Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Rappaport posted:

F4 is a great post-apocalyptic sniper simulator, and some of the side areas are hilarious and or creepy!

It's also good for Space Marine meets Mad Max game play.

Stomp around in power armor, rolling your balls off buff psycho jet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

12 hours, let's go

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

grobbo posted:

if it's bad

if it's good, then, uh, ah, um

Bro are u goldbluming

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

So far, show good?

Seems like the courier opted for the nuke both ending

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

People bitching about the NCR falling clearly took the wuss options in Lonesome Road

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Open Source Idiom posted:

Actually the kids became invisible so they couldn't be killed.

I mean, you just walk around with armed dynamite, ain't that hard

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Finished it.

Show good.

actually excited to see what's going on in New Vegas. Hope House is still kicking about. Looks probably the NCR won Hover Dam II, then ate some nukes. Seems like they moved Shady Sands closer to LA?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Manwithastick posted:

I feel like I blinked and missed something, despite watching the whole thing

What happened to Coopers kid? I saw her at the party in episode one and that was it? Did I miss a scene?

Didn't miss anything, it was left unresolved

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Sharkopath posted:

Yes this is what I've been saying. Except they also don't tell that story well or really at all, which is what the criticism is.

Except they do?

And they even picked a structure that has multiple concurrent "playthroughs"

Pretty neat poo poo, and damned if I'm not excited for what comes next

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

Narratively it firmly sets up Vault-Tec as the bad guys based on what Moldaver says. The show gives a glimpse of a functioning society without vault-boy looking down from every poster and then takes it away.

They've always been among the bad guys though.

And the NCR beating the Legion but attracting the attention if something sleeping and terrible to me makes sense. Also very curious to see what happens in New Vegas next season, and finding out how the Lost Hills guys metastasized

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

grobbo posted:

I counted four instances, I think? the corpse in Vault 32, Dane, Wilzig, and Thaddeus. Yeah, it's good fun.

After a night of sleep, I'm also half-convinced that (end spoilers) Maldover's complete lack of proactivity is a deliberate homage to video-game antagonists who just loiter in their homebase until the climax (while you're out in the wastes kidnapping the guy who you could have kidnapped any time in the past 20 years, Lee, do you want to make a stop at the nearby town of Filly so you can ensure the safety of the helpless scientist who you know is heading there imminently with the priceless cold fusion chip which absolutely everything hinges on? No, you'd rather just head directly home to Griffith Observatory and sit there doing nothing? Sure, makes sense.)

how else do you get the players to your final set piece?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cojawfee posted:

It is funny that the fridge made a safe nuke shelter when the purpose built individual shelters basically did nothing to protect people in the games.

? I thought a couple of them at least kept the occupants alive long enough to dehydrate and die?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

LifeLynx posted:

I'm just micro-dosing some copium to make the timeline make sense in my head, that's all. I know in my heart that Todd Howard retconned New Vegas out of spite.

And I also liked Fred Armisen. To me he's the perfect "oh it's that guy!" bit part actor. I rarely enjoy him in a starring role, but I love when he shows up.

What's the deal with Michael Rapaport? I don't like him either but this is exactly the type of character I can take him as. An unrepentant rear end in a top hat who immediately gets killed with barely any screentime. Looking at his Twitter (ugh), he seems to be anti-Trump, anti-Fox News, pro-vax, etc. Just a loud obnoxious guy to me, which I can't stand.

I thought for sure that Michael Emerson's character was a synth. His mannerisms were so strange.

The TV show takes place in 2296. When Shady Sands is nuked, Max is 4-8 years old, and in the show he's young 20's. So Shady Sands eats a nuke after New Vegas, 2281

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Rabid Snake posted:

Cooper is all of us playing Fallout

lol no

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Azhais posted:

Because the NCR was nuked before the events of Fallout: NV. Sure, Vegas is still there, but the game isn't, which means any lore from the game is no longer valid, like how big the NCR was.

The gently caress?

Time is linear. The show is set in 2296, New Vegas was 2281.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

The NCR got nuked and it's not going to follow any of the possible endings.

Uh what?

The endings were 15 years before the show

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

w0o0o0o posted:

Baiting that kid into reaching for a gun was a really lovely thing to do. That being said, it was a pretty cool homage to The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.

he's like 200 years old. He's probably seen revenge seeking siblings on 20 different occasions

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

tadashi posted:

If you have the version with all the DLC’s, don’t put off doing the extra content and you won’t need mods.

