Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Valentin posted:

because the policy here rewards posting which drives away posters,

Sorry to take a meat cleaver to the rest of the post, but to me this is the really important bit of both your post and a major past and current (and future) criticism of dnd moderation.

I think it would be useful to expand upon this (and other people have, in various ways). The sort of posting that drives away posters that I am both personally and policywise inclined to crack down on is low-content aggroposting, but it doesn't seem like that's your major complaint about current / koos regime dnd.

i'll still reread the rest of the post but this is the part that my brain put bold font and sirens around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Stringent posted:

Out of curiosity about the reports system, when a post gets reported hitting the report button again brings up the this post has been reported dialogue. Is that on a timer or something, or is it just one report per post?

It's just one report per post, and while one of the very few topics that will make me scream inchoately into the void until my throat gives out is the design of the reports subforum (and oh yes, my friends, it is a subforum), abolishing that restriction would kill every last one of us.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Staluigi posted:

sounds like the reporting system is comically braindead

why not a system where any user can report a post and if one post gets repeatedly reported it just pushes it up to the top of the priority list for more immediate attention

I actually like this one. If astral could implement it (and I'm not sure he easily can), maybe with an appended "this post has been reported by these X different accounts who number Y" or something. Avoids hilariously clogging the forum, achieves design goals.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I wasn’t trying to be being polite when I asked earlier, How are you all doing?

I think it’s going to get progressively crazier as the election approaches and god help us if a certain candidate wins. How is the mod team feeling about themselves and moderating D&D now and also looking forward into November?

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

jokes aside this is a much less unpleasant environment than 2020 cycle (when, God help me, I signed up as an ik). We could use another one or two mods imo but I've seen such sights worse.