Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I understand that YPM doesnt want to engage with me, but he claimed his contribution to the game is more than his flavocop results.

Big citation needed there. Addressed to the towns in chat: don't take his word for granted. Go check what he contributed outside his claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Addressed to YPM: if you are so free of doubt that I'm scum then you should want to vote me over Anarc. The idea that I am pushing you as town because I'm jealous of how right you've been is something I dare you to say you seriously think

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

For the record, this is the extra bit of AFQM's flavor that YPM is claiming he also would have gotten in his results:

quote:

As the owner of Lexcorp, you own a whole lot of Metropolis. Also you run for President at some point? And while you can never be Superman, you can still boss people around. But money won't buy back your hair.

I'm not saying this makes her look definitely townie, but it also doesn't scream scum flavor. Just something else since I'm the only one in thread still digging for info

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

We have 2 flipped scum and not a single one of you is taking their posts into account right now??

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I feel like between ypm and pmuzzles, pmuzzles comes off way worse, but there really isn't a lot of YPM to go through so :shrug:

##vote PhantomMuzzles

This one is for free

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Johnny Keats posted:

We have 2 flipped scum and not a single one of you is taking their posts into account right now??

Keats I am taking all that into account, just happen to be too busy to post at the moment. Almost everyone is still on the table for me at this point

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Witnessing firsthand during a recent game how unsavvy AFQM was at avoiding implicating somebody else with their posting (bigfoot game), I think AFQM also wouldn't have been savvy enough to talk about scumbuds without giveaways. That post I quoted feels a lot like their posting about me (who was bigfoot) in bigfoot game

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Unvote

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Johnny Keats posted:

I was comfortable with this plan until I remembered that there could still be a jugg kill in the game.

There's not really a back and forth, YPM, just a forth. But I've more than said my piece by now

Super late mafia edit reading over my posts for anything I missed.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tired Moritz posted:

I think Keats has a point that if ypm is scum, they effectively did just bus a vanilla scum which is pretty worth it for towncred. A flavorcop scum sounds kinda rear end tho

Tired Moritz posted:

i guess it does make sense that fancy would lie even if its a bus. if you dont struggle, its a bit sus anyway and theres no way fancy is reaching endgame with what they did at day 2

Tired Moritz posted:

Saying I could see the case but then voting someone else is actually pretty bad because that means your words =/= actions

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It only looks like I'm spamming because nobody is posting in the 30-60 minutes between my posts, for the record

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I'm still ready to play the game when y'all are

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Thanks, I’m not ready yet. I need more positive encouragement.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm still convinced it's Keats so I'm not changing my vote

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

No offense but you are the ones I am least interested in hearing from

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That’s not positive encouragement.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Starting to look at these options.

Starting with YPM, the only thing about YPM that looks bad is AFQMs seemingly needless lying. YPM has a decent voting record, seems an unlikely scum still. Oh no results from last night also kind of sketchy, forgot about that for a bit. I’m not sure I agree on the point it think Keats was making about YPM knowing too much from the flavor he got.

I dunno, YPM feels like one of the least likely to be scum to me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If the choice was YPM or Anarc I would be going for ANarc.

ANarc had some heat early and it faded away, and they never really came back and offered much in the way of opinion. Claiming last (I think) gave them 13 roles to choose from and 1-shot used up hide is a pretty safe one.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Reading over TM isn’t instructive, Keats pointed out a couple posts that I guess were showing that TM might be aligned with YPM, but that’s kind of thin. I don’t think ANarc or Keats were mentioned much if at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pmuzz can only be scum if Keats is also scum (or there is a passive godfather role, but I don’t think that is a thing in this game). Not an impossible scenario but I can’t see voting PMuzz without having first flipped Keats so she’s basically off the table today. Two scum isn’t the most likely thing anyway

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I would much prefer to eliminate YPM today, because operating hnder the worst-case assumption that whoever we flip will be town, flipping YPM first dramatically lowers the risk of town making the wrong choice tomorrow. If we flip Anarc first and she flips town, tomorrow will be YPM vs me again and I do not have high hopes for you guys agreeing with me since the more I say about it the less you want to read what I have to say. Sorry for speaking from the heart and without editing my thoughts, I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Keats I’m like reading it all and thinking about it, and I’m sure others are too.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Okay, well in that case I'm sorry for sort of snapping at you. This day has been frustrating for a number of reasons. Not least of which is that I *know* whoever is scum is relying on the apathy of town to get me eliminated off of vibes. Both of the scum options have been acting this way.

