Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DCFC's 2024 kits are... a decision. I like the goalie alt kit and our third kit (the black one) but the rest... they sure are kits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Lol I love that DCFC won on THAT goal. I'll post a replay once its out

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
DCFC home opener today! Got 4" of snow yesterday, so the FO put out an all hands on deck to clear the pitch of snow this morning. Lady bagmo's birthday is tomorrow and we're doing brunch with some friends so I have to skip checking off that bucketlist item. I'll post pics once I'm there tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
oh hell yeah that's Paradise Street Eats, good poo poo. I was fed pierogi by multiple people yesterday its how I'm still posting

we won and it was great and I cannot wait for us to dominate ANOTHER league

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Aggro posted:

It’s a weird season for sure. It took DCFC into June to get 3 wins last season, and they went the entire month of April without scoring a goal. They didn’t have 3 multi-score games until July.

This year they’ve won 3 games in a row, all 2-1.

don't forget we've also trailed in two of those games! and the team is actually fun to watch! Which you couldn't always say about the squads under Trevor

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
NEXT OPEN CUP ROUND DROPPED!!!!!! Here's what Sharta (Michigan Stars) had to say about having to play against Detroit City FC at Keyworth

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.ussoccer.com/us-open-cup/schedule

Next round of Open Cup matches are up on the site, I get to see us play the Stars on my loving birthday!!!!!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
okay i am not happy about a lot of things today but i also have to say

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

gently caress Detroit

I’m gonna figuratively powerbomb you through a table

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There's chat about MLS to Detroit but I don't think it really holds any water. There's not much desire, Dan Gilbert/Bedrock own one of the only sites that would work for a new stadium and I honestly wouldn't want to go to Ford Field or LCA for soccer games. It just sucks because I honestly feel like MLS expanding so much is just going to essentially gentrify soccer into being another "Major Sport" where we go and gently cheer our teams. I'm sure Detroit will incorporate fist fights into it, we sure have plenty at Lions games, but god drat I really enjoy supporting a non-Major Sport team

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Give me USL VAR or give me death, I'm tired of being mad at refs, need something new to blame

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Do over Ham posted:

Soccer in North America is sufficiently big now that larger markets could, in theory, support multiple MLS and USL clubs. Detroit City with its origins as a fan created and supported club could possibly survive if MLS came to Detroit, IMO.

If their owner wasn't such a train wreck, the New York Cosmos could be thriving right now in the USL Championship, as the greater NYC market is huge and the two existing MLS clubs barely register with the huge existing NYC soccer fan base and/or are simply too far away from many of their potential fans to draw full support.

I honestly don't disagree. If DCFC keeps their tickets prices as low as possible while allowing their supporters to.. well... support, they will continue to be a valuable and loved brand locally. It would honestly probably lead to the Detroit Derby where DCFC regularly crushes Detroit's MLS side, which would be cool and funny and something I would like to witness

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Lol More like Houston DynaNO hahahahahaha

honestly if I find a way to rewatch that match, I will share. It was a fuckin banger and Detroit City won it on a GK PK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otw1i4FCRMg

link to the match :)