Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It was stated once that the objective here was to create the Calmest Hitler. How far along to that goal are we and who are the current candidates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Koos Group posted:

Everything I say in D&D is meant seriously, but things I say about D&D on other boards may be joking or trolling.

I can't believe you don't take SAD seriously :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Papercut posted:

That wouldn't change the fact that they were a pro Russian poster in the thread under discussion

They also felt safe posting that there instead of in the GBS or DnD threads which suggests to me a moderation job well done in them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Esran posted:

I have a passing familiarity with Majorian's posting, and I don't consider them to be usually employing the tactics you mention.

I think it is unrealistic to ask for moderators to take post history, and the prior discussion, posts and positions of a poster into account when dishing out probations, especially when the posts you point to as examples are so non-obviously problematic that you have to retreat to "ah, but it's not these posts specifically, you have to consider the posting history" when I ask why you're calling these posts "sealioning" or "just asking questions".

Isn't the whole point of ramping probes that they take post history into account?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Esran posted:

Sure, but I would expect the probed post to be problematic.

Which the ones Raenir linked weren't.

I'd like moderators to not probe for completely normal posting, just because someone disagrees with the opinion being expressed or is holding a grudge from earlier.

The dreaded rapsheet should not prevent posters from countering arguments, asking for elaboration or simply disagreeing.

I was really only contending your idea that it is unrealistic to consider post history and prior posting into consideration, but since we agree it's not, problem solved forever :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fister Roboto posted:

Leave the thread open permanently, but every post gets an automatic 6 hour probation to discourage grudgeposting.

This is a really good idea

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Valentin posted:

i retract my current support for the koos moderation regime. while i support trying to reduce the volume of posts so mods don't have to look at reports, i fear he has only concentrated and intensified the backseat-modding posting gene in this particular petri dish.

He's simply trying to create the Koosatz Haderach, let him cook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The last two pages have shown me that anyone who is trying to argue if something is technically a genocide should be forumbanned, regardless of the genocide

There's an actual definition, this isn't hard