That wouldn't be normally frustrate me, except that it is, by all appearances, working on all of you. Whoever is scum basically got ahead of my plan and trusted that it wouldn't work because I would be unable to turn around and regain town's trust in me.

If they are proven right, that is astronomically frustrating. Even more that it feels YPM will be smug as gently caress if it's him, even though by all accounts the misvoting towns would be just at fault! I'm saying that now because the idea that they will blame me for their loss after misvoting me is contributing to my frustration

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I will also say that if YPM does turn out to he scum then I have mo regrets claiming when I did, nor claiming in such a way that I stayed alive this long after. And if Anarc is scum, as I have repeated, I think we will win. So I have no reason to regret my actions

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I haven't defended myself against the accusation of being scum yet in all these words, but I *would* like to direct attention to my day 3 because I'm not that stupid. "Too scum to be scum" is a thing yeah, but it's still something we should be considering. There is more nuance than "Keats pushed against scum". It was Keats openly sticking his neck out to push a dead case against a caught scum.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

*by "against" I meant pushing a case against the case on caught scum

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Wow I tried to find if/when TMor voted for AFQM that day but there is literally no record of day 3 votes

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

That really sucks, actually

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

That's -1.

Votecount for Day 3

AFancyQuestionMark (5): CubicalSucrose, Your Personal Muse, CubicalSucrose, Hal Incandenza, PhantomMuzzles, Dans Macabre, CubicalSucrose
Your Personal Muse (2): AFancyQuestionMark, Dans Macabre, Dans Macabre, Johnny Keats
Johnny Keats (1): AnonymousNarcotics

Not Voting (3): CapitalistPig, MockingQuantum, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 31st, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 17 hours, 9 minutes.

Thanks Cube for pasting this!! Votefinder itself couldn't be bothered

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

TMor didn't vote for anybody on that day and barely expressed any opinions or feelings at all.

Seems like he didn't care which of them was killed, despite that there was a thunderdome between scum and (town??). Interesting

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Keats ill vote ypm if you promise to make yourself the nk

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I would accept such a fate with open arms

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I would go so far as to say TMor avoided taking any stance on day 3 because if the one he votes for wasn't the elimination, he would look bad either way

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

It doesn't really come down to what you or I or YPM think. It matters what the other three think.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Alright I am here! I'm so sorry; the last two days I got home and basically instantly fell asleep.

I've really appreciated all the energy that you've put in Keats, and that it mostly felt like earnest energy and only got a little bit negative (which really is understandable, since Hal/me/CPig haven't talked much). I really wish you'd stop misgendering ANarc though.

My thoughts haven't changed much though. I absolutely see the possibility of any of ANarc/YPM/Keats being scum (plus the other two, if there are two, but not interested in voting either of them today). But there are Town Points for Keats and YPM, and not many for ANarc.

That's where my vote would go right now. But I'm around to talk today.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Of that group my order would be AN/keats/YPM I think although the differences between them aren’t all that great.

Keats determination has started to work on me and I’m getting more suspicious of the YPM/AFQM interactions but I’m not there yet

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Of that group my order would be AN/keats/YPM I think although the differences between them aren’t all that great.

Keats determination has started to work on me and I’m getting more suspicious of the YPM/AFQM interactions but I’m not there yet

Pretty much exactly how I feel

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well we have 6.5 hours to deadline...

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Well we have 6.5 hours to deadline...

Gosh. Okay. Hi ANarc! What do you think about Keats's feelings about YPM's actions in this game, and about how he (YPM) interacted with AFQM?

Do you have anything else you feel about Keats or YPM that you haven't said yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Hopefully Cpig can give another comment before deadline.

There's a chance Anarc is scum, of course, so we can roll the dice on that. I'm not the *most* comfortable with is, as I've explained why I think killing YPM today is safer from my perspective. But I also don't think there is anything a scum YPM can do tonight that will make me look worse or him look better. So it will be the same discussion tomorrow and at least based on Pmuzz and Hal recent comments I've not *completely* given up hope that they can see YPM as scum. Also if we flip Anarc as town, it will confirm betond any doubt for me that I was right about YPM. If not, we probably win. So like that's sort of a win-win scenario for me regardless of how Anarc flips. Based on actually winning the *game*, there would be more work to do if Anarc is town but yeah. That's why I'm more open to the idea of killing Anarc today