Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which vital top contender will Sean O'Malley defend against next?
This poll is closed.
Urijah Faber 2 22.22%
Scott Jorgensen 2 22.22%
Chase Beebe 0 0%
No one, Chito's going to kill him 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
gently caress yes!!!

edit: lmao that what jared kushner looks like now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Good night frenchy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"NO MORE GUILLOTINES"

hosed up that they'd cater to Trump like that.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Victory from jaws of defeat. Thought he was gonna be done from the guillotines.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i want a 4k 144fps gif of that right-hook close-up with the droplets of blood suspended in the air like blood diamonds

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hahaha is he poo poo talking trump

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

It'll be real interesting to see what they do next, because MVP can clearly hang in the top fifteen, but he also got grapplefucked by Kevin Holland, which makes the rest of the rankings an absolute minefield of guys like Neil Magny, Sean Brady, Colby Covington etc. who would be a real big problem for him. Do you just give him Stephen Thompson and then say gently caress it, he's a title contender now?

mvp is 38 years old he is not here to make a title run, hell, he wasn't even champ in bellator

also yay dustin!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

crepeface posted:

gently caress yes!!!

edit: lmao that what jared kushner looks like now

i legit though it was jared leto

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Please tell me he was making GBS threads on the Dear Leader.

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
When he immediately jumped the guillotine again I was so panicked, what a showman

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Seriously though stop with the guillotines

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

MOTY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dustin "Guillotine Till I Die" Poirier

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
poirier is the best lmao

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Everyday I give thanks to God that Dana White has made sure to prevent the UFC and UFC events from being political

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
lol at this terrible direct-to-prime movie

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

lol at this terrible direct-to-prime movie

I am here for it though. it's going to be fun to watch how terrible it is.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

CarlCX posted:

Or do I side with my brain, which wants me to pick the guy with the Tekashi69 tattoo he got from Tekashi69?

great OP, but please, spell Tekashi 6IX9INE's name properly

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Roadhouse looks like poo poo, he couldnt make a burger king ad not poo poo, put him in a movie

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

crepeface posted:

great OP, but please, spell Tekashi 6IX9INE's name properly

No.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress it I made it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Foul Fowl posted:

poirier is the best lmao

man, that makes up for the Holland fight

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that O'Malley is marketed as this wild man with crazy power for the division who doesn't give a gently caress but it's curated and inauthentic and he's facing a dude who actually doesn't give a gently caress, carries elite power and is wild in his style.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

mvp is 38 years old he is not here to make a title run, hell, he wasn't even champ in bellator

also yay dustin!

I dunno, I would bet the UFC would love to get a Leon vs MVP all-British all-the-time title fight in. I don't think you hire 38 year-old MVP if you're not ready to jump on the marketing if he wins. He costs too much to just be a random dude.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I love seeing Chito's KO kick to Dominick Cruz

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

O'Malley wins and we find out 10 years from now that there was a massive fight-fixing issue in the UFC in the 2020s, gonna bet this is front and centre.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

acejackson42 posted:

O'Malley wins and we find out 10 years from now that there was a massive fight-fixing issue in the UFC in the 2020s, gonna bet this is front and centre.

The champion bump seems to be a thing for whatever reason, probably that a guy is finally making enough money to dial in their training, nutrition and recovery without having to teach mum's how to hit a bag and doing watch parties. So Sean O'Malley improving from 4 years ago when they met isn't a thing. I still just see Chito as everything O'Malley is, just better in every area.

I fully expected Aljamain to wipe the loving floor with O'Malley though, so as much as I believe in Chito, and If i was a betting man to the fraudulent levels of posters gone by, I'd be betting the roll on Chito with a gun to my head, but an O'Malley win here wouldn't be that crazy.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
0 pop from the crowd

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

BlindSite posted:

The champion bump seems to be a thing for whatever reason, probably that a guy is finally making enough money to dial in their training, nutrition and recovery without having to teach mum's how to hit a bag and doing watch parties. So Sean O'Malley improving from 4 years ago when they met isn't a thing. I still just see Chito as everything O'Malley is, just better in every area.

I fully expected Aljamain to wipe the loving floor with O'Malley though, so as much as I believe in Chito, and If i was a betting man to the fraudulent levels of posters gone by, I'd be betting the roll on Chito with a gun to my head, but an O'Malley win here wouldn't be that crazy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think O'Malley can win and probably will.

It's just that it also wouldn't surprise me that Dana would start fixing fights, and this would be exactly where you'd expect it to start.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

I dunno, I would bet the UFC would love to get a Leon vs MVP all-British all-the-time title fight in. I don't think you hire 38 year-old MVP if you're not ready to jump on the marketing if he wins. He costs too much to just be a random dude.

lol MVP had 0 leverage, I doubt he's getting paid that much, like I'd be shocked if it's above 60/60.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

please chito

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

acejackson42 posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think O'Malley can win and probably will.

It's just that it also wouldn't surprise me that Dana would start fixing fights, and this would be exactly where you'd expect it to start.

I might be naive and you might be right but Dana has always been as close to on the line with fight results, if not their creation.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol anik you loving dumbass

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

crepeface posted:

Incredible

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

crepeface posted:

what'd he say?

/also, gently caress, the ecuadorian fans are loving loud

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

what'd he say?

Chito has not faced a sniper like Sean. Who has has fought lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i feel like having beaten suga before is really helpful, just because you know you can get past the mystique

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How the gently caress do you score that round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Chito has not faced a sniper like Sean. Who has has fought lol

Yeah but it's not like he's beaten Sean before!