Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
Yeah, the recent trailer made this look better than it has any right to. Cautiously optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
Hi, all. I just started the first episode and got about halfway through before having to take an emotional break. The massacre of the Vault Dwellers seemed set up in a way that made me feel like I was supposed to laugh at these loser nerds all getting killed by raiders with casual, but brutal contempt. To think you’re going to start a new life with someone who promptly wipes his wet dick on your curtains, wtf?
I’ve played Fallouts I, II, III, New Vegas, and IV, and it’s one thing to read “her childbearing days are over” after a groin shot and chuckle, and to watch a sympathetic supporting character lose her husband to raiders and get poo poo stuck in her eye.

It just feels too edgy for me. Am I totally missing something for stopping as soon as that act was over? Is there a little bit of hope in this series? Or is it just a sequence of supporting characters being built up and then dismembered by a Deathclaw because “this is fallout world, pucker up buttercup?”

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000

Tankbuster posted:

keep watching. Things aren't what they seem.

Awesome, that’s what I needed. Thank you.

And thanks for the heads up, Issaries. I can work with Raimi humor if it’s not personal.

Kangaroo Jerk fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 14, 2024