Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

No. Your decision to refuse to consider the source of media when you find it rhetorically convenient to do so does not mean that I do not scrutinize the content of media. The "schism" is the degree of tolerance shown for your interest in making GBS threads up the forum, as demonstrated by your rapsheet.

I think they considered the source of the media, considering its from the mouth of the defacto Yemeni PM and not some random guy off the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I can understand "This is Iranian state media" but the concept of 'softball interview' isn't unique to Iran. I read the New York Times despite knowing it has seemingly boosted every war since I've been alive but you can discern, and in fact must discern, what is factual, what is state stenography yourself to some extent. We don't get the privilege to pull the truth from the aether. Posting any source is in fact useful because you yourself can interpret further, its why I like people who gimmick post whole articles, since finding sources is actual work and I appreciate when it is done for free. Fact is there are not an overwhelming availability of sources of "Interviews with Abdel-Aziz bin Habtour on the Red Sea and Palestinian/Israeli Conflict" so even if he shows himself in the best possible light, that itself is not peculiar.