Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah this is why posting in the I/P thread is dangerous and exhausting, it doesn't matter what you say really, even trying to understand the basics of what's happening sometimes will get you labeled a genocide supporter, by the same people spend their time defending the Russian and Chinese genocides. You end up spending so much time trying to correct people imagining poo poo you are saying that you get off on a tangent and never discuss the original point, which probably is their goal to derail the "bad thread"

At this point only active moderation by people engaged with D&D can turn things around but I don't think you could get most of the regulars who have left back and I don't think that is the goal of the admin team either.

:same:

Like, I get these are hot topics but the point of the sub-forum is to debate and discuss. Instead, it's just crazy and still used as a peanut gallery in C-SPAM.

Granted, I still read and still feel like I learn from a lot from these discussions but the level of hostility is too high.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU