Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

roomtone posted:

walton goggins saying 'you've never been on a ride like this before' makes me worry he doesn't respect the show cos it's such a cliche promo line but only need to wait a week or so to find out.

yeah, she was the stand out of that show for me which I stopped watching after season 1 cos it seemed like it was going in a really stupid direction. some actors just have an ability to rise above material and make you care when you wouldn't otherwise.

so between the trio of her, goggins and mclachlan it's going to have to really stink to not be entertaining.

i feel like it will probably alright, even have some good moments, My worry is they try to be way way to wacky with it. I dont mind that edge/slice of wacky, fallout always had that including new vegas. i guess i am worried about borderlands level stupid. Id probably settle for peacemaker levels of wacky. it know what it is and respects the characters and etc but also isnt afraid to just be loving weird and silly but make that work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

If this show turns out to be bad I expect it'll be bad in the way most modern 8-12 episode season shows are bad, not because the showrunners dont understand fallout. Poorly prioritized storytelling, obnoxious cliffhanger episode endings, inexplicable filler episodes despite having a limited runtime, and a structural split between telling a tight, cohesive narrative and wanting to explore a broad canvas of all the franchise iconography and "stuff".

this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I don’t think I can tolerate Lucy as a main character for a full season. They seem to be adopting the superficial aspects the modern Fallout’s aesthetics, but so far I’m not hooked. Brotherhood of Steel story seems semi-interesting but this really feels like network television.

sorta. I was worried it was gonna be way worse but i liked episode 1 enough that ill keep going.