Yeah no thanks. I'd sooner not bother than raw dog a Bethesda game, bleech

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

seaborgium posted:

I did like how the very first person Lucy meets outside she runs up with her gun pointing at them, like how a player is always running around with their gun out in the games. I know there's a way to holster it, but I don't think anyone who plays ever holsters it unless they have to.

You go 10% faster with your weapon holstered or some such in most games/mods

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

couldn't discuss the show for the first 24 hours after it came out because people were convinced todd howard spent a 150 million dollars specifically to gently caress with the bestest story ever written.

... gonna be honest, none of the mouth breathers I saw going full on "slay godd howard" were blm'd or rainbowed so as I saw.

Pretty weird post

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Tankbuster posted:

I am sorry I made a mean joke for the american hyperconsumer with the correct emojis and hashtags.

Its Kathleen Kennedy posting where you get mad at one person in particular for ruining childhood, ignoring that the company that owns the show is pushing CONTENT related to the IP. The fact that it is made by people who are generally more aware of the world makes it all the worse.

Jesus christ, shut the gently caress up

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I find it funny that Amazon funded and put out a show that through all the slapstick is probably one of the strongest condemnations of capitalism I can think of in recent memory.

Thread title good.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Bright Bart posted:

I did notice this but what helps me is remembering what someone told me about the storylteller's perspective. The Ghoul doesn't end up being Howard by chance we follow him because he is Howard. The same for Lucy, why we follow her and not one of dozens of other vault dwellets who undertook a quest like this. And Maximus doesn't defy the odds to become who he does he did and that's why we follow him.

You gotta figure, especially with the BoS in expansion mode, that there are loads of dead orphans in shredded BoS kit out there

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

so if that was the Prydwen, that likely implies quite a bit.

Mostly I like how it indicates some impatience- "the gently caress are these dudes doing hiding in bunkers still? Get them recruiting wastelanders and smashing poo poo up!" sorta thing

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Back Hack posted:

Not to be a stick in the mud, but y'all realize that this isn't going to deal with Legion or NCR remnants or some unseen faction, it's going to be Brotherhood vs Enclave, right?

Bookmarking this.

Either you're wrong and it'll be awesome, or you're right and it'll br awesome

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Flesh Forge posted:

Well this is the Ghoul going out of his way to be lovely towards her, I think he's extra spiteful to her (pouring his clean water on the ground e.g.) because she's so clean and he wants to dirty her up. This thing between them operates on a lot of levels, it's not just the world, it's very personal between them (mostly from Howard though)
e: he says he's trying to educate her and in a certain sense, he does, but the majority is just him being enormously bitter and jaded by all the things he's done and seen and lived through

He refills the canteen from a dirty source, doesn't he?

As in, what was in there to begin with was dirty water

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

TulliusCicero posted:

I hope in the next season maybe Maximus meets the NV Brotherhood of Steel and they are less of Maxson's fascist bullshit, and maybe more Veronica at this point.

poo poo that'd be a cool twist.

In terms of power projection and longevity, the Maxson poo poo seems more effective. The Nevada chapter is almost dead after all.

But because of the vertical hierarchy of the Brotherhood, activity and behavior can be hugely shaped by singular individuals.

I kinda think Veronica is more likely to have abandoned the brotherhood though.

Rougey posted:

Veronica would be in her early 40s at this point... as is Felica Day (the original voice actor) who does have a fair amount of on screen experience.

Oh poo poo forget what I said, it'd be perfecf

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Of course we've only seen the BOS from the TV show from Maximus point of view and the people in it he directly interacted with, so maybe he just got real unlucky and ended up in a really poo poo part of it. Although the shitness we did see seem to be normalised, so it seems unlikely the rest of the chapter is that great either.

If they sent the Prydwen all the way back, there's no other way I can think of to perceive it than Arthur at very least placing his thumb on the scale

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

grobbo posted:

As a nice surprise, they should have a veteran adventuring party in S2 made up of the working Hollywood actors who did a quick VA gig for some 1997 video game and haven't thought about it since.

Clancy Brown, Keith David, and Tony Shalhoub all wandering the wastes together.

At least a voice log from Keith David...

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, the implication was that he's a son of a bitch, but not THAT much of a son of a bitch. If he didn't have to sell Lucy out to get his medicine he wouldn't, but he's still self-serving at the end of the day.

