Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

am radio is the best part about overnight road trips

some crazy poo poo on the airwaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Big rear end On Fire posted:

GenX here. I took typing in middle school. Was only 1 of 2 boys. I had a primitive home pc so it appealed to me and has paid off 1000x over. A lot of people had no pc exposure so this would have been seen as something aspiring secretaries and clerks learned. Boomers I imagine even more so.

Typing on a typewriter was something the average person rarely did.

I’d had “computer class” in the (one) computer lab on like 286s every so often in elementary and also took the formal typing class in 6th grade. It had to have been one of the last of the typewriter classes before labs became more abundant at my schools :negative:

I realized pretty quickly how much of an advantage that was

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 17, 2024