Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which vital top contender will Sean O'Malley defend against next?
This poll is closed.
Urijah Faber 2 22.22%
Scott Jorgensen 2 22.22%
Chase Beebe 0 0%
No one, Chito's going to kill him 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lins game plan, super smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That's about as clear and cranky as a referee can be. Good poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I'm at odds with it, because the way he's gameplanning his striking at distance is great, and then he has these periods of going 'gently caress it, let's go into the pocket and brawl' until he inevitably eats a couple hooks and remembers to back off again.

Yeah it's kind of crazy that Lins has basically let him take this third round. I get securing the second with the takedown but he's tried to cruise this round with periods of ineffective offense that almost just seem to be "oh I'll just do something". He could have stayed outside and pecked.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pedro Munhoz is one of those guys who I've been watching fight for about 10 years now but couldn't tell you a thing about him and always think he's a middle weight because of Mark Munoz.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Take a point already Peterson, you can't warn him forever.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This has been an incredible fight. Kyler looks fantastic and Munhoz has been right in it every step of the way.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Was just typing that Dos Anjos might be old but he's still accurate and power is the last thing to go as he drops Gamrot haha.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Punches in bunches > gentle hugs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

crepeface posted:

huh, is yan a bit out of shape? i don't think i've ever seen him like this in the 2nd round

he's always been a little bit one speed, but he maintains it late which becomes a problem for guys looking to outpace him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

This is fun as hell. I have Burns up 2-0, but that first round was close.

If ever its going to depend on 2 judges and their preference.

One of my mates said Jack is winning the fight but Burns has won both rounds and he was kinda right. Burns showing the savvy and knowledge of how to take the rounds but Jack is doing more damage and more dangerous. It'll all come down to how the judges weight the effectiveness of Burns' grappling.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LETS loving GO JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is dumb as poo poo and I am here for it and loving love it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

This guy is kinda a loving douchebag lmao

Oh 100% he's a giant gently caress head. One of the most entertaining dudes god ever shovelled guts into as a fighter on his day though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TBH These two dudes when they're in a stand up fight are funner than hell, so it doesnt really matter who wins or how - it'll probably be fun and cool. So long as Holland doesn't decide he wants to be a blanket tonight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How these dudes make WW I'll never know.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh god I remember this didn't he do all that nerd meme celebrating and then it turns out the dude he KO'd had a legit caved in skull the size of a tennis ball :barf: or am i making that up, i am a bit indespensed at this present moment in time

Haha nah, you remember right, he exploded a mans skull. it was up there with Mike perry break dancing next to I want to say Jake Ellenbergers corpse.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

As the great Chael P Sonnen once said. Throw him on his back and beat a hole in his face.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got a funny feeling that Adesenya v MVP would be a snoozer but man, strickland vs MVP would be funner than hell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He has rare quickness among uncommonly quick humans. Dude got to where he is for a reason, even if his repertoire can be limited at the pointy end of the division/sport.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joanna was so much fun to watch in full flight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

It'll be real interesting to see what they do next, because MVP can clearly hang in the top fifteen, but he also got grapplefucked by Kevin Holland, which makes the rest of the rankings an absolute minefield of guys like Neil Magny, Sean Brady, Colby Covington etc. who would be a real big problem for him. Do you just give him Stephen Thompson and then say gently caress it, he's a title contender now?

Jack Della is right there if you want to just pick two dudes off the card. Thompson would make some sense too though from that perspective of cool fights to watch. Kelvin Gastellum depending on how his diet is going this month could be fun too - his pressure style lends itself well but with Kelvin its like poo poo - what weight is he going to decide to be on a #mission4gold at this week.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I have a bad feeling for Porier and I don't like it. No sir I do not.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

This is a bizarre loving sentence to write, but at this stage in their careers, I don't feel like Kelvin Gastelum deserves a matchup with Michael Page.

I also echo the bad Poirier feeling and I hope I am wrong.

He kinda doesn't, but poo poo Kelvin's style would give him shits if he was healthy and fit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

We need Theo Vonn in the audience gifting his powers of comedic autism to Porier.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rabid Snake posted:

Why does the French dude have an iron cross tattoo? Isn’t that a nazi symbol or am I missing something? Because I feel like I’m missing something and I’m ignorant

Saint Denis was awarded the combatants cross for his service. It's been around a while: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combatant%27s_Cross Has nothing to do with Nazism.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

There's something about a frenchman and a guillotine I guess.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DUSTIN! What a KO. What a fight. Goddamn

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

lol at this terrible direct-to-prime movie

I am here for it though. it's going to be fun to watch how terrible it is.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that O'Malley is marketed as this wild man with crazy power for the division who doesn't give a gently caress but it's curated and inauthentic and he's facing a dude who actually doesn't give a gently caress, carries elite power and is wild in his style.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

acejackson42 posted:

O'Malley wins and we find out 10 years from now that there was a massive fight-fixing issue in the UFC in the 2020s, gonna bet this is front and centre.

The champion bump seems to be a thing for whatever reason, probably that a guy is finally making enough money to dial in their training, nutrition and recovery without having to teach mum's how to hit a bag and doing watch parties. So Sean O'Malley improving from 4 years ago when they met isn't a thing. I still just see Chito as everything O'Malley is, just better in every area.

I fully expected Aljamain to wipe the loving floor with O'Malley though, so as much as I believe in Chito, and If i was a betting man to the fraudulent levels of posters gone by, I'd be betting the roll on Chito with a gun to my head, but an O'Malley win here wouldn't be that crazy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

acejackson42 posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think O'Malley can win and probably will.

It's just that it also wouldn't surprise me that Dana would start fixing fights, and this would be exactly where you'd expect it to start.

I might be naive and you might be right but Dana has always been as close to on the line with fight results, if not their creation.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How the gently caress do you score that round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chito might have wanted to come into this one with a game plan. Jesus. Low iq fight from Vera.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got that 3 -0 to omalley. Parillo is smart enough to see it at least.

Chito needs to step on the gas right loving now if he has a chance.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

O'Malley really has gone to another level. Dude deserves his props.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

acejackson42 posted:

Yeah, sure.

And what's he going to do in his next fight when he's on his back getting turned into hamburger?

Like Aljo was going to do to him right?