Good luck being not a self centered motherfucker after hundreds of years.

Never really understood how Harold was so mellow

Raul and Dean made way more sense to me

Said it once already but when the ghoul gets that one brother to go for his gun, I figured that wasn't the first or even third time someone he killed had a relative set to run him down later

BrotherJayne fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 17, 2024

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Rougey posted:

She can have still left The Brotherhood, maybe be living life as a rancher with a heavily scarred and mute woman (for bonus points) who raise bighorns and corn and have a couple of T-51b's in the basement.

Oh poo poo she can end up mute? I thought she had to talk in that one ladies voice to open a lock to the vault

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Vorgen posted:

I just realized something about Episode 1. By the time The Ghoul is working kids' birthday parties with his daughter to pay alimony, he's split up with his wife because he knows she wants to end the world by dropping The Bomb. Then, when it drops, he knows she is responsible. He's seeing the machinations of his ex-wife destroy civilization.

Peeeeeeer the looooore it was China that fired first, so vault tec was more building up a stockpile when the poo poo kicked off. Of course, I think it was like 6am on the west coast oriole poo poo, peeeeeeer theeeeee loooooore

Rougey posted:

Actually gently caress it, Laura Bailey voiced Royce/Vera Keys in Dead Money; having Day and Bailey being a pair of old Ex-Brotherhood types is too good an opportunity to pass up and really make some people eat crow.

I'm here for it

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, any sort of organisation if it wants to function well needs someone like Veronica, believes in the general cause but more than welling to callout bullshit. When all you have is people who are indoctrinated into it flaws just feaster and spread.

You know, Arthur's ideology seems only a little more sustainable than Caesar's, so seeing the BoS eat poo poo is a possibility too. Although that flies in the face of all the love in Bethesda's heart for the big metal manly men

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

raverrn posted:

Why didn't the Ghoul drop Maximus the first time they met? He didn't seem to have an issue with killing and the armor doesn't slow him down later.

he'd burnt through all his VATS AP loving up everyone else in the town

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Bright Bart posted:

Can I get a round for my man Chett? He's been instrumental to the plot progression in a number of ways and at significant personal risk. He didn't flinch when it came to being a stepfather when most dudes would nope out. And he helped the love of his life escape even though it meant losing the one thing keeping him going, and this was after his one true love rushed to bed another dude sight unseen

Not gonna lie, any scene of him being a (step)dad had my heart melting it bit

How fuckin' BIG is the oval office though? He's gotta be like 6'6 or some poo poo

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Back Hack posted:

It's very clear from the context of that episode and the episode before it, and the big arrow pointing to a nuclear explosion on the blackboard, the nuclear explosion is why Shady Sands fell on 2077.

Christ you're loving dense.

NMA or RPGCodex might be more your speed, bud

Nichael posted:

Hasn't the show basically already invalidated a lot of Fallout 4 endings by virtue of the Commonwealth Brotherhood existing?
Not that I care. Picking a canon ending to move the story forward is good.

Yup, having the Prydwen show up has a bunch of implications

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

counterfeitsaint posted:

Holy poo poo are you for real? How did you get your head that far up there? Can you see your tonsils?

lol, pot? Meet kettle

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'll call someone out in extreme cases, like posting pages and pages of the same argument. But going "um, ackshawlly" about the technical definition versus common parlance of typo is a level of pedantic even most veteran goons don't stoop to.

Fair!

moths posted:

FYI this pretty obviously depicts the fall and bomb as separate events.

No it doesn't, this is clearly a Todd Howard/Rainbow BLM collaborative action specificly formulated to step on back hack's dick, despite whatever they definitely have stated about the nuking happening right after new vegas or the timeline implied by the age of Maximus.

Open your eyes, sheeple

twistedmentat posted:

Sounds like the Fallout writers decided that in the show one of the endings happened.

With regards to both fnv and fo4

Kinda excited to see what the canon outcome was

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

covidstomper58 posted:

This whole thing stinks of a coverup. If Goosey doesn't pick up an Alien Blaster by the end of the next season, I'm gonna well I don't know what.

Wait, can synths utilize alien tech?

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Todd himself took a break from loving our mothers to confirm that it happened right after NV.

The gently caress more do people loving want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Rubellavator posted:

is it possible the writers just haven't decided what year Shady Sands got bombed?

The theory I saw, assuming that it wasn't just a poorly laid out diagram, was that they listed the wrong battle of hoover dam