Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

cat botherer posted:

Wow an open feedback thread! IMO a D&D with probably 20-30% less Calm Hiters would be great.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I agree, but to elaborate a little and hopefully avoid going to posting jail in solidarity…

I feel like you allow extremely awful things to be said in this forum, as long as they’re couched in flowery, verbose language. This also applies to stale arguments. ‘What about Trump’ would get probated, but five paragraphs detailing Trump’s words with sources, without further elaboration, wouldn’t because ‘effort’ has been put into that post in your eyes. I think if any bad faith/outright supportive of genocide poster wants to post in support of their position without being punished, it’s pretty easy: just make it into four paragraphs or more and maybe throw in a source or two (relevant and reliable or not) and you’ll be fine because you’re posting ‘in good faith’, as demonstrated by the ‘effort’ put into writing such a long post with sources.

I truly believe that it’s loving insane to have someone who never interacts with the (or any) forum moderating it, because it means you’re not able to see the forest for the trees, and I think if you posted engagement numbers for D&D it would show a big drop and your myopic moderation style would explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Koos Group posted:

Verbosity in and of itself, however, is not taken into account. Rigor is important, because it not only makes a position falsifiable so it can be better engaged with, but shows the position is more likely to have merit and not be wasting everyone's time in the first place. It also has a correlation with number of words, though something can be laconic and rigorous. Precision of language, likewise, makes it clearer what you are saying and easier to respond to, and can take more words. In addition, good faith simply means you're being honest in every respect and doesn't have much relation to post length.

I think you actually do believe this and want to it to be the case but, as you’ve been repeatedly told, it isn’t. The issue is that your response is once again going to be either ‘yes it is’ or ‘sorry I’ll work on it’, and we’ll be in the exact same position in three months. At this point I’m not sure if it’s wilful (I think it is, personally) or you’re just not brilliant at comprehension and analysis of the written word.

Accountability is not opening a feedback thread or saying ‘okay, sorry’. It’s certainly not saying ‘your eyes deceive you, young goon’ when many posters tell you something that contradicts what you think is happening.

A great first step is to recount what was asked of you last time and what steps, if any have been made to address those points, but you’ve already refused that simple, absolute minimum suggestion within hours of this thread being open.