum after all. I need something that will be acceptable to you in the case where you're town, but also not endanger town's chances if you are scum.

That leaves voting Anarc today, and I would like to find some way to convince you of that.

My inclination is to vote Anarc

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Your Personal Muse posted:

My inclination is to vote Anarc

Oh, that was suspiciously easy.

But the only way this can blow up in my face is if there's 2 scum, and if you then WITH WHO? It would need to be GF Pmuzz which would be just about the single rudest thing that could possibly be the case

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Johnny Keats posted:

Oh, that was suspiciously easy.

But the only way this can blow up in my face is if there's 2 scum, and if you then WITH WHO? It would need to be GF Pmuzz which would be just about the single rudest thing that could possibly be the case

If it makes you feel better, you didn’t convince me, I just don’t like their claim.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I did not think I had convinced you that easily, but I don't care the reason

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Ugh, I found a hole in my plan. Jugg is still an unaccounted for action on the list that could exist. So even if there is a kill, I can be blamed.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry I know my claim is boring. I wish I had info that would actually be useful to town but I don't.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I really wish the trio of confirmed towns were talking AT ALL

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It would help me if you thought about which of Anarc and YPM you think are more likely to be scum if you pre-flip me as town cop

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I mean, what I should ask is, do you have no shred of doubt about YPM being town after all I've said?

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I have repeatedly gone over why bussing AFQM after day 2 could have been a course of action a reasonable scum team decided on. After bussing one and gaining the trust of pretty much all the town, why not TM too when we weren't even guaranteed to follow him there?

On day 3 when he claimed his results on AFQM, YPM's assumption that his result was basically a cop because flavor must matter *that much* was coming on really drat strong for a mere flavorcop, don't you think?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Fun fact: AFQM is Lex Luther (yes I figured out my role)

Hal, let’s whip the scum into shape

##vote AFQM

And at this pretty vague nothing of a catch, AFQM (who *is* scum and Lex Luther, and knows that this is a real result) opts to lie about their flavor, which leaves only a nearly-impossible busdriver option (seeing as this was just after N2 and a busdriver wouldn't know their role)

Yeah scum is unpredictable, blah blah blah, but AFQM's behavior was not that of scum who was remotely trying to survive. They folded instantly into a thunderdome situation (because again, redirect or anything else was practically off the table as a possibility) before any details about YPM's result were out. And AFQM had every reason to believe that flavor was irrelevant to alignment. They had plenty of reason to think some towns had suspicious flavors too if scum's were mixed, and that some would come out against YPM's logic. That didn't happen.

This line of thinking completely erases any and all reasons so far stated in thread that you think YPM is town, so please tell me why I'm wrong. I want you to approach this on the same level as me and that's where YPM is equally likely to be scum as Anarc.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'll also remind the audience that this bussing scheme leaves scum open to "flavor"cop someone else. Maybe someone who is often threatening to scum when he's town. And the very next night, Cube the town doctor just happened to be killed.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Remember when YPM mentioned that the Simpsons episode was part of the flavor he received from his result on me? For the record, he was telling the truth.

That's weird isn't it? Because that part of our role PMs with more flavor text is *after* the part that says our role name. It's hard to believe the result was constructed piecemeal like "Your target is Batman." and then on another line he pasted the extended flavor text?

No, getting extended Role PM flavor text like that is not normal procedure for a flavorcop type role. It *is* somewhat normal procedure to give a scum rolecop the entire role PM of their target, however.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Johnny Keats posted:

I really wish the trio of confirmed towns were talking AT ALL

Man it's your fault. You said it was burrito day and I am extremely suggestible when it comes to food so I ate a massive burrito and fell asleep

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Going back and reading now. I was kinda skimming and keeping up while I was in the big line but it was really overwhelming (the line, not the thread)

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Okay caught up

I'm not really sure who among Keats/YPM/ANarc is scum. I think it could be any of them. But Keats and YPM are both purportedly info roles. So we could vote out ANarc today. Then at night one of Keats/YPM gets blocked. If the other comes back to the thread with results, then the one who got blocked is scum. Though I guess that would work better to clear YPM because if Keats is a rolecop it'd be real easy for him to make up results.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Well wait we still have a roleblocker and a tracker. If we just make sure you two don't target the same person, wouldn't we basically know for sure?

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
I feel like the only way that doesn't work is if there are two scum, and one is among the two who don't get voted today and the other is one of CPig/Hal. CPig could still be scum who roleblocked the tracker, right? Hold on lemme reread why he was for sure town

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Ah right. He's cleared of last night's NK. So still on the table if there's two scum.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Right now I'm still leaning toward ANarc because they don't have a verifiable action so this is the only way for us to find out. Then if there's another scum, tomorrow we can play night action bingo.

Or YPM/CPig are scum together and the game will end

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
You can def kill me bc I'm useless. But if there are 2 scum left then it's mylo, right?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You can def kill me bc I'm useless. But if there are 2 scum left then it's mylo, right?

Exactly. It’s not super likely there are two scum, although cpig being a roleblocker certainly makes me feel it could be a bit more likely

Sorry yesterday was busy for me but I’m around all day today so I’ll put together some thoughts

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Keats, I’m really not interested in going back and forth on this because I don’t think you are actually interested in whether I’m scum (either you are scum or you don’t like the idea of someone actually being right about scum) but:

I tried to switch the votes to AFQM day 1. So you claiming I got lucky or whatever is wrong. The Lex Luthor thing was not the reason I thought they were scum, it was their posting.

I was also on TMor. I kept on TMor. When people started switching to Dans I resisted that effort.

It’s very frustrating that you are reducing my play into a single post. It’s incorrect to say that my flavorcop result is my only contribution.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Okay caught up

I'm not really sure who among Keats/YPM/ANarc is scum. I think it could be any of them. But Keats and YPM are both purportedly info roles. So we could vote out ANarc today. Then at night one of Keats/YPM gets blocked. If the other comes back to the thread with results, then the one who got blocked is scum. Though I guess that would work better to clear YPM because if Keats is a rolecop it'd be real easy for him to make up results.

I was comfortable with this guy until I remembered that there could still be a jugg kill in the game.

There's not really a back and forth, YPM, just a forth. But I've more than said my piece by now

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I understand why it would be frustrating to have your bussing seen through. I don't understand why it would he frustrating for you, as town, who knows that if scum is one of me or Anarc then you practically have no chance of losing (unless the confirmed towns turn on you, scum Anarc has no shot).

So remind me why are you frustrated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

This is all rhetorical by the way. You can choose not to reply