Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NthDoctorWho/status/1770507540964471081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Fallout: I Don't Want to Set the Thread on Fire

Fallout: It's All Over But The (Fans Are) Crying

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

I hope there's at least one wastelander who gets into an argument over whether Sunset Sarsaparilla is better than Nuka Cola.

Random background event of two people fighting over a star bottle cap

Every episode who's fighting who changes

No one ever comments on it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

After Malcolm was done with me he promptly ran into a nest of giant radscorpions. :ohdear:

It's a bit silly how many characters seem to gleefully beeline for them, since Oliver from Nipton heads for the Scorpion Burrow, or the Nipton Road Pit Stop and gets mulched by Jackals

Bit of a shame he doesn't head towards the Correctional Facility or at least a Powder Ganger camp - 'course, not many players are going to bother following them and babysit them since they usually don't have weapons or armor to make it very far

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

Is No Mutants Allowed still a thing? I remember when they had breakdowns over, like, Fallout Tactics.

Would you be surprised to learn that there's some that like it (much to their admitted surprise), some that don't, and others that laugh at it being canon due to its events? ("People bawling over something that contradicts the games? First time?")

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

For all that's good about the show, they really shouldn't have turned it into an Ink Spots playlist

Should've saved the songs for the credit sequences

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nice of them to use the HUD from power armor when seeing people's faces in the helmets

Rather impressive how animated the suits are given they have no fusion cores though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Watch-through is going slowly; episode 4 really is the point where the quality kicks in - first three episodes are the setup and then it takes off running

drat good stuff

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

I hope every place they go to in season 2 is either empty because everyone already died there, or they kill everyone there when they arrive.

Every NPC A-poses and then ragdolls when the main characters enter an area

Two bodies explode into giblets, triggering a series of mines and trip wires as shotguns go off and grenade bundles drop

"What happened here?" says Lucy through the tinnitus while "The ghoul is unconcious!" pops up in the corner of the screen

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/falloutonprime/status/1781095366315888903

I hope ED-E shows up

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Why would Autumn go along with this?

He wasn't, actually

There's a whole little civil war going on in the Enclave during Fallout 3 that you can piece together if you explore the various little Enclave camps scattered throughout the map and Raven Rock

Eden wants to cleanse the wasteland with the modified FEV, whereas Autumn wanted to use the purifier to help people and be viewed as the saviors

There's camps and checkpoints set up that screen people, and if they pass, they're given fresh water; if not, they're executed

quote:

Mission Directive: Establish and enforce Enclave presence among general populace, disposal of genetic non-compliance offenders.

I. Establish constituency enforcement point at coordinates 39.138 x -77.070. Monitor civilian movement in area, and debrief superior regarding any events of notable significance or regularity.

II. Distribute purified water rations to civilians willing to submit to genetic compliance screening. Participation in screening is compulsory for all civilians, and use of force is authorized in enforcement.

III. Genetic non-compliance offenders should be detained at checkpoint.

IV. To conserve consumption of Enclave resources, detainees should be disposed of by flame only when withholding facility becomes overcrowded, or detainees become unmanageable, whichever comes first.

For extra fun, enemies respawn at their corpses every 72 game hours, so if you drag a bear, scorpion, or deathclaw corpse into a camp and come back later, hilarity ensues

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

I want to see a prewar argument between Vault-Tec execs over why people keep mixing up the Pip-Boy and Vault-Boy mascots.

The Shadow to Vault boy's Sonic?

Or Silver, if we wanna make it a "silver age" kind of thing for the 50s

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Vault 4 was amazing

That is exactly what Vault-diving is like in the games

Looks innocent on the surface, but the deeper you go and the longer you stay, the worse and worse and worse it gets

Utterly delightful

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

nemesis_hub posted:

I love Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas, and think the other games are pretty bad. I don’t care about the show violating continuity or whatever. Will I enjoy it?

It's a slow burn, in a good way

Highly recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder if the Tenpenny suite was worth erasing Shady Sands for, Hank
There was even a female ghoul survivor like what happened back in the Capital Wasteland