Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Also, those weird aspic dishes from the 1950s through the 1970s. Not gonna lie, a savory meat jelly with cold cuts and vegetables in it doesn’t sound too bad, but then you get into the what the gently caress territory of something like bananas wrapped in melted American cheese topped with marshmallow fluff, ketchup, and sardines.

Did people really eat those aspic dishes?

Im only in my 30s but remember being around during one of my midwest grandmothers "luncheons" and there being jellied fruit salad, deviled eggs, finger sandwiches, a big cheese ball rolled in sliced almonds, etc.

Honestly it was all pretty good I remember eating a slice of the fruit salad with a big dollop of cool whip. Basically "jell-o" with fruit in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hobby culture / Hobby shops were around when I was a kid and it seemed like most upwardly mobile dads were involved in RC or models or something.

Most of these places are gone and I wonder if its just a change in leisure or a lack of time. Probs just mobile phones and social media leeching everyones time though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

God I loved old school Radio Shack. Like the best store to ever exist.

Ok boomer

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Checkbooks have carbon paper in them that would make a copy of the check. So youd total those up and subtract that from your balance.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its a small rodent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

HISAs or HYSAs also have the added benefit of giving you immediate access to your cash.

So while your monies might not increase in value at the rate of your buddys Slurped Ape, you dont need to worry about selling some asset to get access to your money.