Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wtf is a bathing machine? like a changing room, except somehow horses are involved? afraid someone’s gonna see your ankle on the way down to the water?? what the hell was up with that???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wrinkles.

Having to dump salt on everything just to taste it.

How people could raise a family of 12 on a part time farmhand income and go to college at the same time.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

The importance of cursive handwriting to the fabric of our society.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I had to learn how to write cursive, a check and balance a checkbook in elementary school. Then proceeded to never need to write a check in my life lol. The few times I've needed a check I just get a cashier's check and that's it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Heat Death; Can I ensure myself against this??

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Fancy cutlery. More than one set of cutlery and dishes. Cutlery and dishes specific to types of food. Rugs. Drapes. Wallpaper. Doilies.

Some of these may be more of a class than age thing but I've always associated them with incomprehensibly overcomplicated clutter that old people liked to surround themselves with.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
The Phantasy Star games

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
x86 to dec alpha emulation on windows nt

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
boiled steak

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Fancy cutlery. More than one set of cutlery and dishes. Cutlery and dishes specific to types of food. Rugs. Drapes. Wallpaper. Doilies.

Some of these may be more of a class than age thing but I've always associated them with incomprehensibly overcomplicated clutter that old people liked to surround themselves with.

Which spoon for the endangered bird eggs?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

At the beginning of the GMAT you have to copy an entire “I promise I’m not cheating” paragraph in cursive, it was seriously like the hardest part of the test lol

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

Which spoon for the endangered bird eggs?

just get one of those endangered bird egg spoon sets on temu. They're color coded by size so it's easy to find one that fits a sparrow or a hummingbird.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

also, the concept of “collectables” in general. Like funko pops, commemorative coins, action figures etc. Why do you want that poo poo in your house

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ah yes, that infamous vice of the old, funko pops

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I still remember 2nd grade where they taught us cursive.. one of the required school stores we needed to bring was 3 "Big chief" tablets yellow paper with 3 lines so you could learn how to write at 2 different heights to learn capital vs lower case cursive.

It was like 3 months 30 minutes a day it was probably worth learning.

The paper tablet notebooks were pretty racist .. but I didn't learn until I got the woke virus from the vaccine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Wendigee posted:

I still remember 2nd grade where they taught us cursive.. one of the required school stores we needed to bring was 3 "Big chief" tablets yellow paper with 3 lines so you could learn how to write at 2 different heights to learn capital vs lower case cursive.

It was like 4 months 30 minutes a day it was probably worth learning.

The paper tablet notebooks were pretty racist .. but I didn't learn until I got the woke virus from the vaccine

Sir, I don't think this is the right thread for you. Do you need me to call a nurse?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'll take a small chocolate frosty thank you

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

The high school I went to called their mascot The Redskins and this was more or less on every piece and apparel or merchandise.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That does sound good. I'll also have a frosty

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I want a pretzel baconator and an extra large coke. Make it a diet.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

dogs as a kitchen appliance. i mean really, who came up with this stuff?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

dogs as a kitchen appliance. i mean really, who came up with this stuff?

It's a living

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
dont do too many reps
past a certain age anyway
all you decisions come home to roost in your joints

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

spirit duplicator? you trying to tell me they had zines back in your day, old man?

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I’m pretty old; I went to college in the 80s, and even back then we were bitching about why was COBOL a required course instead of C++

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

DamnCanadian posted:

I’m pretty old; I went to college in the 80s, and even back then we were bitching about why was COBOL a required course instead of C++

worked IT in finance awhile back and some of their most important in-house software still ran off COBOL, your guess is as good as mine tbh

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

packed decimals? who would ever need that?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

taxes
who needs em

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Grey Cat posted:

Wrinkles.

Having to dump salt on everything just to taste it.

How people could raise a family of 12 on a part time farmhand income and go to college at the same time.

reported for being old in the young posters thread

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Eating rear end probably - that’s where poop comes from

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've got to renew for Medicare every year???

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

ah yes, that infamous vice of the old, funko pops

aren’t childless mid 40’s guys their main demographic?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Erectile dysfunction

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've never bought a Funko..... should I try it?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

White hot anger at poo poo that doesn't matter.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7297073175215541547

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

I've never bought a Funko..... should I try it?

only then will you know the true wisdom of maturity :haibrow:

The Bible
May 8, 2010

COBOL

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Smugworth posted:

reported for being old in the young posters thread

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for this meddling dog thing! :argh:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

who let the dog out? now the roast’s gonna burn :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
you missed the venga bus