Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I was gonna say there's no way World's End was worse than All Out 2020, but then I realized I remember absolutely nothing about World's End aside from the main event. That being said, I'm still going to pick All Out 2020 as the worst AEW PPV because of the Matt Hardy stuff. Since this is the primer thread, here's some additional context:

Matt Hardy was feuding with Sammy Guevara and they had a "Broken Rules" (aka Last Man Standing) match on the All Out 2020 PPV. The stipulation was that if Matt lost, he'd have to leave AEW. During the match, a backstage table spot went wrong and Matt brained himself on the concrete floor. Dr. Michael Sampson came in to check on Matt, and the match was stopped. After a few minutes of confusion, the match was restarted as Matt was deemed okay to continue. At this point, even Sam Neill in Event Horizon could tell you Matt was in no condition to compete as he was staggering around like a man having no idea where he was, but apparently he was fit enough to finish the match as planned. The finish was Matt throwing Guevara off the top of a scaffold on the stage to get the win. Obviously, that required Matt to climb up there, which was not particularly fun to watch.

After the match, Matt was taken to a local medical facility for further evaluation. A lot of viewers, including myself, were very concerned because head injuries can go real bad real fast even if the person initially seems to be fine, which put a huge damper on a show that wasn't exactly top tier to begin with. Eventually, it came out Matt passed all the scans and somehow didn't have a concussion, but he did spend some time on the shelf after this. AEW was deservedly raked over the coals for their handling of the situation, which is still remembered as one of the worst moments (if not the worst) in the promotion's history.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU