Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Well March Madness is coming up probably time to see about a bigger TV but $600 is a lot to spend at once, I don't think that would be wise. Looks like I can get a 75" for $35 a week, that ain't much. $15 more for the sound bar? gently caress yeah.

It's now November of 2025 and I just made the last payment and it only cost me about four grand all together but drat the tournament was good wasn't it.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This is Gonzaga's year

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just ordered a coupla large Dominos on Klarna

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Just load em up into my financed 2004 chevy cavalier, yeah im they said 18% was a good rate, who am i to argue, a man needs wheels

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's called March Madness for a reason OP. There's no explaining how crazy I am for the Arizona Wildcats.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Do y'all accept Kohl's cash?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

Well March Madness is coming up probably time to see about a bigger TV but $600 is a lot to spend at once, I don't think that would be wise. Looks like I can get a 75" for $35 a week, that ain't much. $15 more for the sound bar? gently caress yeah.

It's now November of 2025 and I just made the last payment and it only cost me about four grand all together but drat the tournament was good wasn't it.

you should probably not do that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
just save up the money and have a great March Madness next year. Cost you a lot less

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
going to the bar for the games would be cheaper

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Being sub-prime as gently caress was a lot harder in the pre-Affirm days. Are you familiar with American Indian lending institutions with absolutely no usury rules?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
tbh, no, i'm not purchasing anything from those loving leaches

not when there are perfectly good reconditioned items available from the donation warehouse charity store

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also cheering for the Sun Devils. I've gone mad!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Owning a TV in 2024

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Obligatory Stories from Rent to Own: https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/stories-from-renttoown/1/

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
shouldn't we just call it a monitor now? Does anyone get their tv over the airwaves?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

shouldn't we just call it a monitor now? Does anyone get their tv over the airwaves?

I do, digital antennas rule.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's pronounced "teh-leh-vis-ee-un" that's how the British say it which is how they said television in Middle English.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

*raises hand* i'm sure as gently caress not gonna PAY to have poo poo tv and ads pumped into my house

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's pronounced "teh-leh-vis-ee-un" that's how the British say it which is how they said television in Middle English.

redshirt posted:

I do, digital antennas rule.

dee eight posted:

*raises hand* i'm sure as gently caress not gonna PAY to have poo poo tv and ads pumped into my house

what the gently caress are you guys watching on TV?
Tool Time?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Tool Time?

Comet TV M-F, College and NBA basketball weekends

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

Comet TV M-F, College and NBA basketball weekends

Basketball is acceptable

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TV is a nickname. and nicknames are for friends. and television is no friend of mine.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Basketball is acceptable

I'd score on your rear end from anywhere on the court just FYI

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I'd score on your rear end from anywhere on the court just FYI

probably, I am terrible at basketball. Throw the thing like a baseball at the rectangle. Sometimes it goes in

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

mrs d8 loves her grit TV. you got your lone ranger and bat masterson and stuff like that. magnificent seven is playing as we speak

for me, it's indy car racing and not much else

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

probably, I am terrible at basketball. Throw the thing like a baseball at the rectangle. Sometimes it goes in

Cool cool

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
imagine three basketballs on the edge of a tv. as one falls off, it bounces back up. rent-to-own works the same way

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

if you watch 4000 hours of hoops during the 18 months youre paying off the tv thats only a buck an hour - aka a bargain

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i just message the goonfundme guy, tell 'em the amount i need per month for the couch i'm leasing, and he hooks me up

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

imagine three basketballs on the edge of a tv. as one falls off, it bounces back up. rent-to-own works the same way

calm down Jonny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

if you watch 4000 hours of hoops during the 18 months youre paying off the tv thats only a buck an hour - aka a bargain

I love hoops!!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Hey, you wanna come over tonight for some meth and watch some wrasslin'?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I love hoops!!

I only really watch the final 4, elite 8, or sweet 16

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Kirk Vikernes posted:

hell yeah! but you just do the meth, I have a toothache

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
time for a new washer/dryer combo. i didn't like the options at the scratch and dent up the road, hope i can find a good deal here at rent-a-center.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Tool Time?

Classis Star Trek reruns every night on H&I.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Because I got criticized for just having a gamer chair sitting in front of a wood wire spool in my living room, I'm going to rent a couch.

It seems like $20 to sit in one corner of it for a week and put my feet on my chair seems expensive, so I'm not really committed to the idea.

Why would anyone drop $1000 just so they can lay on a weird smelling couch instead of a bed or reclining in a good chair baffles me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Kirk Vikernes posted:

You a Coke Pepsi or RC Cola fella?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

dee eight posted:

Telly is free!