Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Grey Cat posted:

I had to learn how to write cursive, a check and balance a checkbook in elementary school. Then proceeded to never need to write a check in my life lol. The few times I've needed a check I just get a cashier's check and that's it.

Maybe this is what was going on with my old roommate. So they had their bank mail them a check to pay their rent with, which sounds roundabout but they set it up to be automatic and monthly, so maybe it was easier. Except... it wasn't actually monthly; it was happening every 28 days. So a year in, their bank account has no money in it, and after someone explained why, they couldn't do anything about it until one of the issued cashier's checks had expired.

Which reminds me that I've (briefly) lived with two other people who were weird about rent checks. One dude insisted on paying using google wallet for some reason, which sucked because someone else had to get the money out of google wallet so they could cut a check for the landlord. The other is my favorite though - a subletter who refused on principal to pay the $5 or whatever it was for their bank to send them a checkbook. So when rent came due, they paid in cash - after spending several hours walking around the city, hitting each ATM for the withdrawal limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU