Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Everything's mostly business as usual but Isreal v Palestine remains an absolutely cursed subject and will go deranged for entire pages

Reinstate martial law and make lengthy threadbans a common feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

probably good news overall that metacommentary on d&d is getting so dreadfully repetitive or eyes-glazed-over'ing

kinda means there's not a lot of actual ongoing problems

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

socialsecurity posted:

That's true, it's basically the same one long problem it's been since what 2016ish?

dunno

old d&d had psycho nightmare composite poly-problems compared to now, dont think they're comparable to the much more on-the-surface complaints or bizarre hangups of today

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Goatse James Bond posted:

It's just one report per post, and while one of the very few topics that will make me scream inchoately into the void until my throat gives out is the design of the reports subforum (and oh yes, my friends, it is a subforum), abolishing that restriction would kill every last one of us.

sounds like the reporting system is comically braindead

why not a system where any user can report a post and if one post gets repeatedly reported it just pushes it up to the top of the priority list for more immediate attention

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

i mean i already probably know the answer (backend held together with twine and mummy dust) but still one would think you could hope