Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Wrinkles.

Having to dump salt on everything just to taste it.

How people could raise a family of 12 on a part time farmhand income and go to college at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I had to learn how to write cursive, a check and balance a checkbook in elementary school. Then proceeded to never need to write a check in my life lol. The few times I've needed a check I just get a cashier's check and that's it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Smugworth posted:

reported for being old in the young posters thread

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for this meddling dog thing! :argh:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Doctor Dogballs posted:

i wrote a check yesterday, in real life, no jokes :colbert:

Were you the old lady in front of us at Walmart that held up the line for 10 minutes trying to write a check for a few dollars of groceries?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Duvets, like what’s the fuckin point

You take that back.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Telsa Cola posted:

I learned in highschool and my reaction to this day is "How the absolute gently caress do people not know how to do this or balance a check book holy poo poo"

I could still do it if I had to but I don't even own a checkbook. :shrug: Just never had a need to.
There was a few times when I was younger that it would have been convenient to have a check but most of the stuff I've needed checks for required a cashier check anyways. Now 99% of the time it's just convenient to use a card of some sort over a check.

Though once while I was working at a staples there was some weird card system outage for about 48hrs. The only thing we could accept was cash or check so I guess checks were pretty convenient at that time in particular for the few old people that came in.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

God I loved old school Radio Shack. Like the best store to ever exist.

I also liked it because I could buy some crazy niche adapters. Like antenna to coaxial or molex to pin or that funky power adapter I needed for an atari 2600.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

a dmc delorean posted:

I still don't know what a dixie cup is

They're just paper cups.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

No. 6 posted:

Who the gently caress wants that much Wendy's fries anyway? Oh, wait. Boomers.

More restaurants should have potato skin still on the fries like Wendy's :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Can't worm out of this Grey Cat, your grey hairs betray you, and we all know that was YOU writing those checks!

:argh: